PDA

View Full Version : Your bride is fat. Do you tell her?

landrun
2/3/2009, 10:03 PM
It goes something like this....

Your bride of more than ten years: "Does this dress make me look fat?", she asks as she's getting ready for you two to go out for dinner.

You:

Choice A: "No. That would be your butt that does that."
Choice B: "No. It is the blubber bouncing around in the dress that does that."
Choice C: "Yes. You're heavy now and it is obvious no matter you wear."
Choice D: "Just a little."
Choice E: "No. you look good. Let's go now. I'm hungry."

Advantages of each answer:
A-D = You've been open and honest and maybe it will motivate her to lose some weight and start looking good again.

E = No hurt feelings and you go out to dinner and maybe have a good time in the sack that night.

Disadvantages of each answer:
A-D = She mopes around and whines all night because you called her fat. You ain't getting any either. (but maybe you don't really care because you're tired of her being overweight?)

E = She's feels great and goes out to dinner with you in a chipper mood possibly eating a healthy portion of food which only compounds the problem because there is no motivation to lose weight.

Post your opinions. I'll tell you the right answer in a few days. :D

bri
2/3/2009, 10:16 PM
The right answer is Choice F: Don't get married.

Suckers. :D

fadada1
2/3/2009, 10:16 PM
start watching the "biggest loser" together. subtle, but with a point.

Crucifax Autumn
2/3/2009, 10:43 PM
Give her a couple hours "exercise" nightly till she hits your target weight!

olevetonahill
2/3/2009, 10:50 PM
Is she Ugly to ? cause the vet dont do fat AND ugly :cool:

Crucifax Autumn
2/3/2009, 11:12 PM
Vet's an either/or kinda guy!

Turd_Ferguson
2/3/2009, 11:21 PM
Vet's an either/or kinda guy!:D:D:Dskinny but ugly / fat but cute.:D

Pricetag
2/3/2009, 11:25 PM
Until I'm down to my fighting weight, I ain't criticizing.

Crucifax Autumn
2/4/2009, 12:17 AM
My only problem is that between her fat *** and my fat gut I can't reach!

def_lazer_fc
2/4/2009, 01:48 AM
My only problem is that between her fat *** and my fat gut I can't reach!

wow dude. just....wow. too much. :D

Crucifax Autumn
2/4/2009, 03:55 AM
That was the point! It's the SO...it's supposed to be too much! lol

sooner n houston
2/4/2009, 07:53 AM
If you want ANY peace in your life, E is the ONLY answer! :D

XingTheRubicon
2/4/2009, 09:01 AM
Answer E but make her walk to dinner.

Be encouraging from the car.

Veritas
2/4/2009, 09:26 AM
E is the only truthful answer. The dress doesn't make her "look" fat, her fat makes her look fat. It's honest, and it won't have you going through self-service for the next month.

Oldnslo
2/4/2009, 09:58 AM
I have, in fact, said Option A to my wife. She thought it was hilarious. And I didn't get any.

soonerbrat
2/4/2009, 10:08 AM
It goes something like this....

Your bride of more than ten years: "Does this dress make me look fat?", she asks as she's getting ready for you two to go out for dinner.

You:

Choice A: "No. That would be your butt that does that."
Choice B: "No. It is the blubber bouncing around in the dress that does that."
Choice C: "Yes. You're heavy now and it is obvious no matter you wear."
Choice D: "Just a little."
Choice E: "No. you look good. Let's go now. I'm hungry."

Advantages of each answer:
A-D = You've been open and honest and maybe it will motivate her to lose some weight and start looking good again.

E = No hurt feelings and you go out to dinner and maybe have a good time in the sack that night.

Disadvantages of each answer:
A-D = She mopes around and whines all night because you called her fat. You ain't getting any either. (but maybe you don't really care because you're tired of her being overweight?)

E = She's feels great and goes out to dinner with you in a chipper mood possibly eating a healthy portion of food which only compounds the problem because there is no motivation to lose weight.

do you look as good as you did 10 years ago?

TUSooner
2/4/2009, 10:51 AM
E is the only truthful answer. The dress doesn't make her "look" fat, her fat makes her look fat. It's honest, and it won't have you going through self-service for the next month.

If you can't trust a man named "Veritas" who can you trust?

Tailwind
2/4/2009, 11:16 AM
Before you give an answer make sure you look in the mirror.

Oldnslo
2/4/2009, 12:11 PM
I work pretty damn hard to stay in shape. So does my wife. Do I look as good as I did 10 years ago?

Well, I've got less hair, and more of what I've got is gray. I've got more, uh, character lines in my face (mostly, thank God, from laughing and smiling). I've got more patience, I think. And I've got more stories to tell... and I tell them so well.

10 years ago, I weighed about 175. Today, I weigh about 175.

So yeah. As a matter of fact, I do look as good as I did 10 years ago!

MojoRisen
2/4/2009, 12:16 PM
Is she just a little bit fat, or is she fat? Also have you thought out the divorce strategy prior to answering.

My brother divorced his wife, because her arse got too fat... if they get fat too fast it is problematic. 10 years is one thing - one year is another :)

badger
2/4/2009, 12:38 PM
NP and I started working out a little. It is a fun and rewarding experience and gives us some time together after our full-time jobs that take up most of our time on weekdays. It's not doctor's order or anything, just a healthy and fun activity.

There are much better alternatives than to telling someone that they are fat. You can be honest and tactless, or honest and tactful. Learn the difference to avoid the boot to the head.

Viking Kitten
2/4/2009, 01:54 PM
I'm assuming your wife owns a mirror, right? Dude, she KNOWS she's gained weight. What she's really asking you is, "Do you still love me even though I've gotten a little fat over the years?" The answer is E, because if you love this woman, she still looks good, and you want to make her happy.

Man. It's threads like this that make me really appreciate my husband. My weight goes up... my weight goes down... and that man still thinks I'm beautiful no matter what.

Oldnslo
2/4/2009, 02:48 PM
HORK!!!!1!1!!

Viking Kitten
2/4/2009, 02:57 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/clausewitz666/YouBetcha.jpg

soonerbrat
2/4/2009, 03:15 PM
I work pretty damn hard to stay in shape. So does my wife. Do I look as good as I did 10 years ago?

Well, I've got less hair, and more of what I've got is gray. I've got more, uh, character lines in my face (mostly, thank God, from laughing and smiling). I've got more patience, I think. And I've got more stories to tell... and I tell them so well.

10 years ago, I weighed about 175. Today, I weigh about 175.

So yeah. As a matter of fact, I do look as good as I did 10 years ago!

i wasn't talking to you.

olevetonahill
2/4/2009, 03:20 PM
You Wimmens are Missing a very important Fact when ya say Look in a Mirror and all that stuff .
I dont have to look at me .:P

bri
2/4/2009, 03:48 PM
I'm assuming your wife owns a mirror, right? Dude, she KNOWS she's gained weight. What she's really asking you is, "Do you still love me even though I've gotten a little fat over the years?" The answer is E, because if you love this woman, she still looks good, and you want to make her happy.

Your non-defensive honesty about how that question is ALWAYS just a trap waiting to be sprung by another insane woman is delightful and refreshing. :D

TheUnnamedSooner
2/4/2009, 04:58 PM
My opinion is, don't ask those types of questions, you might not like the answer.

MojoRisen
2/4/2009, 05:01 PM
I call it sabotage if it happens in less than 2 years and no kids!

landrun
2/4/2009, 09:12 PM

I'm not going to reveal the correct answer just yet. Some of you are close. Some of you are waaaay off. :D