PDA

View Full Version : Combine Invitations are Out

stoops the eternal pimp
2/2/2009, 10:37 PM
Juaquin Iglesias, Manuel Johnson, Phil Loadholt, Duke Robinson, Brandon Walker, Jon Cooper, Nic Harris, Lendy Holmes all with invites

Curly Bill
2/2/2009, 10:39 PM
Where's mine?

fadada1
2/2/2009, 10:46 PM
good for them.

i must've missed mine in the mail as well.

Rhino
2/2/2009, 10:49 PM
Good. The previous rumor was that Cooper wasn't invited.

Curly Bill
2/2/2009, 10:53 PM
Hey Rhino (or anyone else), what happened to Jesse White, came in from Colorado like Cooper and was more highly rated. I'm sure I've heard the answer to this before but I don't rememer.

Rhino
2/3/2009, 01:02 AM
Big Van Vader Jr. had a career-ending injury and had to quit football - back or neck injury, can't remember. He's still a student at OU.

Desert Sapper
2/3/2009, 07:23 AM
Congrats to all the Sooner Seniors with combine invites (feels good not to have any Juniors in the draft for once).

I know he didn't start this year, but I wonder if Braxton will get a shot at a team as a Free Agent?

soonerfan28
2/3/2009, 09:43 AM
I would have liked to see Chaney get one. He seems to have the measurements (40 time,vertical,height) that the NFL looks at.

badger
2/3/2009, 10:22 AM
The Combine isn't an end-all to NFL dreams, fortunately. I think the OU Pro Day will still provide some Sooners not invited to the Combine the chance to show their skills.

On that note, I want a first rounder this year. I don't mind who it is, I just want someone that I can tell the entire room watching the draft that the guy wearing that cap and holding that No. 1 jersey is from Oklahoma. I didn't get to do that last year and I was very saddened about that :(

Therefore... the players must...

1- Follow OU coaches orders. Don't listen to your brainless agent, they weren't the ones that got you this far.

2- Don't complain publicly when things don't go entirely your way. Everyone has an off-day, don't act like it's going to happen again.

3- Don't fault others for your own screw-ups. The NFL thrives on fan relations. No fan wants to cheer for a crybaby, even if they're the greatest player in the league.

SoonerAtKU
2/3/2009, 10:23 AM
White was a back injury, if i recall. Something to do with compressed vertebrae.

soonerfan28
2/3/2009, 10:33 AM
We've had a lot of linemen leave with back injuries.

picasso
2/3/2009, 12:34 PM
I thought Walker was coming back?

stoops the eternal pimp
2/3/2009, 12:34 PM
Walker is a senior...You thinking Trent Williams

MojoRisen
2/3/2009, 02:29 PM
Braxton was behind Trent Williams I believe - so he was playing behind an All American candidate and likely First/Second Round draft pick. I would think someone will pick him up for sure.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
2/3/2009, 02:38 PM
i thought braxton had one more year. wasn't he a grayshirt?

Desert Sapper
2/3/2009, 02:42 PM
I would have liked to see Chaney get one. He seems to have the measurements (40 time,vertical,height) that the NFL looks at.

Ditto. I think Chaney should have gotten a lot more starts than he did (Baylor and K-State?). Dude is big and fast and could catch the ball when it was thrown at him. I never saw him have a 'brick hands' or 'tip drill' moment as a receiver. Then again, I think we only threw to him about 30 times this whole year and he had something like 500 yards and a couple TDs.

yermom
2/3/2009, 03:41 PM
no tipped balls or brick hands because his nickname was Alligator Arms ;)

he seemed to have gotten over it this year though and made some good catches, he did pretty well in the Fiesta Bowl too, if memory serves

picasso
2/3/2009, 03:48 PM
Walker is a senior...You thinking Trent Williams

ahhhhhhh thanks. I need to brush up on my football nerd skills.:)

soonerlaw
2/3/2009, 03:49 PM
From a Dallas Morning News Article regarding Lendy:

Holmes hopes he can attract NFL attention this spring. The father of five children, Holmes would love nothing more than to get a chance to make a living playing football.

"I feel no pressure. I know what I have to do," Holmes said. "I just have to go out there and do it."

Just like he did at OU.

picasso
2/3/2009, 04:09 PM
From a Dallas Morning News Article regarding Lendy:

whaaa?

UteSooner
2/3/2009, 04:40 PM
Is that a joke? Five children? What is he, 23 years old? Gosh.

UteSooner
2/3/2009, 04:42 PM
Is there somewhere that lists all players with combine invites, regardless of school?

NormanPride
2/3/2009, 05:17 PM
Lendy's been busy! Go get you some picks at the next level, my friend.

badger
2/3/2009, 05:35 PM
Is there somewhere that lists all players with combine invites, regardless of school?

http://www.nfl.com/combine/players

Is that a joke? Five children? What is he, 23 years old? Gosh.
Don't they have children at a younger age out in Utah too? I don't know, that's why I'm asking. I assume you're from Utah?

OU-HSV
2/3/2009, 07:39 PM
http://www.nfl.com/combine/players

Don't they have children at a younger age out in Utah too? I don't know, that's why I'm asking. I assume you're from Utah?

I wonder when they plug in the 2009 players. That is the '08 list right now. Do you know when badger?

UteSooner
2/3/2009, 07:52 PM

HaHa. Good point. They do get started pretty early out here (I don't claim being FROM Utah, I just go to school here--I was born and raised in OK). Even so, I've yet to run into someone with quite that many children at such an age. I thought I was young to get started at 25. That said, I don't run in the circles where you have multiple wives and marry preteens.

badger
2/3/2009, 08:11 PM
I wonder when they plug in the 2009 players. That is the '08 list right now. Do you know when badger?
Hopefully soon, heh.

stoops the eternal pimp
2/3/2009, 10:22 PM
Here is the official list

http://www.nflcombine.net/players/official-invite-list

soonerfan28
2/4/2009, 09:26 AM
Braxton got an invite and I think Lendy has 5 of those kids with that woman from California.

MojoRisen
2/4/2009, 10:41 AM
Lendy pull out! Dude