PDA

View Full Version : The wife claims

OU4LIFE
2/3/2009, 10:36 AM
I'm handsome.

I told her she's required by marriage law to say that, right? She's also required to do other things, like make me a sandwich, but that's another thread...

Surely there's no chance she actually means it.

Thoughts?

I think she's just bucking for a nice Valentine's Day gift. Talk about a manufactured holiday...:mad:

Boomer.....
2/3/2009, 11:02 AM
I'm hairy.

I'm sure most would agree.

Preservation Parcels
2/3/2009, 11:08 AM
She chose you to be the first sight she sees every morning for the rest of her life. I think she means it.

Hot Rod
2/3/2009, 11:20 AM
Talk about a manufactured holiday...:mad:

Me and my wife's anniversary is late January, so therefore we do all of the flowers, dinner, and goodies then, when they aren't jacked up in price and just do a little something for the actual V day.

And, yes, she is required to make you a sandwich.

1890MilesToNorman
2/3/2009, 11:32 AM
I'm handsome.

I told her she's required by marriage law to say that, right? She's also required to do other things, like make me a sandwich, but that's another thread...

Surely there's no chance she actually means it.

Thoughts?

I think she's just bucking for a nice Valentine's Day gift. Talk about a manufactured holiday...:mad:

She's a liar! Put your wallet in the safe. :eek:

Viking Kitten
2/3/2009, 11:35 AM
And yet you always believe Howzit when he tells you you're handsome...

Turd_Ferguson
2/3/2009, 11:40 AM
sue her for defecation of character and take everythang!

Howzit
2/3/2009, 12:03 PM

In chaps. I tell him he's handsome when he puts on his chaps.

picasso
2/3/2009, 12:09 PM
In chaps. I tell him he's handsome when he puts on his chaps.

mohair?

Fugue
2/3/2009, 12:10 PM
"defecation of character" is making me laugh.

Howzit
2/3/2009, 12:10 PM
mohair?

No, thank you.

picasso
2/3/2009, 12:15 PM
mohairy?

badger
2/3/2009, 12:44 PM
"Handsome" is a point of view.

Just because you are not George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Matt Damon or any of the other guys that appeared in all of those Ocean's 11/12/13 movies does not mean you're not handsome. In fact, some may consider those guys ugly! "Ugly' is also a point of view.

Thus, I think you're pretty safe to thinking that your wife is being honest. However, there is nothing more "attractive" (again, a PoV word) than a nice "I love my wife and appreciate her" gift for Valentine's Day.

Don't think that it has to break the bank, either. Just put some thought into it and don't be begging the flower store to stay open a few minutes later on the night of Feb. 14.

So... are you "handsome?" Your wife said she thinks so. Nobody else's opinion should matter to you.

Boomer.....
2/3/2009, 12:45 PM
mohairy?

Yes, please

C&CDean
2/3/2009, 01:37 PM
"Handsome" is a point of view.

Just because you are not George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Matt Damon or any of the other guys that appeared in all of those Ocean's 11/12/13 movies does not mean you're not handsome. In fact, some may consider those guys ugly! "Ugly' is also a point of view.

Thus, I think you're pretty safe to thinking that your wife is being honest. However, there is nothing more "attractive" (again, a PoV word) than a nice "I love my wife and appreciate her" gift for Valentine's Day.

Don't think that it has to break the bank, either. Just put some thought into it and don't be begging the flower store to stay open a few minutes later on the night of Feb. 14.

So... are you "handsome?" Your wife said she thinks so. Nobody else's opinion should matter to you.

Check her our pimping for a nicer gift.

The stress in married peoples' lives would drop ten-fold if they'd follow my advice (which I've shared here many times before).

No presents. Ever. You get a card. Then once a year, you go on a trip, a cruise, or out for a high-dollar dinner that is each of your birthday/anniversary/valentines/christmas/easter/kwanzaa/hannukah/ramadamadingdong/boxers day gift to one another. I can attest that this works out great in my household. Neither of us has to worry about "WTF do I get them this year....??" Stress free.

Of course if it happens to be their birthday or something, and they happen to really need/want something at that time then that's OK. Of course it does mean that while I'm eating steak, she's getting a hamburger to make up for it on our cruise.

badger
2/3/2009, 05:57 PM
Check her our pimping for a nicer gift.

Well, the office DOES fill up with roses one day every year :D

:P I don't need a nice gift. I already have a nice husband.

:pop:

fadada1
2/3/2009, 06:29 PM
responding to your original point... if my wife makes me a sammich, i'm ecstatic and don't care if she thinks i look like george clooney or red skelton.

crawfish
2/3/2009, 06:37 PM
I think it's a case of, "if you say something enough times it comes true". ;)

8timechamps
2/3/2009, 08:38 PM
I assure you that she is only telling you that to make you feel better. Not only are you not handsome, you're damn near grotesque!

OR

She's done something bad you don't know about.

The more I think about it, it's the first one.

fadada1
2/3/2009, 10:20 PM
"If there's a woman that can take your presence for more than ten consecutive seconds, you should hang on to her like Grim Death! Which is not far off, by the way."

-Jerry

def_lazer_fc
2/4/2009, 01:50 AM
i cant believe it sometimes myself, but then again, i don't find myself attractive cuz im not attracted to dudes. but, yes, she means it.

OU4LIFE
2/4/2009, 08:27 AM

well yuh..

OU4LIFE
2/4/2009, 08:30 AM
this thread met or exceeded my expectations.

picasso
2/4/2009, 01:12 PM
this thread met or exceeded my expectations.

just like your short game.

OU4LIFE
2/4/2009, 01:26 PM
my short game ALWAYS exceeds my expectations...mostly because it's so bad I don't have any expectations.

but my long game is MONEY.