PDA

View Full Version : Political/legal people, what do you do with this?

tommieharris91
2/6/2009, 01:36 AM
A heartwarming story about love and compassion, just in time for Valentine's Day...

http://www.buffalonews.com/260/story/570428.html

SCOUT
2/6/2009, 01:45 AM
I know this thread will get very interesting. I will start it by stating my straight forward opinion. I think it is murder. Killing a baby after it has taken its first breath is beyond the pale. I will also add a quote from the article that I think all future Mothers should consider.

"She came face to face with a human being," Pennekamp said. "And that changed everything."
Expediency can make a solution seem like a good one, but reality can provide a greater level of focus.

Frozen Sooner
2/6/2009, 02:36 AM
Based on the law as it stands, it was both murder and malpractice.

I will leave other questions as to whether abortion at 23 weeks should be legal in the first place or why we have people who obtained their medical degrees in Haiti performing medical procedures to others.

I will leave the thread with a warning: keep it civil in here.

SicEmBaylor
2/6/2009, 03:19 AM
It was absolutely murder. I'm not interested in getting into the "when life begins" debate, but my general opinion is that nobody should be shocked that an aborted fetus is being treated as "garbage" because, essentially, that's what abortion considers the fetus to be.

Okla-homey
2/6/2009, 06:15 AM
Speaking as a former fetus, and on behalf of all current and former fetuses, we think abortion pretty much sucks the big one. Especially after the 12 week point in our development when we have lost our gills and tail developed humanoid characteristics.

mikeelikee
2/6/2009, 09:36 AM
I agree with you, homey. But isn't the plural of fetus, "feti"? :D

Vaevictis
2/6/2009, 09:59 AM
Live birth is live birth. Seems pretty simple to me.

47straight
2/6/2009, 11:44 AM
Well, you could pass the infants born alive act to clear up whatever is holding up the DA in the case. But then again, according to the CIC such an act would endanger Roe v. Wade.

yermom
2/6/2009, 01:23 PM
personally, i'm not quite sure some magic happens when a baby comes out of the vagina. it's not like there is some physiological difference before and after

why is it okay to use scissors to kill it when it's halfway out but throwing it in a bag afterwards is over the line?

I Am Right
2/6/2009, 01:28 PM
Death penalty.

OklahomaTuba
2/6/2009, 02:04 PM
These people have a special place in hell waiting for them.

Fugue
2/6/2009, 02:56 PM
personally, i'm not quite sure some magic happens when a baby comes out of the vagina. it's not like there is some physiological difference before and after

why is it okay to use scissors to kill it when it's halfway out but throwing it in a bag afterwards is over the line?

Agreed. I don't understand all the rage here when every day there are babies torn apart who are much further along.

TheHumanAlphabet
2/6/2009, 03:46 PM
I liked how he at first said he used an antique spear as a medical instrument, then recanted when he was told what it was...

Yeah, medical degree from Haiti, not so much...

TheHumanAlphabet
2/6/2009, 03:47 PM
I agree with you, homey. But isn't the plural of fetus, "feti"? :D

I thought it was foetus?? At least isn't that how the Brits spell it?

Frozen Sooner
2/6/2009, 03:52 PM
That's how they spell the singular.

I believe it's only proper to use the "i" pluralization for words of either Latin or Greek derivation, but I could be massively wrong.

Fetuses is, I think, the correct usage.