PDA

View Full Version : Who plays in the spring?

soonerfan28
2/4/2009, 05:28 PM
I can see us getting Landry more snaps in the spring but with a new center and new WR's Sam will need to get some snaps. I think we'll see Justin Johnson and Jermie Calhoun but I think Madu and Brown will sit. Gresham will probably sit with Hanna getting more time. On the defensive side I think we'll see more of RJ , David King, and McGee on the DL and at LB we'll probably need to see more of Box, Bryant and Balogun with Lewis and Clayton sitting more. Ibiloye. Proctor and Carter will push each other for starting spots with Desmond Jackson seeing some time with the 1's. I think we need Tress Way next year real bad so I hope he gets a lot of work in the spring.

oupride
2/4/2009, 05:35 PM
DeMarco?

JLEW1818
2/4/2009, 05:39 PM
DM is out

BoulderSooner79
2/4/2009, 05:39 PM
As I remember, DeMarco will miss spring ball.

I think the summer "informal" drills between Sam and the WRs will be as important as spring ball.

JLEW1818
2/4/2009, 05:40 PM
I've almost started my college football depression stage, last year i lasted till early April. I'm freaking out

MojoRisen
2/4/2009, 05:48 PM
I hope Demarco's Special Teams days are over, he just doesn't have good luck on ST.

I think we are loaded on Defense! LOADED

I would like to see Calhoun get his in the spring... See what that #1 RB in Texas is all about.

Spring/Summer with Bradford and the Wide outs- will be huge. They will have to get timing down pat.

Also I watched the BCS game again the other day, We should have stuck with the run - and QB sneak from the 6 inch line.. 17-7 at half would have been all we needed for UF to implode.

JLEW1818
2/4/2009, 05:51 PM
**** I'm ready for the spring game already

soonerfan28
2/4/2009, 05:54 PM
DM is out
Your obsession with Dom is how I'm starting to become with Calhoun. The dude is going to be a beast. We still have Murray, Brown and Madu, but I don't think they recruited him to sit the bench.

JLEW1818
2/4/2009, 05:55 PM
yep, I'm gonna have to pick a new player to be obsessed with this year...... I'm not yet sure who that will be yet... gotta pick a new 1 every year!

soonerfan28
2/4/2009, 06:01 PM
The last time we got the #1 RB in the nation and the #1 player and RB from Texas it went pretty well for us.

sooner518
2/4/2009, 06:41 PM
The last time we got the # RB in the nation and the #1 player and RB from Texas it went pretty well for us.

RB = Rhett Blomar??????????

:D

soonerfan28
2/4/2009, 06:54 PM
I fixed it.

ouleaf
2/5/2009, 01:46 PM
I agree about Hanna getting more looks. I really hope Madu can be switched to a full time WR. He seems like a real "Anything To Help the Team" guy. It would also help with the depth issues at WR. We have to implement Calhoun this year, and I'd hate to see Madu ride the bench all year.

I'm excited to see the new OL and DL guys step up and get some reps. Also interested to see who steps up at both Safety Spots.

NormanPride
2/5/2009, 02:12 PM
It's too bad, but Box is out with shoulder surgery, isn't he? I bet the freshmen get a ton of work. Allen and Jones will get most of the snaps, I think, other than keeping the starters sharp.

Lots of backups getting work to keep starters safe, so we'll see a lot of depth this year hopefully. I want a WR to step up as a clear #1...

soonerfan28
2/5/2009, 02:44 PM
I think Owens will make himself the best option at WR and I think it can only put a chip on his shoulder with them bringing in Kenney. That just adds to the competition. I think Kenney will have to learn fast and I could see Miller redshirting if Tennel or Caleb step up.

NormanPride
2/5/2009, 03:12 PM
Miller has made the most "wow" moments in practice according to most. I think they both look the part, and I'm excited to see what Kenny does as well.

oubose
2/5/2009, 09:15 PM
When is the spring game?

Sooner_09
2/6/2009, 12:45 AM
April 11

ousooners182
2/7/2009, 12:13 PM
yeah i've heard alot of good things about miller...his dad is always on rivals and said hes up to 228 now running 4.4 and getting quicker...

6'6 228 4.4.

sounds good to me...but i think owens will def step up...

im not to sure about kenney..his film looks great but you can tell his route running could def. use some work...but he only started playin football senior year so only 3 full years of football and i have a feeling he might have some trouble catching on to plays and routes but if he does he can really help us out too