PDA

View Full Version : 2009 NASCAR Season....

Rogue
2/9/2009, 08:52 PM
Daytona in a few days.
In case you've forgotten since last season, here's a primer...

http://www.theonion.com/content/video/nascar_coach_reveals_winning

Guy at work and I bet $5 a race. If your driver wins you get $10. Pick a driver at the beginning of the season and pay each week. He has JJ. Killed me when I had Tony and Jr last few years. I'm thinking Edwards this year.

GrapevineSooner
2/10/2009, 01:00 PM
Might be Cousin Carl's year.

As long as it's not Kyle Busch, I'll be happy.

BudSooner
2/15/2009, 10:41 AM
Eh, Mark Martin has gotta be my pick...yeah he's been around since dinosaurs roamed the earth but he does have Hendrick power and this is his last shot at a championship.
I gotta feeling slick Rick has some extra ponies under the hood for the elder statesman of the sport.

If ya want a sleeper, pick Almendinger...play him weekly in your fantasy pools.

BudSooner
2/15/2009, 10:42 AM
Oh, the winner for the Daytona race today......Denny Hamlin.

Srsly.

royalfan5
2/15/2009, 12:03 PM
I think I am going to try and get back into NASCAR this year, but not until next week as Grandma's birthday has to take precedence today. It would be nice if Kenseth wins today though.

BudSooner
2/15/2009, 12:35 PM
It could happen, but the front runners in the Roush camp on plate tracks are always the 99/26/16/6, the 17 when it is towards the front always gets collected in the big wreck....Carl is a strong one to pick as Grapevine said.

If he and Matt can stay away from each other.

GrapevineSooner
2/15/2009, 01:01 PM
You know, there was a time when I couldn't stand Smoke and hated when he was winning all those races back in 2005 en route to his 2nd championship.

But he's really grown on me since then.

Especially when he lashes out against Badyear Tire Co.

GrapevineSooner
2/15/2009, 05:49 PM
Junior,

Just because you've had a rough day (of your own volition, I might add), you can't turn a car that blocked you down below the yellow line at this track in the middle of the pack.

That was just flat out stupid.

Mixer!
2/15/2009, 07:44 PM
Edwards is a punk.

Junior is an idiot.

Go, Matt, Go!

Madd Dawg
2/16/2009, 12:48 AM
This wasn't a very intresting Daytona, it was unfortunate that they called it due to rain. I think they should have waited a little longer to make the call, but it was nice to see Matt get this win. What Dale Jr did was uncalled for, he was a lap down and ended up taking out some people that had a good shot at the win.

In the end Smoke is going to surprise everyone and win the championship with his new team. He is this best driver out there, he has some great people on his team, and he is driving Hendrick cars. I really think he will pull it out this year.

GrapevineSooner
2/22/2009, 11:02 PM
Well, Smoke is third in the standings behind Gordon and Kenseth after two races.

Concerning tonight's race, I was actually pissed that Gordon couldn't get past the 17. From start to finish, I thought he had the best car. And I also think his crew let him down a bit with those pit stops late.

I don't want to say they cost him the win. But his chances of winning would have been much better had he gotten out of the pits with the lead.

Hopefully, it's a harbinger of things to come as far as wins go.

8timechamps
2/22/2009, 11:42 PM
Big NASCAR fan. Also a big fan of the 24 car. I really got into NASCAR in the late eighties, and have been a fan of Jeff since.

I agree Grapevine, Gordon was able to run up with the 17 all night (and seemed like he could pass him at will). Then, when he needed it most, couldn't. He said after the race that the changes made on the last stop made him a bit too tight.

You can really tell a difference with Jeff so far...just hope he continues.

If Kyle Busch would have won tonight, I think I would have had to choke myself. Can't stand that dude.

Next week should be a good one. Remember a couple of years ago when they went to LV and it was 100+ degrees, and nobody could run all out because the tires sucked so bad? Good times.

As for Grapevine's feeling on Smoke, I agree 100 %. I used to want to punch him in the throat everytime he was interviewed. For some reason, I kinda like him this year. I don't know if he's had to grow up a little since starting the team, or if his affiliation with HMS has somehow made me like him a little more.

Mixer!
2/23/2009, 12:57 AM
2 for 2! Go, Matt, Go!

Rogue
2/23/2009, 06:24 AM
Kyle > Kurt

I've had Smoke the last few years against this guy in the pool. Last year wouldn't have mattered who I took, JJ was just dominant.

I usually root for Stewart, Kenseth, Harvick, Edwards, and Kyle.
I like to see 24 and Kurt get beat.
Hamlin is a dang good driver; last year he impressed me.

8timechamps
2/23/2009, 10:31 AM
Kyle > Kurt

I've had Smoke the last few years against this guy in the pool. Last year wouldn't have mattered who I took, JJ was just dominant.

I usually root for Stewart, Kenseth, Harvick, Edwards, and Kyle.
I like to see 24 and Kurt get beat.
Hamlin is a dang good driver; last year he impressed me.

I didn't used to like Kurt. But, ever since Kyle came on the scene, and I heard they don't get along, I've started liking him.

I'm okay with Kenseth winning. Seems like a decent guy.

For me, Hamlin is like Stewart used to be. When he took out Keselowski last year in the Nationwide race, I've not enjoyed him.