PDA

View Full Version : A-Rod admits Steroid use...

Collier11
2/9/2009, 03:28 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/baseball/mlb/02/09/arod.admits/index.html?eref=T1

Say what you will about him having to admit it since these reports have come out, but that didnt stop Rafael Palmeiro, Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens, etc. from lying.

I dont like the guy, I think he is a jerk, somewhat overrated due to the fact that he never performs in the playoffs, and overpaid but atleast he came out and took responsibility for his actions

badger
2/9/2009, 03:57 PM
What, no other comments on this yet?

Ok, here goes:

A-Roid, F-Rod, A-Fraud, Ster-Rod, whatever, dude either misspoke or admitted that it wasn't just this one test from the SI report, because that was before it was a banned substance.

I did take a banned substance. For that, I'm very sorry and deeply regretful.

BANNED substance? It was banned back then, but never tested for! Whoops...

Also, I will not give him too much credit now, because he has publicly denied it before, so he's either lying then or now.

I would say that I wished that he was more honest earlier instead of just waiting until this report surfaces, but I find the likes of Jose Canseco and his "honesty" kind of annoying.

I don't hate the guy for making $250 million, or for roiding up, or for being a Yankee, or for lying. I think all MLB players make too much money, they all roid up, they all want to play for the Yankees and not my beloved Brewers (damm you, CC! DAMN YOU!) and we're all liars at some point or anything.

What I dislike about the situation is... the big deal being made of it. The dramatic music played over Ranger highlights of A-Rod's. The replays of the Katie Couric 60 minutes interview... the fact that they're only naming A-Rod and not the other 100-plus guys that had positive tests.

Bleh. Everyone lies, everyone roids, and everyone yankees in the MLB. Let. It. Go. Eee. Ess. Pee. Enn.

Scott D
2/9/2009, 09:48 PM
*yawn* wake me up when they out the other 103 guys who tested positive in 2003. Throwing him under the bus isn't good for you MLBPA.

tulsaoilerfan
2/9/2009, 11:39 PM
Kinda unfair that he is being singled out for this when there are 103 other players during that time that also tested positive; who did he **** off?

badger
2/10/2009, 11:03 AM
who did he **** off?

Answer:
- A majority of MLB fans, who think he is a d00shebag
- His teammates who think he is selfish and arrogant
- His team owners who have had to overpay for his @$$ ever since he left Seattle
- Every other player in the league who does not make as much as he does
- Every fan of his team when he chokes in the postseason
- Same reason for all of his teammates, coaches, and the team owner
- HB 1804 proponents for his Hispanic heritage
- Madonna for tabloid reasons
- His ex-wife because of the prenup
- Philadelphia fans. They just get ****ed at everyone for no apparent reason
- Derek Jeter - he was in New York first, d@mmit. Stop pretending to be my friend, you're only annoying the hell outta me, Alex!
- Yankee fans in general - they haven't won the pennant since 2000. Even the Red Sox have won since then! Multiple times!
- Red Sox fans - they hate Yankees no matter what.
- Mariners and Rangers fans. He left their teams for more money, after all.
- Every player that's had to stay in the minor league circuit for longer than a season. A-Rod enter the majors when he was eight-freakin'-teen, for cryin' out loud!

...Ok, don't think I've missed anyone. Maybe his daughters hate him too, I dunno. Did daddy forget to buy them new ponies?

Scott D
2/10/2009, 01:52 PM
Kinda unfair that he is being singled out for this when there are 103 other players during that time that also tested positive; who did he **** off?

I'd say someone in the MLBPA with some power. It wouldn't shock me in the least if they held onto those 104 positive tests to have as something to use against some players.

soonerinabilene
2/10/2009, 08:12 PM
The funny part of all this to me is that out of everyone involved, Canseco has been the most honest.

Scott D
2/10/2009, 08:45 PM
only because Canseco knows he's been blacklisted and has nothing to lose.

AllAboutThe'O'
2/12/2009, 09:10 PM
Couldn't have happened to a better person. I refuse to recognize the 2001-03 years where that oaf was part of the Rangers. He was to the Rangers what Howard Schnellenberger was to OU football.

JLEW1818
2/13/2009, 01:43 AM
I still see A-roid having a good next 8 years, putting him into Cooperstown. Thing with him is, he got caught with juice in the middle of his career, the others got in trouble at the end of their careers.

Although, I still vote Clemens and Bonds into Cooperstown......why?

Well first off Roger Clemens has 7 Cy Young awards. 86, 87, 91, 97, 98, 01, 04. So that clearly shows he was a stud before the Steroid time. ****, the dude has a cy young in the 80's, 90's, and 2000's, now that is impressive. Best Pitcher of all time. JMO

Barry Bonds, total Dbag, but in my opinion the best "baseball player" to ever live. He was also a stud before the juice. He has 500+ home runs and 500+ stolen bases, and nobody in MLB history even has 400 400. That is insane, and i want to say he has 8 gold gloves.

Barry Bonds is clearly the best baseball player of time.... i hate him, but he is.

Willie Mayes is debatable with 300-300-300, (hr,sb,hits). Bonds is 65 hits away from 3000.

The Remnant
2/26/2009, 07:16 PM
Steroids have been around since the 1950's. To assume that ball players only recently began using them is naive. Babe Ruth>Barry Bonds
Ted Williams> Barry Bonds