PDA

View Full Version : Who has had the stomach virus 2009 version?

frankensooner
2/5/2009, 03:15 PM
Dang, that was a nasty one. I've had worse, but I don't recall one that was more painful. The cramps were awful.

8timechamps
2/5/2009, 03:44 PM
IN!

Put me down for about 24 hours. I hadn't spewed like that since I was in about second grade.

Enjoy.

frankensooner
2/5/2009, 03:45 PM
It is so bad I wouldn't even wish it on SSC.

soonerboomer93
2/5/2009, 03:53 PM
it wasn't flu, your daughter poisoned you

frankensooner
2/5/2009, 03:57 PM
Actually, it was the two little kids breathing in my face. The oldest is smart enough to know where the money comes from and wouldn't chance it! ;)

Frozen Sooner
2/5/2009, 04:00 PM
Not yet. I do have bronchitis, though.

frankensooner
2/5/2009, 04:04 PM
That sucks Mike. Get well soon. I had the sinus thing with chills and what not and then the next week, BAM Stomach Virus. Watch out for it.

Frozen Sooner
2/5/2009, 04:18 PM
What sucks even worse is I have to appear before the Law School Scholarship Committee next week to argue for an increased scholarship and I haven't had a voice since Saturday night. Considering I've got to fly for 12 hours on Tuesday then appear Wednesday, I'm not hopeful that it'll be back all the way.

proud gonzo
2/5/2009, 07:14 PM
GHP had it.

Frozen Sooner
2/5/2009, 07:19 PM
GHP was probably just exhibiting an allergic reaction to himself.

stoops the eternal pimp
2/5/2009, 07:55 PM
I had it a while back....I'm now repainting the bathroom

OhU1
2/5/2009, 09:12 PM
Just got over it. One the worst things you can have. It's actually an intestinal virus commonly referred to by the mistaken term "stomach flu". If you want to get technical the correct name for the demonic disease is gastroenteritis.

I hit the OU Energy Center Stairs for a stair climbing workout early Saturday evening and felt great but mere hours later I was a weak tormented soul. The invading bug’s blitzkrieg is swift and merciless. Within a day of being exposed your body, more specifically “your stomach”, is a battleground for 2 -3 days where your immune system and the virus duke it out. One thing is for sure, I had no doubt virus sure as **** was winning the early rounds.

After a day or so you actually feel hungry again and well enough to eat a hamburger or something. BIG MISTAKE. Don’t do it. Learn from my folly. Eating anything other than what a 90 year old toothless nursing home resident can suck through a straw only awakens and angers the sleeping monster still living in your gut. That’s right, jello, broth (who eats broth?), water, cream of wheat if you feel frisky. Blah!

For some reason going to sleep was the only thing that would turn off this growling, raging, poop monster. I woke in the morning fearing my bed sheets would turn out like that scene in Trainspotting. Fortunately at least you can sleep with some dignity with this bug.

Anyway, after 3 bad days and a day to make sure the coast is clear as to not spread the little monster on to others I made it back to the work world. I’m ready for a better weekend this week.

AggieTool
2/5/2009, 09:31 PM
I once shat through the eye of a needle at 100 yards.:(

bluedogok
2/5/2009, 10:27 PM
Yep, it's a bad one.....

Tiptonsooner
2/5/2009, 10:47 PM
It is visiting me as I'm typing this, so don't read too close. All above is true, through a screen door without hitting a wire.

royalfan5
2/5/2009, 10:58 PM
I think I must have only had the Junior version of it, because while sucked, apparently it could have sucked a lot more.

Skysooner
2/6/2009, 01:54 AM
I had it too, but it was only the worst 24 hours of the last year. Was up and eating McDs 2 days after.

OUmillenium
2/6/2009, 10:24 AM
If I was a superhero, my power would by firing liquid lasers from my bum like I did for 12 hours (2 weeks ago).

Stomach cramps were really a pain.

Taxman71
2/6/2009, 12:08 PM
That must be what I have had the last week or so. Eating doesn't bother me, but the dehydration is brutal. Had to stop 1 mile into my daily 6 miler b/c the cramps were horrid and I couldn't breath. Decided to replace coffee with gatorade and it has helped alot in the last few days.