PDA

View Full Version : TFRW - Wow, Just Wow

Leroy Lizard
2/1/2009, 11:31 AM
http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/01/31/roy-williams-clarifies-lions-work-harder-than-cowboys-comments/

On Friday, Cowboys wideout Roy Williams went on the radio and announced that "Detroit works harder than Dallas on the practice field."

He made the comment in the context of explaining why pregame preparations don't always translate to on-field success. Fine point, but given all that's transpired in Dallas over the last six months, it's probably a sentiment Williams would've been better off keeping to himself.

Which might've been why he went on two more radio shows to explain exactly what he meant.

Via the Dallas Morning News' Tim MacMahon, Williams showed up on the Ben & Skin Show:

"The practices in Detroit are a lot more difficult than they are in Dallas," Williams said. "Rod Marinelli had us moving at a faster tempo. The receivers were blocking downfield after every run and every catch, no matter who ran the ball or who caught the ball. We called it convoy. Obviously, we were getting conditioning in at the same time. That's why I felt like it was more of a difficult practice in Detroit than it is in Dallas."

Again, it's tough to take issue with Williams' initial comments, particularly when you read this, also from his Ben & Skin stint: "I tried to do it when I first got [to Dallas], but none of the guys were catching on, so I felt like an idiot running out there by myself," Williams said. "So I quit doing it, but I'm going to start that back up come the off-season work. If people come with me, fine. If they don't, I'm going to get my work in. It's my time to be a leader on this football team."

Hey, I give the guy credit for his honestly. Working harder next season certainly can't hurt, even if, as Ray Lewis pointed out after the Ravens whipped up on the Cowboys in Week 16, Dallas had the "easiest offense to figure out."

SoonerStormchaser
2/1/2009, 11:38 AM
He should just go do us all a huge favor and cut his nuts off so we don't ever have to hear his driveling bull**** from the next generation of Whorn idiots!

StoopTroup
2/1/2009, 12:14 PM
Maybe Jason Witten can show him his workout when he gets back from the Pro Bowl. :D

Leroy Lizard
2/1/2009, 12:22 PM
Maybe the Lions can release a training video for other NFL teams to watch and learn.

the_ouskull
2/1/2009, 12:23 PM
That sounds like the first smart thing he's said in his life. Good for him for calling out his team. I mean, I'm not a HUGE fan or anything, being a Giants, Tampa Bay, and Ravens fan. (NFL players have no loyalty, why should I? ...but I've been a fan of the Giants since the early/mid-80's. Crackhead L.T. Phil Simms. Mark Bavaro. (I know, I know...) No bandwagon here.)

...but Dallas totally underachieved last season, and it's on the coaching staff for not getting them to where they need to be, and on the owner for handcuffing the coaching staff.

the_ouskull

StoopTroup
2/1/2009, 12:27 PM
Maybe the Lions can release a training video for other NFL teams to watch and learn.

Yep...that too....lol

Leroy Lizard
2/1/2009, 12:35 PM
That sounds like the first smart thing he's said in his life. Good for him for calling out his team.

Publicly? No, never a good idea!

You can't have your practice regimens dictated by a solitary player through media pressure. TFRW should have scheduled a meeting with Jerry Jones and aired out his feelings. If Jerry refused to make changes, well, it's his team.

I don't know of any business owners that want employees airing out company dirty laundry to news outlets.

SoonerLB
2/1/2009, 12:40 PM
and on the owner for handcuffing the coaching staff.

You have hit on the #1 problem of the Cowboys I do believe. :)

StoopTroup
2/1/2009, 12:43 PM
I don't know of any business owners that want employees airing out company dirty laundry to news outlets.

Especially NFL Owners. It's a huge no-no. Of course the Players Union would support him and try to make it a non-issue...but he should have stowed it and just said that he's gonna be working on his game in the off-season and try to become someone that others than look up to as a leader.

To just come out and say he was hampered by the lousy workout routines of Dallas Players is way the hell out there...

whorn must have been to lunch with Wicky Rilliams that day...lol

Penguin
2/1/2009, 01:24 PM
Dallas has a football team?

stoopified
2/1/2009, 01:32 PM
TFRW should have to change his name,he disgraces it.

Scott D
2/1/2009, 01:42 PM
Short version of what he said.

Lions weren't real talented but worked hard. Cowboys believe the nonsense hype of the media and don't put out much effort.

Is it really a surprise to anyone? honestly?

tulsaoilerfan
2/1/2009, 01:50 PM
Short version of what he said.

Lions weren't real talented but worked hard. Cowboys believe the nonsense hype of the media and don't put out much effort.

Is it really a surprise to anyone? honestly?

Nope; as a Cowboys fan, i saw maybe 4-5 players tops that look like they give a damn on weekly basis

The_Red_Patriot
2/1/2009, 02:19 PM
I love every minute of it. The Dallas Cowboys have turned into the biggest joke in the NFL. Jerry Jones would rather look good than win.

Tony Homo sucks....Dallas fans really need to give up on that chode.

But hey....lets give TO and Dallas a reality show on VH1!! That will help make things better.

Leroy Lizard
2/1/2009, 02:41 PM
I love every minute of it. The Dallas Cowboys have turned into the biggest joke in the NFL. Jerry Jones would rather look good than win.

But... but... they got rid of Switzer. Shouldn't they be winning Super Bowls?

ouwapiti
2/1/2009, 04:35 PM
i'm with ya patriot on the t.o. thing.....i think i heard that michael (do you know who i am) irvin is also getting some sort of reality show ????......what really peeves me is that irvin is in the ring of honor and drew pearson isnt !!!!!!!!WTF

soonerfan28
2/1/2009, 04:48 PM
I think he's right and maybe nobody notice, but they suck and they have a ****load of talent. I'm a fan but Jerry Jones is more worried about himself and his new stadium and not the product he's gonna put on it.

Leroy Lizard
2/1/2009, 05:03 PM
Jerry Jones worries about making money. This is the NFL. For those that care about the spirit of the game, watch college football.

n8v_ndn
2/1/2009, 06:03 PM
This brings back to mind some (what I thought to be) disturbing comments coach Philips said in interviews on Hard Knocks--referring to his last 2 preseason camps as Camp Cupcake and Camp Marshmallow.

Apparently he'd like his team to look, move, and act like he does.

AlbqSooner
2/2/2009, 07:16 AM
He should just go do us all a huge favor and cut his nuts off so we don't ever have to hear his driveling bull**** from the next generation of Whorn idiots!

Wouldn't help. We hear driveling bull**** about Bevo from several generations of Whorn idiots.:D

GrapevineSooner
2/2/2009, 09:03 AM
But... but... they got rid of that hard *** Parcells. Shouldn't they be winning Super Bowls?

Fixt

SoonersEnFuego
2/2/2009, 09:11 AM
He's cut his nose off to Spiderface.

GrapevineSooner
2/2/2009, 09:13 AM
Now my .02,

The notion that Jerry doesn't care about winning is nonsense. He absolutely does.

The problem is, the way to win has to be his way. And he's got to be in on every personnel decision.

It's as if there was this desire to prove everyone wrong after he and Jimmy had their falling out and he's been trying to prove everyone wrong since then.

Which is maddening, of course, because if he somehow found himself out of his gig as GM, would any of the teams pick up the phone to offer him so much as a consulting job?

I'll take your answer off the air.

boomermagic
2/2/2009, 10:40 AM
I'm not surprised. He is a horn and it figures he would play for dallas atexas team.. DALLAS SUCKS !!!!!

boomermagic
2/2/2009, 10:42 AM
But... but... they got rid of Switzer. Shouldn't they be winning Super Bowls?

I was thinking the same thing.. They didn't know what they had with the KING.. Serves them right DALLAS SUCKS !!!!

CrimsonJim
2/2/2009, 10:56 AM
Now my .02,

The notion that Jerry doesn't care about winning is nonsense. He absolutely does.

The problem is, the way to win has to be his way. And he's got to be in on every personnel decision.

It's as if there was this desire to prove everyone wrong after he and Jimmy had their falling out and he's been trying to prove everyone wrong since then.

Which is maddening, of course, because if he somehow found himself out of his gig as GM, would any of the teams pick up the phone to offer him so much as a consulting job?

I'll take your answer off the air.

"The problem is" his way doesn't friggin work! If he really wants to to start winning, he needs to get the F out of the way and let the people that actually know what to do, do their jobs. Everyone knows there's plenty of talent on that team - there's just an @$$hat on top screwing everything up.

You're absolutely correct - NOBODY would hire that idiot to make any real football decisions.

stoops the eternal pimp
2/2/2009, 11:00 AM
The last time Dallas won a playoff game, John Blake was still coaching OU.....Just thought I'd put some fuel on the fire for the local Cowboy fans

Scott D
2/2/2009, 04:15 PM
"The problem is" his way doesn't friggin work! If he really wants to to start winning, he needs to get the F out of the way and let the people that actually know what to do, do their jobs. Everyone knows there's plenty of talent on that team - there's just an @$$hat on top screwing everything up.

You're absolutely correct - NOBODY would hire that idiot to make any real football decisions.

He likes to play General Manager the way that those of us who play fantasy football do. The only difference is that he's actually buying those players, and he gets to make those personnel decisions. If you Cowboy fans think Jerry is unbearable now with the way he tries to build this team, wait until the salary cap is gone.