PDA

View Full Version : Justice Sandra O'Connor visited our office today

TUSooner
2/2/2009, 12:28 PM
Now illustrated!!!
She's hearing a few 5th Circuit cases this week and stopped by for some king cake. She's quite sharp and talked mostly about golf and fishing. My colleague has produced pictures, which I now post. That is all... except that this once again somehow proves that I am a better human being than you are. :D

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1769/oconnorkphlx0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
Justice O'Connor is the one in purple. She was obviously fascinated by my red tie and sparkling wit.
http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/4236/oconnortzkhkt4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Viking Kitten
2/2/2009, 12:33 PM
Cool! I got to interview her about a year ago when she was in Norman sitting for the 10th Circuit. She is a neat, bright lady, and meeting a childhood hero is about the coolest thing you can imagine.

Viking Kitten
2/2/2009, 12:39 PM
As a side note, she rarely does media interviews. I, however, have a connection in the form of OU Law Dean Andy Coats, who was her host. I think this proves conclusively that I am better than YOU. :-D

TUSooner
2/2/2009, 12:49 PM
As a side note, she rarely does media interviews. I, however, have a connection in the form of OU Law Dean Andy Coats, who was her host. I think this proves conclusively that I am better than YOU. :-D

Considering I didn't even tell her my name, I will concede to you on that. :D

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/2/2009, 01:36 PM
...this once again somehow proves that I am a better human being than you are. :DYou earlier said your daughter met Samantha Brown in NOLA somewhere. That's proof enough for me.

TUSooner
2/2/2009, 02:41 PM
You earlier said your daughter met Samantha Brown in NOLA somewhere. That's proof enough for me.

What a memory. That actually proves that she's better than either one of us, but since she's my daughter I accept her superiority vicariously and lord it over you without pity.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/2/2009, 03:12 PM
What a memory. That actually proves that she's better than either one of us, but since she's my daughter I accept her superiority vicariously and lord it over you without pity.as well you should!

XingTheRubicon
2/2/2009, 05:05 PM
She's hearing a few 5th Circuit cases this week and stopped by for some king cake. She's quite sharp and talked mostly about golf and fishing. If my colleague ever produces the picture she took of Her Honor and me, I'll post it. That is all... except that this once again somehow proves that I am a better human being than you are. :D

Did she get the baby?

Curly Bill
2/2/2009, 07:53 PM
She's hearing a few 5th Circuit cases this week and stopped by for some king cake. She's quite sharp and talked mostly about golf and fishing. If my colleague ever produces the picture she took of Her Honor and me, I'll post it. That is all... except that this once again somehow proves that I am a better human being than you are. :D

If you were to meet Scalia I might concede the point. O'Connor, not so much. ;)

TUSooner
2/2/2009, 10:13 PM
If you were to meet Scalia I might concede the point. O'Connor, not so much. ;)

I met Scalia when I was in law school. We had a short chat about legislative history compared to Original Intent. It was neat-o.

And Her Honor did NOT get the baby, unless she failed to 'fess up. :D

Curly Bill
2/2/2009, 10:19 PM
I met Scalia when I was in law school. We had a short chat about legislative history compared to Original Intent. It was neat-o.

And Her Honor did NOT get the baby, unless she failed to 'fess up. :D

OK, hi 5 for meeting Scalia! :D

soonerscuba
2/2/2009, 11:15 PM
I met Scalia when I was in law school. We had a short chat about legislative history compared to Original Intent. It was neat-o.Which means you pretty much met Justice Thomas too, so you got that going for you.

47straight
2/3/2009, 11:57 AM
Which means you pretty much met Justice Thomas too, so you got that going for you.

I met someone receiving government grants who claimed that parents taking their children to church was child abuse and should be prosecuted. So I should get credit for meeting Justice Stevens.

TUSooner
2/4/2009, 09:28 AM