PDA

View Full Version : Obama sets USS Cole bomber free!

Jerk
2/5/2009, 08:05 PM
I'm just kidding! Did you really believe that Obama would do that? He's not THAT crazy!

Curly Bill
2/5/2009, 08:09 PM
Ya had me, cause yeah, I really think he would do that....

...especially if no one was looking.

85Sooner
2/5/2009, 08:12 PM
He's already doing enough without having to make it up;)

Jerk
2/5/2009, 08:14 PM
Well, he might!

President Obama Likely to Order Military Commission Charges Dropped Against Terrorist Suspect
ABC Political Punch ^ | February 05, 2009 | Jake Tapper

ABC News has learned that on Friday, President Obama will likely order the Department of Defense's Military Commission to withdraw charges against terrorist suspect Abd al-Rahim al-Nashiri. The charges may later be reinstated in a military commission or pursued in a civilian court. Al-Nashiri will remain in custody.

The announcement will not be made until after President Obama meets with the families of victims of terrorist attacks on 9/11 and on the U.S.S. Cole, where he will assure them that this step is not being done to be lenient towards al-Nashiri. The move is being done to stop the continued prosecution of al-Nashiri in a court system that his administration may ultimately find illegitimate, not for any other reason, sources told ABC News.

President Obama has expressed concern about whether the military commissions set up by the Bush administration are the proper way to go forward in pursuing charges against the U.S. detainees, and on January 22 he asked all the judges supervising the trials of detainees for a continuance of 120 days, so a team of administration officials could review the best way forward.

In almost the cases, that continuance request was granted. But last week the judge supervising the al-Nashiri trial –– Army Col. James L. Pohl, the chief judge at the Guantanamo Bay war crimes court –– said he would not heed President Obama's request for a 120-day continuance, or delay, in prosecutions of terrorism suspects. Pohl called the president's request "not reasonable" and not "in the interests of justice."

The arraignment of al-Nashiri is scheduled for Monday, February 9.

(Excerpt) Read more at blogs.abcnews.com ...

KC//CRIMSON
2/5/2009, 08:33 PM
Man.....think what you guys could do with all that free time if you weren't busy fapping to Obama.

Jerk
2/5/2009, 08:39 PM
Man.....think what you guys could do with all that free time if you weren't busy fapping to Obama.

What a knee slapper!

Huh! Huh! Huh!

AggieTool
2/5/2009, 09:28 PM
Sheeze...

That 'woulda been almost as bad as GW letting the Bin Laden gang fly out after 9/11 when the rest of America was stranded in airports.:P

Crucifax Autumn
2/6/2009, 01:11 AM
I heard he was gonna edit the bible to replace every mention of Jesus with Satan.