PDA

View Full Version : The King Just Won the Super Bowl

sooner59
2/1/2009, 02:01 AM
ESPN 2 just showed highlights of the Super Bowl that Switzer won with the Cowboys over the Steelers. That was a fun one to watch.

DallasSooner87
2/1/2009, 03:36 AM
As much as I love The King and what he has done for OU. Every single Cowboy on that team pretty much said they willed and coached themselves to that Super Bowl win. Granted it is always good to see the Steelers lose.:D

StoopTroup
2/1/2009, 12:26 PM
As much as I love The King and what he has done for OU. Every single Cowboy on that team pretty much said they willed and coached themselves to that Super Bowl win. Granted it is always good to see the Steelers lose.:D

Wonder why they didn't just keep coaching themselves since they were doing so well. :rolleyes:

Everytime I hear that ****, I think...if they did Coach themselves to a win....they did it twice while Jimmy Johnson was there and he was so bad Jones fired him and found someone that wouldn't get in the way of the Team's Greatness.

They can't have it both ways.

They all sound like John Blake to me when they do that.

The Remnant
2/1/2009, 12:55 PM
Barry Switzer= Legend

Leroy Lizard
2/1/2009, 03:01 PM
Every single Cowboy on that team pretty much said they willed and coached themselves to that Super Bowl win.

No team is going to coach themselves to a Super Bowl victory. If the players truly thought that, they are deluded.

Michael Irvin certainly didn't say anything of the sort. And Emmitt Smith and Deion Sanders were pretty much behind Switzer all year.

The crybaby of the team was Aikman, and his subpar play is what really doomed the Cowboys under Switzer. Sometimes a player just has to nut up and perform his best, even if he has misgivings about the coach.

Leroy Lizard
2/1/2009, 03:03 PM
Everytime I hear that ****, I think...if they did Coach themselves to a win....they did it twice while Jimmy Johnson was there and he was so bad Jones fired him and found someone that wouldn't get in the way of the Team's Greatness.

Not only that, but why didn't they just "will" themselves to a Super Bowl win the following year?

Or didn't they feel like repeating?

StoopTroup
2/1/2009, 03:40 PM
Not only that, but why didn't they just "will" themselves to a Super Bowl win the following year?

Or didn't they feel like repeating?

It's all just BS.

The Cowboys are lucky to have any Fans left after what happened this year.

CrimsonJim
2/1/2009, 04:13 PM
It's all just BS.

The Cowboys are lucky to have any Fans left after what happened this year.

Ain't that the truth! I'm a fan and Jerry has just about pushed me as far as I'm willing to go. He needs to back the F off and let the coaches do their job or they're not going anywhere. I've never been one to just jump ship, but this dummas has got me thinkin' about shopping around for a new team! :mad:

Thank God for college football. The pro game is getting hard to swallow.

Leroy Lizard
2/1/2009, 05:05 PM
I don't understand why fans like certain pro teams. Whenever I ask, they always come up wth some dumbass reason like, "When I was a kid, my favorite colors were blue and yellow."

Seriously, how hard can it be to jump ship when the only tie you have to a team is that they are located somewhat nearby (in the next state)?

CrimsonJim
2/1/2009, 05:35 PM
I don't understand why fans like certain pro teams.

So you're telling me that you don't have a favorite pro team or teams?

Leroy Lizard
2/1/2009, 07:31 PM
No. There are teams I will root against because they have certain players or coaches.

Since they ran The King off, I enjoy watching Dallas fail. And any team that has a dope head RB playing for them can lose for all I'm concerned. But that's about it.

BajaOklahoma
2/1/2009, 07:44 PM
The crybaby of the team was Aikman, and his subpar play is what really doomed the Cowboys under Switzer. Sometimes a player just has to nut up and perform his best, even if he has misgivings about the coach.

Aikman is not the nice guy he wants you to think he is. We've had some business dealings with him and he will look you in the eye and lie to your face. One measure of a man is the way he treats those under him - and it is sad to see what he does to them.
I used to feel that he sort of got a raw deal when Jamelle took over. Now I realize that it was much better for OU that he wasn't there.

CrimsonJim
2/1/2009, 08:20 PM
No. There are teams I will root against because they have certain players or coaches.

Since they ran The King off, I enjoy watching Dallas fail. And any team that has a dope head RB playing for them can lose for all I'm concerned. But that's about it.

Welp, I'm about there with ya. I'm really tired of that @ssclown Jerry Jones screwing everything up.

Charla
2/1/2009, 10:34 PM
Will and win still comes up with the cowboys. It goes like this, Will the Cowboys ever win ? Maybe they need Barry back.

Leroy Lizard
2/1/2009, 10:34 PM
Aikman is not the nice guy he wants you to think he is. We've had some business dealings with him and he will look you in the eye and lie to your face. One measure of a man is the way he treats those under him - and it is sad to see what he does to them.

He basically threw Switzer under the bus to protect his own image.

polamalu
2/1/2009, 10:35 PM
"The King of Cheating"

CrimsonJim
2/1/2009, 10:44 PM
You do NOT come on this forum and defame The King! STFU, :texan: troll!!

boomermagic
2/2/2009, 10:51 AM
"The King of Cheating"

Go somewhere and suck yourself idiot !!!!!!

SteelClip49
2/2/2009, 01:48 PM
Barry Switzer will always be The King!!!

The Dallas Conboys will be frauds until they can clean up their prison image.

Pittsburgh Steelers are America's Team and SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!!!!

The Remnant
2/3/2009, 02:20 PM
Hey Polamalu. And we all know Pete Carroll would never cheat. Say what you want about the KING. But didn't ole Petey invite a double murderer into SC's locker room. Didn't he also have OJ on the practice field for photos. I guess he figured Simpson would fit right in. Maybe he can pay OJ a visit now that he's in the slammer.

Leroy Lizard
2/3/2009, 05:13 PM
But... but... I thought Pete Carroll went into the 'hood to persuade his "homies" to keep out of trouble.

He's a total fraud.

Sooner70
2/4/2009, 07:49 AM
I don't know about Aikmsn's character, but he does seem to be a pretty good FB analyst/announcer. Didn't Switzer help get him to UCLA whenever things weren't working out for him after the broke leg thing at OU?

boomermagic
2/4/2009, 09:11 AM
I don't know about Aikmsn's character, but he does seem to be a pretty good FB analyst/announcer. Didn't Switzer help get him to UCLA whenever things weren't working out for him after the broke leg thing at OU?

Yes, Barry did get him to ucla and the clown has never showed any gratitude.. He is not liked by his former team mates and coaches for the most part.. One of his former team mates at OU told me aikman is gay or at least bi sexual. They just don't like him because of his attitude.. Yeah, He's a pretty good tv man but he is an *** all the way.. I have no respect for aikman whatsoever..

SteelClip49
2/4/2009, 09:15 AM
Aikman is a terrible analyst.... and that is what Fox likes.