PDA

View Full Version : Why is it I decide I like a show just as it gets cancelled?

Frozen Sooner
2/8/2009, 02:01 AM
Sheesh.

Arrested Development. Firefly. Now Pushing Daisies. Dang.

Pushing Daisies is good, BTW. Sorry I didn't start watching soon enough to save it. :(

KC//CRIMSON
2/8/2009, 11:04 AM
Sheesh.

Pushing Daisies is good, BTW. Sorry I didn't start watching soon enough to save it. :(

You now officially have the luck of the :norm:

Rogue
2/8/2009, 11:19 AM
Arrested Development is greatness.

Do me a favor and nevar evar watch the HBO cartoon "The Life and Times of Tim." It's too good for you to go and get cancelled.

bri
2/8/2009, 11:48 AM
From TV shows to presidential elections, it's official: People from Alaska ruin everything.

SoonerBBall
2/8/2009, 12:29 PM
The cancellation of Pushing Daisies is a crime. It is everything that a hour long network drama/love story should be and has a really talented cast to go along with it.

Frozen Sooner
2/8/2009, 12:36 PM
From TV shows to presidential elections, it's official: People from Alaska ruin everything.

She's from Idaho.

Rogue
2/8/2009, 12:44 PM
She's from Idaho.

But the Idahoans didn't elect her.
Go Bengals!

bri
2/8/2009, 12:46 PM
She's from Idaho.

She's your governor. :D

Frozen Sooner
2/8/2009, 12:52 PM
She's your governor. :D

In the words of the bumper of every beat-up pick up truck from 1992-2001:

She ain't my governor.

;)

Frozen Sooner
2/8/2009, 12:53 PM
Arrested Development is greatness.

Do me a favor and nevar evar watch the HBO cartoon "The Life and Times of Tim." It's too good for you to go and get cancelled.

I watched it. Didn't like it enough to keep HBO. You're safe.

I'd start worrying about It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia though.

For the record, the curse only applies if I start on a show a couple seasons late.

KC//CRIMSON
2/8/2009, 01:42 PM
Froze, please stay away from Entourage, The Office, Nip/Tuck, and Top Chef.

Just pretend they don't even exist.

Frozen Sooner
2/8/2009, 02:08 PM
I've liked Entourage, the Office, and Nip/Tuck from the start. So they're safe.

SicEmBaylor
2/8/2009, 02:35 PM
Sheesh.

I have a similar problem, but I don't get interested in shows until they are cancelled.

bri
2/8/2009, 03:46 PM
That's just your pathological love of epic failure kicking in, dude.

bluedogok
2/8/2009, 07:19 PM
Sheesh.

If you aren't a Nielsen household it really doesn't matter if you watch or not.

You can always buy the DVD's (http://www.amazon.com/Pushing-Daisies-Complete-First-Season/dp/B000YAA2SQ/) and it is now available on Blu-ray (http://www.amazon.com/Pushing-Daisies-Complete-Season-Blu-ray/dp/B001A7X0ZO/).

bri
2/8/2009, 07:43 PM
Also, the Pushing Daisies story is being carried on in comic book form, not unlike Buffy and Angel after their respective cancellations.

Hot Rod
2/8/2009, 09:36 PM
Pushing Daisies seemed to be a show that ABC just threw in there, since ratings were already good with Lost being on the network. I've already seen previews for shows that will not cut it on ABC. Just allowing people to get some work in for a few months perhaps.