PDA

View Full Version : Though I seldom post on this site (i.e. never have), I must say...

JB3
2/3/2009, 12:16 PM
as a SC native and hardcore FarkCentral poster, I admire the hell out of Oklahoma...

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c399/Baker59/800px-2008_General_Election_Results.png

The only thoroughly red state in the good ol' US of A regarding the Presidential Election and, I assume, conservatism in general.

A damned fine thing when you consider the following...
Interesting Statistics

Professor Joseph Olson of Hemline University School of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota, points out facts of 2008 Presidential election:

Number of States won by:

Democrats: 19
Republicans: 29

Square miles of land won by:

Democrats: 580,000
Republicans: 2,427,000

Population of counties won by:

Democrats: 127 million
Republicans: 143 million

Murder rate per 100,000 residents in counties won by:

Democrats: 13.2
Republicans: 2.1

Professor Olson adds:

"In aggregate, the map of the territory Republican won by Republicans was mostly the land owned by the taxpaying citizens of the country.

Democrat territory mostly encompassed those citizens living in government-owned tenements and living off various forms of government welfare.

Professor Olson believes the United States is now somewhere between the "complacency and apathy" phase of Professor Tyler's definition of democracy, with some forty percent of the nation's population already having reached the "governmental dependency" phase.

If Congress grants amnesty and citizenship to twenty million criminal invaders called illegal's and they vote, then we can say goodbye to the USA in fewer than five years.

:pop:

Frozen Sooner
2/3/2009, 12:26 PM
However, please check the veracity of things you post straight from conservative blogs. Professor Joseph Olsen of Hamline University denies writing any such piece.

If he had, he might be embarrassed to find out that there are, in fact, 50 states, not the 48 claimed above. Even in 2004, when this canard was first circulated.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/ballot/athenian.asp

JB3
2/3/2009, 12:31 PM
Sorry. Old news. Been posted and discussed here already. Keep posting tho. ;)

My bien jeffy. ;-p

Heck, I'm more elaborated that Oklahoma's the only state to go all McCain (county by county that is, and more so republican than the individual) than I am with all the other verbiage I included in that post.

Thanx for old news info on my part though. :cool:

Oh, and just so everyone will know, I don't wish any failure on nObama's part during his 4 years. I'm an American first, a Republican second. We'll see what we'll see. ;-p

Fugue
2/3/2009, 12:32 PM
mmmmm Hamline

http://www.spiralx.com/quiz/hotnot/images/bacon.jpg

JB3
2/3/2009, 12:36 PM
However, please check the veracity of things you post straight from conservative blogs. Professor Joseph Olsen of Hamline University denies writing any such piece.

If he had, he might be embarrassed to find out that there are, in fact, 50 states, not the 48 claimed above. Even in 2004, when this canard was first circulated.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/ballot/athenian.asp

Why thank you. I'll be sure and forward that in a BS Email I received (as humor mind you).

Like I said though, this thread was more so an admission of admiration of the county by county votes than the other verbiage.

However - I do take responsibility - My Bad. :cool:

JB3
2/3/2009, 12:46 PM
mmmmm Hamline

http://www.wpclipart.com/food/meat/bacon_strip.png

Uhhh Okay. :confused:

Fugue
2/3/2009, 12:47 PM
You don't like bacon?

Frozen Sooner
2/3/2009, 12:49 PM
You don't like bacon?

That's two strikes...;)

Fugue
2/3/2009, 12:54 PM
I thought it was a pretty good "ham line" joke too and that it might make the thread smell better. I guess not. :(
:D

JB3
2/3/2009, 12:55 PM
You don't like bacon?

Nah, not a bacon fan, you on the other hand are coming across as a humorous Bull ****te lover. :D

No offense there now. Certainly none taken on my part. ;-p

soonerscuba
2/3/2009, 01:21 PM
Oh, good. More links to unsupported conservative blogs, just what we need. Welcome.

Viking Kitten
2/3/2009, 01:43 PM
Heck, I'm more elaborated that Oklahoma's the...

This is just cracking me up.

TUSooner
2/3/2009, 01:48 PM
cramdown?

Penguin
2/3/2009, 01:52 PM
cramdown?

29 states out of 48 say: "cramdown"

Frozen Sooner
2/3/2009, 01:55 PM
cramdown?

CLAWBACK!!!

bri
2/3/2009, 02:19 PM
Oh, and just so everyone will know, I don't wish any failure on nObama's part during his 4 years.

Hmm, let's see..."nObama"...predicting him to be a one-termer.......yeah, you're brimming with good thoughts and well-wishes.

OklahomaTuba
2/3/2009, 02:28 PM
Just hope he did his taxes right.

JB3
2/3/2009, 03:27 PM
Hmm, let's see..."nObama"...predicting him to be a one-termer.......yeah, you're brimming with good thoughts and well-wishes.

:D Humor bri, humor.

Hail, if the guy does well, then great, good for us (I hope). If he wins his 2nd election, then I hope the best for all of us.

Look, the first post of mine here was just a "walk in the room" introduction so to speak. Nothing hardcore or insulting (I don't think??) to any of you dems/libs.

We'll have a little fun later. Intellectual discussions on a website are afterall, intellectually challenging (hopefully) and humorously entertaining. :cool:

leavingthezoo
2/3/2009, 06:16 PM
:D Humor bri, humor.

Hail, if the guy does well, then great, good for us (I hope). If he wins his 2nd election, then I hope the best for all of us.

Look, the first post of mine here was just a "walk in the room" introduction so to speak. Nothing hardcore or insulting (I don't think??) to any of you dems/libs.

We'll have a little fun later. Intellectual discussions on a website are afterall, intellectually challenging (hopefully) and humorously entertaining. :cool:

seems you introduced yourself to one side of the room and then pointed and whispered at the others.

but that's ok. us dems/libs have been waiting to have an intellectual discussion. [/drum roll]

:D

welcome, btw. here's to becoming even more elaborated!