PDA

View Full Version : Tyrece Gaines... any news/rumors?

soonerboy_odanorth
2/4/2009, 02:30 PM
Hope we're putting the full court press on him.

soonerboy_odanorth
2/4/2009, 02:51 PM
Nevermind... just checked Rivals and he's committed to Oregon.

Rhino
2/4/2009, 02:57 PM
We cooled on him while we chased Randle, Hawthorne and Kenney. I don't think OU expected a LOI from him.

Word is he might have academic problems anyway.

soonerfan28
2/4/2009, 04:38 PM
Did Oregon get Bryce Brown also. I saw that somewhere but I also saw that he commited to Miami. I also heard them talking to Les Miles on ESPN2 and he couldn't comment on Randle because he hadn't signed. Does that mean he's having doubts or is that just false hope?

IowaSooner26
2/4/2009, 04:47 PM
Probably just hadn't received the fax yet. Until you receive the fax to make it official they are still considered a prospect. Technically all he did at noon was verbal.

Salt City Sooner
2/4/2009, 08:05 PM
Brown has not signed, per a story from a local TV station up here, complete w/ Brian Butler interview. If you ever wondered what he looks like, he could pass for Jason Whitlock's long lost brother.

trwxxa
2/4/2009, 08:15 PM
Oregon has not received a signed LOI for Gaines. According to Rivals, Mike Belotti was quoted as saying "the situation will not be settled for weeks".

Sounds like a qualification issue.

Soonerfan88
2/5/2009, 01:03 PM
The last time OU cared about Gaines was in December before he didn't graduate as planned. The news out of Oregon only confirms their suspicions. None of the coaches wanted another David Sims and also knew if they weren't taking spring practice into consideration, they could find someone as good or better. Now we have Kenney and I'm much more excited about his potential than Gaines.

Collier11
2/6/2009, 12:11 PM
Word is that he never signed with Oregon and is now considering OU again, any truth to this?

soonerfan28
2/6/2009, 12:28 PM
How are we looking on scholarships? I know that we don't want another Sim's mess but we could use a quality receiver to add to our depth and if I'm not mistaken he had some size and speed. 6'2 225 4.4 I think.

Rhino
2/6/2009, 01:27 PM
From The Sporting News (http://today.sportingnews.com/sportingnewstoday/20090206/?pg=5):

Butler County (Kan.) Community College WR Tyrece Gaines had been all set to sign with Oregon, but decided not to do it at the last second. The 6-2, 210-pounder, who hails originally from Norcross, Ga., is now seriously considering Oklahoma. The four-star junior college recruit also had serious interest coming from Missouri, Oklahoma State and Ole Miss. He caught 33 passes for 543 yards and nine touchdowns last fall.

soonerfan28
2/6/2009, 01:30 PM
Thanks, Rhino. I hope we get him. I was off by about 15 pounds.

picasso
2/6/2009, 02:57 PM
Thanks, Rhino. I hope we get him. I was off by about 15 pounds.

got me through high school.