PDA

View Full Version : "Im on a boat" Digital Short on SNL

SeattleOUstudent
2/9/2009, 11:02 AM
Anyone else see it? It was freakin hilarious!

If I wasnt blocked from youtube at work, Id link ya up :)

JohnnyMack
2/9/2009, 11:09 AM
http://www.hulu.com/watch/56632/saturday-night-live-digital-short-im-on-a-boat

Boomer.....
2/9/2009, 11:11 AM
Clean version (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iUjx4_X1qA)

NSFW version (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7yfISlGLNU)

SeattleOUstudent
2/9/2009, 11:20 AM
thanks for the links!

achiro
2/9/2009, 11:53 AM
It is painfully apparent that "freakin hilarious" is in the eye of the beholder. That was just stupid. That guy from SNL needs to just go away and make room for someone that is actually funny.

TUSooner
2/9/2009, 11:59 AM
That whooooshing sound was the supposed hilarity of that skit blowing right past me. I kept waiting for some funny stuff, but it never appeared. Must be an inside joke between those who are easily amused. I want my 3 minutes back!!

By the way: The last time m------f----- was even nearly funny was when George Carlin said it way back in the day.

bri
2/9/2009, 12:31 PM
You know guys, a simple "I didn't care for it" will suffice. Opinions are not absolute truth, pro or con.

For example, I thought the only thing remotely amusing about the clip was the general lampooning of "big ballin'" hip-hop culture and the presence of T-Pain. Everything else was stuff we've seen those guys do before, but not nearly as funny. But for the record, my response to this clip is "meh". That way, I manage to reflect my response to the short without passing judgment on anyone who thought it hilarious. And the world continues to spin in greased grooves.

JohnnyMack
2/9/2009, 12:50 PM
I thought the only thing remotely amusing about the clip was the general lampooning of "big ballin'" hip-hop culture and the presence of T-Pain.

I thought that was the entire point of the skit. No?

TMcGee86
2/9/2009, 01:04 PM
I thought that was the entire point of the skit. No?

This.

And for the record I found it to hit the mark prefectly and I thought it was very funny.

olevetonahill
2/9/2009, 01:14 PM
[QUOTE=bri;2577016]You know guys, a simple "I didn't care for it" will suffice. Opinions are not absolute truth, pro or con.

Bro wouldnt that do fer all the Political threads also ?

bri
2/9/2009, 01:23 PM
Yes it would, but I'm not that idealistic. I'm looking for baby steps here, man. ;)

Chuck Bao
2/9/2009, 01:36 PM
As a parody, I guess it was funny. My problem is that I can't tell a parody from the real thing.

This Onion clip is sorta similar.

Definitely not safe for work.

http://www.theonion.com/content/video/in_the_know_are_reality_shows

olevetonahill
2/9/2009, 01:48 PM
Yes it would, but I'm not that idealistic. I'm looking for baby steps here, man. ;)
Im still a naive bitch , I want to Buy the ****in world a coke :rolleyes:

bri
2/9/2009, 01:51 PM
Yeah, you'll change your tune after half the world yells at you and tries to make you think Pepsi is better. :D

silverwheels
2/9/2009, 02:18 PM
I didn't laugh once. Not one of their funnier digital shorts.

OU4LIFE
2/9/2009, 02:47 PM
You people obviously didn't take a hard look at the mother****in boat...

Tulsa_Fireman
2/9/2009, 02:50 PM
Gay.

Gay gay.

OU4LIFE
2/9/2009, 02:52 PM
As a parody, I guess it was funny. My problem is that I can't tell a parody from the real thing.

This Onion clip is sorta similar.

Definitely not safe for work.

http://www.theonion.com/content/video/in_the_know_are_reality_shows

Gay.

Gay gay.

dude.

LoyalFan
2/9/2009, 07:22 PM
I killed it after the umpteenth F(in')Bomb and the tux with the untucked shirt appeared.
Besides, I've seen that act before.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Uw03hS_EMY

Where do I apply to get those wasted precious seconds refunded?
Thanks in advance.

LF

setem
2/9/2009, 11:49 PM
I thought it was pretty funny!

Good stuff but SNL is pretty weak these days.

SteelCitySooner
2/9/2009, 11:55 PM
"Dick in a box" was better. ;)

KC//CRIMSON
2/10/2009, 12:03 AM
It's no Lazy Sunday.

SteelCitySooner
2/10/2009, 12:05 AM
Or.. Irannnnn..

bri
2/10/2009, 12:33 AM
This (http://www.hulu.com/watch/56634/saturday-night-live-update-james-harrison) was some funny sh*t.

TUSooner
2/10/2009, 10:20 AM
You know guys, a simple "I didn't care for it" will suffice. Opinions are not absolute truth, pro or con.

For example, I thought the only thing remotely amusing about the clip was the general lampooning of "big ballin'" hip-hop culture and the presence of T-Pain. Everything else was stuff we've seen those guys do before, but not nearly as funny. But for the record, my response to this clip is "meh". That way, I manage to reflect my response to the short without passing judgment on anyone who thought it hilarious. And the world continues to spin in greased grooves.

You must love it or hate it; any other response is insufficent. It proves you are a gullible, woolly-brained lib who doesn't stand for anything. So there!

TUSooner
2/10/2009, 10:23 AM
"Do you, in fact, have any cheese at all?"

THAT was funny.

OU4LIFE
2/10/2009, 10:24 AM
The people in Elkhart get it. They understand.

TUSooner
2/10/2009, 10:41 AM
This (http://www.hulu.com/watch/56634/saturday-night-live-update-james-harrison) was some funny sh*t.

It was funnier than the m------ f------ boat. :)

OUstud
2/10/2009, 11:06 AM
It is painfully apparent that "freakin hilarious" is in the eye of the beholder. That was just stupid. That guy from SNL needs to just go away and make room for someone that is actually funny.

This.

SoonerJack
2/10/2009, 11:39 AM
I kinda chuckled at the boat, but I liked Sandberg's "Ras Trent" send-up better.

But like TUSooner, I think the Cheese Shop beats them both, hands down.

NormanPride
2/10/2009, 11:45 AM
Meh, I liked it okay. It was too long, and the lyrics were meh, but the concept was gold.

SeattleOUstudent
2/10/2009, 01:04 PM
Um yeah. It was not Seinfeld "genius". I missed the part where I inferred that.

Maybe if you guys werent so old, you would think it was funny :)

TUSooner
2/10/2009, 02:28 PM
Can I change my vote to "meh"? That seems to sum it up pretty well without revealing mysef to be the cranky old fart that I am.

bri
2/10/2009, 02:37 PM
It's what all the cool kids are doing. ;)

KC//CRIMSON
5/12/2009, 03:01 PM
"Dick in a box" was better. ;)

5 Months Later.....

http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/video/clips/digital-short-motherlover/1099491/

and

Andy Samberg hosts special on SNL short films

NEW YORK (AP) -- Sometimes the memorable moments on "Saturday Night Live' aren't live.

From Mr. Bill to "Lazy Sunday," the late-night show has occasionally presented short films, and is collecting many of the best for a two-hour prime-time special airing May 17 at 9 p.m. EDT. Andy Samberg is the host.

For a program that has sliced and diced material for all manner of prime-time compilations, it's the first time one is being devoted specifically to the short films.

"It's great to be able to show all these great ones from the past to a generation that is not familiar with them," Samberg said. "For me to do hosting segments and be able to (introduce) `Synchronized Swimmers,' this is not just something that influenced me heavily but influenced everybody in comedy."

That film featuring Martin Short's water acrobatics was directed by Christopher Guest.

Samberg also remembers Eddie Murphy's short film, "White Like Me," where the actor impersonated a white man.

"When I was a kid and saw that, my brain exploded," Samberg said. "It was like the greatest thing I'd ever seen in my life."

Robert Smigel's "TV Funhouse" was a frequent "SNL" feature, and the 2007 film featuring Justin Timberlake and a gift box won an Emmy Award.

But the granddaddy of "SNL" films featured Mr. Bill, a clay figure given a high-pitched voice and a tendency to meet untimely ends. Samberg, in his fourth season at "SNL," may be better known for his work on short films than live skits. "Lazy Sunday," a rap video about cupcakes and movies on an otherwise boring afternoon, became a sensation on the Internet and was key to the early success of YouTube.

Samberg has created several other films with partners Jorma Taccone and Akiva Schaffer, including a rap song with Natalie Portman and "Iran So Far Away," a tribute to Iranian President Mahmoud Amadinejad.

Samberg, Taccone and Schaffer were active posting comic videos on the Internet before joining "Saturday Night Live." That wasn't the work that got them a job on "SNL," however. Samberg said the show's staff noticed him when he wrote for an MTV awards show that was hosted by Jimmy Fallon.

Now Samberg is hosting MTV's Movie Awards after the "Saturday Night Live" season ends.

Live or taped? Samberg said he doesn't have a personal preference when he's working on the show.

"It depends on the material," he said. "I've had some of the most fun of my time here live in the studio. When something is really working in there and you're feeling the audience's energy and playing off each other, that can be kind of electric."

picasso
5/12/2009, 06:38 PM
You people obviously didn't take a hard look at the mother****in boat...

straight ups, yo.

SeattleOUstudent
5/12/2009, 08:35 PM
Yes, this was was on par with *** in a box

KC//CRIMSON
5/12/2009, 09:41 PM
I’m gonna be the syrup, she can be my waffle!

colleyvillesooner
5/12/2009, 09:50 PM
I thought the newest Timberlake episode was one of the best in a while.

That dude has got it all...

Collier11
5/12/2009, 10:08 PM
when im up inside ya mutha I never wear a rubba...LOL

OU-HSV
5/12/2009, 10:24 PM
I was absolutely rolling when I saw this the other night. Great stuff.
SNL has turned into a must watch event when Justin Timberlake or Peyton Manning are hosting it.

Collier11
5/12/2009, 11:24 PM
I dont remember what the skit was about, I just remember Peyton manning saying something to the affect of you could see his butthole or he saw someones butthole, I was crying that whole skit from laughing

def_lazer_fc
5/13/2009, 02:14 AM
fox ****ed up when they passed on these dudes

LoyalFan
5/14/2009, 04:25 AM

Ditteau!

At least we know that one of THESE guys has had a long career.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Uw03hS_EMY

LF

badger
5/14/2009, 07:52 AM
Oh so THAT'S where that d00she got this from?

I was playing TF2 online a few days ago and this guy kept playing this stupid rap song clip over and over and I was like "WHAT are they saying?! I wanna vote? Okaaaaaay... I guess Obama makes people wanna vote... please stop playing that sh!t now..."

So, there you go. I have an alternate opinion because the song's already been ruined for me.

soonermix
5/14/2009, 10:10 AM
those that don't think "I'm on a boat" is funny is just jealous because i ****ed a mermaid

ADs_Agent
5/14/2009, 10:31 AM
I'd be curious to know the age of those that don't find it hilarious. I think the under 30 crowd probably really enjoyed it.

badger
5/14/2009, 10:43 AM
26 year old here - didn't find it funny because of explained reason above. However, "I wanna vote!" might have actually had some awesome discussion potential here :D

Collier11
5/14/2009, 11:05 AM
those that don't think "I'm on a boat" is funny is just jealous because i ****ed a mermaid

actually its cus they are gay fish

StoopTroup
5/14/2009, 11:07 AM

Why did you do it?

http://www.warrenandderrick.com/images/2008/04/25/michael_phelps.jpg

Crucifax Autumn
5/15/2009, 01:38 AM
I refuse to reply to this ghey thread!