PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Iowa State and Becoming a Dad

OUSKINS
2/1/2009, 11:28 AM
This post comes to you from the hospital. At 7:06 this morning, my wife gave birth to our first child-- a beautiful baby girl. Mom and baby are doing very well-- it was an amazing experience to say the least. Fitting for me being the sports fan that I am that she is born on day when my Cavs play on national TV and of course, Super Bowl Sunday.

But I did get to see the OU game yesterday. Here are some scrambled thoughts:

--Nebraksa played a "A" game against us in Norman-- Iowa St. played an "A+" game against us in Ames. That is a bad basketball team that played as good as they possibly could. Brackins is the one legit threat on their team, but the rest of their scrubs all had career days. OU has seen this on several occasions already this year: Lesser teams are jacked up and ready to play a highly ranked team with a highly touted star-- we better get used to it.

--So, I wasn't upset that the Cyclones stayed so close-- our defense in the first half was not good, but in the second half, I thought ISU just made tough shots. They definitely took advantage of dribble penetration when AJ was on the bench.

--Willie was ridiculously good on Saturday-- he has an unreal knack for knowing when the team needs him to be the man and when he can let the game flow a bit more-- that is an unteachable trait. It's beautiful.

--Blake was awesome; Taylor was not. Taylor did very little of the grunt work we need from him and Patillo did a good job while taking minutes away from Taylor.

--Really too tired to delve much deeper into this game. All road wins are good wins. We're on a roll and we should take care of A+M and Coloroado this week. Time for some sleep!

OU_Sooners75
2/1/2009, 11:35 AM
Congrats on the new edition to the Sooner Family.

They are a blast to be around. Frustrating at times, but overall a blast.

King Crimson
2/1/2009, 11:57 AM
congrats Skins and best of health to the kid and mom.

i didn't see the game but Houck and BBsr did seem to comment a lot of the very timely 3's ISU hit (darn near everytime we had a 3+ point lead)...that our guys had a hand in their face. at least in the second half.

soonerfan28
2/1/2009, 12:08 PM
Congrats. My wife's about 5 months from our 3rd and they are all a very different experience. Best of luck and health to the new addition and mom.

Sooner04
2/1/2009, 02:27 PM
Great job, Skins! You didn't name your daughter Riggins, did you?

:)

Newbomb Turk
2/1/2009, 02:36 PM
congrats skins!

I remember bringing my newborn son home from the hospital on Super Bowl Sunday.

Niners/Chargers. A few years back.

OKC-SLC
2/1/2009, 02:53 PM
Congratulations, Skins. Being the dad to a little girl is the best thing evar.

OUSKINS
2/1/2009, 08:58 PM
Great job, Skins! You didn't name your daughter Riggins, did you?

:)

Thought about it, but my wife nixed it, along with Lebrona :)

SoonerShark
2/1/2009, 09:22 PM

Lebrona Barracka Oprah: Named for three folks at the top of their game, Power Power Power.

SoonerShark
2/1/2009, 09:29 PM

And if it was a boy: Bono Esbach

That is Bono for a philanthropist who is the biggest rock star in the world and Esbach to keep him humble.

Bourbon St Sooner
2/2/2009, 11:13 AM
Congrats Skins. My wife and I are expecting our first in about 5 weeks. We're having a little girl as well. Try to get some sleep.

OUSKINS
2/3/2009, 04:00 AM
Congrats Skins. My wife and I are expecting our first in about 5 weeks. We're having a little girl as well. Try to get some sleep.

It's 2:59 a.m. Too late :)

Oh, and 5 weeks? That's cutting it REAL close to Tourney time, isn't it? March Madness will have different meaning for you this year. But seriously, congrats and good luck...you are in for a real treat.