PDA

View Full Version : Good News: Iran now has its own satellite....

OklahomaTuba
2/3/2009, 02:05 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/7866355.stm

And its name is "Hope".

How awesome is that???

OUMallen
2/3/2009, 02:06 PM
I wonder what they're going to do with it.

OklahomaTuba
2/3/2009, 02:09 PM
Not sure, but my guess it involves bringing peace and love to the Joos.

Didn't TheOne® plan on scrapping the missile shield??

Boomer_Sooner_sax
2/3/2009, 02:37 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/7866355.stm

And its name is "Hope".

How awesome is that???

Heh: "Hope":gary:

OklahomaTuba
2/3/2009, 02:38 PM
http://www.moonbattery.com/archives/Kim-Jong-Il_Madeleine-Albright.jpg

Couldn't let Iran steal all the headlines, could we??

North Korea is preparing to test fire a long range missile capable of striking the United States, according to media reports in South Korea and Japan this morning.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/asia/article5647653.ece

soonerscuba
2/3/2009, 04:20 PM
Tuba, your posts aren't insightful, interesting, humorous or relevant. There isn't one redeeming quality to anything you have to say. At least RLIMC is sometimes unintentionally funny. I don't really care about the nature of your opinions (there are lots of conservatives around here), what bothers me is the fact that it drives other posters with insightful things to say away from the board because you don't actually address anything with substance. You post a picture or make some false dichotomy and then polish it off with a tired platitude, over and over and over within the same thread. It gets to the point where people are simply avoiding you to save annoyance, not because you have "won".

/eating baby and bacon joke.

olevetonahill
2/3/2009, 04:28 PM
I usually stay outa this kinda carp scuba but what the hell is wrong with this thread ?

AggieTool
2/3/2009, 04:33 PM
Any way I can be a problem here?:D

soonerscuba
2/3/2009, 04:36 PM
I usually stay outa this kinda carp scuba but what the hell is wrong with this thread ?Nothing in of itself. Iran has a satellite, but I hardly see how it correlates to Obama unless you are suggesting that the Iranians engineered, built, tested and launched a satellite in the last two weeks while Obama ran around aimlessly screaming for help. For the record, I don't blame Bush either, governing a sovereign nation's space technology is a tricky maneuver, short of armed destruction which doesn't pass a cost-benefit analysis.

Pricetag
2/3/2009, 05:45 PM
Didn't TheOne® plan on scrapping the missile shield??
Probably because "hope" is a pretty decent name for it, too.

sooner n houston
2/3/2009, 05:47 PM
We ain't worried about Iran, there just a tiny little country, no real threat to us! :D

fadada1
2/3/2009, 06:35 PM
you know, most of us, with a little effort, could put an object into orbit from our back yard. it frightens me that a country that has been around for thousands of years, has some resources, and more than a million in population, has JUST FIGURED THIS OUT!!!!!! i'd be impressed if vatican city did this.

seriously, did somebody in iran figure out how to do a google search???

landrun
2/3/2009, 06:58 PM
.... You post a picture or make some false dichotomy and then polish it off with a tired platitude, over and over and over within the same thread.

Scuba, I disagree. I think the point he's making is valid and is proven more and more valid each day. The Clinton Admin (Albright especially) believed these people were reasonable and you could negotiate with them. The reality is they're hell bent on developing nuclear weapons. And we're not talking about a pea shooter that will launch a nuke across their border. They're not going to be satisfied until they've developed an intercontinental ballistic missile that can reach us. They will not stop unless someone makes them stop. We can't dismiss them or take them lightly. And we can't negotiate with them or talk some sense into them. That is a mistake for which we'll pay dearly.

LosAngelesSooner
2/3/2009, 07:18 PM
Scuba, I disagree. I think the point he's making is valid and is proven more and more valid each day. The Clinton Admin (Albright especially) believed these people were reasonable and you could negotiate with them. The reality is they're hell bent on developing nuclear weapons. And we're not talking about a pea shooter that will launch a nuke across their border. They're not going to be satisfied until they've developed an intercontinental ballistic missile that can reach us. They will not stop unless someone makes them stop. We can't dismiss them or take them lightly. And we can't negotiate with them or talk some sense into them. That is a mistake for which we'll pay dearly.Yes.

We should blowed them alls up.

A-rabs.

soonerscuba
2/3/2009, 07:55 PM
Scuba, I disagree. I think the point he's making is valid and is proven more and more valid each day. The Clinton Admin (Albright especially) believed these people were reasonable and you could negotiate with them. The reality is they're hell bent on developing nuclear weapons. And we're not talking about a pea shooter that will launch a nuke across their border. They're not going to be satisfied until they've developed an intercontinental ballistic missile that can reach us. They will not stop unless someone makes them stop. We can't dismiss them or take them lightly. And we can't negotiate with them or talk some sense into them. That is a mistake for which we'll pay dearly.This is a fine argument's whose credibility is buried in the sands of Iraq. Everybody agrees that Iran should not be a nuclear power, but it has become abundantly clear that the UN/Clinton response to Iraq's WMD was successful. If Obama concedes to Iran, I will be with you, but I think it beyond premature to the kibosh a policy that you, or anyone else has seen action on. Quite frankly, America doesn't have the credibility or resources to hunt phantoms in Iran.

OklahomaTuba
2/4/2009, 09:16 AM
Tuba, your posts aren't insightful, interesting, humorous or relevant.
:D

Wow. someone got their panties in a twist!

My question is, why the hell do you read keep reading my posts and posting on them? Because truthfully, most of your comebacks are pretty pathetic and don't really offer any sort of insight, interest, humor or relevance either.

I mean, seriously, look at your response here. The fact you took the time to post this is telling. Does someone on a message board REALLY get under your skin that much? If so, that's just crazy. At least what I post is my original opinion based on current events in the world. your posts? Not so much. More like whining, mostly about the poster then the content of the post.

My advice, and I mean this seriously, it to just stop reading and responding to threads you don't like or don't understand, since they obviously frustrate you so much.

Let the adults talk and go play in the corner, k? YWIA.

picasso
2/4/2009, 01:29 PM
Nothing in of itself. Iran has a satellite, but I hardly see how it correlates to Obama unless you are suggesting that the Iranians engineered, built, tested and launched a satellite in the last two weeks while Obama ran around aimlessly screaming for help. For the record, I don't blame Bush either, governing a sovereign nation's space technology is a tricky maneuver, short of armed destruction which doesn't pass a cost-benefit analysis.

well Biden is the one that claimed the new administration could be tested early on. Call me crazy but that's a bit of a correlation.
I'm a righty but I definitely want Obama to have some tact and some nuts when it comes to dealing with these people and I happen to be pulling for him, rather than pinning silly stickers on my car and holding signs on the corner.

soonerscuba
2/4/2009, 01:51 PM
well Biden is the one that claimed the new administration could be tested early on. Call me crazy but that's a bit of a correlation.
I'm a righty but I definitely want Obama to have some tact and some nuts when it comes to dealing with these people and I happen to be pulling for him, rather than pinning silly stickers on my car and holding signs on the corner.I don't doubt he will be tested, but I don't think there is much America can do to address anything but immediate threats from Iran right now. I think a possible play is letting Netanyahu go after it in the future, it's not like they can hate Israel more, and they have a better justification than us.

I just don't think you can call an Iranian satellite at this point an Obama failure, it's not like they wouldn't have done it if McCain was in office, and Bush certainly didn't stop them from building it.

picasso
2/4/2009, 04:06 PM
I don't doubt he will be tested, but I don't think there is much America can do to address anything but immediate threats from Iran right now. I think a possible play is letting Netanyahu go after it in the future, it's not like they can hate Israel more, and they have a better justification than us.

I just don't think you can call an Iranian satellite at this point an Obama failure, it's not like they wouldn't have done it if McCain was in office, and Bush certainly didn't stop them from building it.

I can agree with that. But I think your boy Tubaer is pointing out the timing.:)

Vaevictis
2/4/2009, 04:26 PM
What's it matter? If we decide it's a problem, we'll just knock it out of orbit.

(In fact, we could very easily do it "accidentally" by putting some space junk in an intersecting orbit.)

JohnnyMack
2/4/2009, 04:28 PM
Why can't they have a satellite again?

TheUnnamedSooner
2/4/2009, 04:44 PM
Tuba Scuba fight!

soonerscuba
2/4/2009, 04:47 PM
I can agree with that. But I think your boy Tubaer is pointing out the timing.:)That's the rub, I didn't see anything about the timing, just stuff about "Hope" the missle shield and Sec. Albright. I'm honestly surprised we didn't hear about how the Iranian nuclear program could be fixed through tax cuts.

OklahomaTuba
2/4/2009, 05:23 PM
Ok, we should all just calm down - the satellite they sent up there is just so they can get more TV channels, like MSNBC.

Iran gets a hard rap.

They are such a progressive country deserving our respect and in some ways emulation. Just look at their commitment to fighting global warming - despite being a fossil fuel rich country they are devoted to developing clean power generation (like nuclear!).

IB4OU2
2/4/2009, 05:39 PM
Our ABMD program helps me rest easy.

picasso
2/4/2009, 06:10 PM
Why can't they have a satellite again?

I agree, let's let 'em fly it over your house.

BudSooner
2/4/2009, 10:19 PM
Ok, we should all just calm down - the satellite they sent up there is just so they can get more TV channels, like MSNBC.
I thought Achmed wanted to catch the Mack Brown show, I dunno. :D

royalfan5
2/4/2009, 10:21 PM
Are people supposed to be worked up that Iran joined the 1950's?

JohnnyMack
2/5/2009, 11:25 AM
I agree, let's let 'em fly it over your house.

Oh lawd! Oh noes! Don't lets 'em fly over me house with they secret Muslim death ray! Oh whoa is me!

:rolleyes:

OklahomaTuba
2/5/2009, 02:11 PM
JM's safe. He has his white flag and lunch money ready to go.

LosAngelesSooner
2/5/2009, 04:50 PM
JM's safe. He has his white flag and lunch money ready to go.
Whereas your tin foil hat will protect you from the death rays.

Harry Beanbag
2/5/2009, 04:56 PM
I just keep Christian Bale on a leash out front.

LosAngelesSooner
2/5/2009, 05:40 PM
kinky

picasso
2/5/2009, 07:08 PM
Oh lawd! Oh noes! Don't lets 'em fly over me house with they secret Muslim death ray! Oh whoa is me!

:rolleyes:

dude, they may realize that you like abstract expressionist art.

JohnnyMack
2/5/2009, 07:35 PM
dude, they may realize that you like abstract expressionist art.

Dude, we can have a difference of opinion and joke around and stuff but there's no need to get nasty like that.