PDA

View Full Version : Tebow/NCAA rules violations

SOONER STEAKER
2/1/2009, 12:35 AM
Tonight, before the FL/Tenn basketball game, ESPN College Gameday had The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah the Messiah giving Digger and the boys a pep talk. He was screaming and yelling at em, waving his hands up and down to get them fired up for College Game Day.

Seems like Matt Leinart got into some trouble several years ago for doing the ESPN da-na-na stuff.

Seems like what The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah did would be an NCAA violation of some sort wouldn't it? Being that he still has NCAA eligibility left?

sooner59
2/1/2009, 12:39 AM
If they can't do a Nike commercial, they shouldn't be able to do an ESPN commercial. Screw Disney.

JLEW1818
2/1/2009, 12:47 AM
i saw it also, I'll try and find a link

CrimsonJim
2/1/2009, 01:48 AM
Is this the one you're talking about?

4L8FQAohi7I

MamaMia
2/1/2009, 04:10 AM
I wonder if he turned over any tables?

Crucifax Autumn
2/1/2009, 06:31 AM
Pizz on him!

007sooner
2/1/2009, 08:54 AM
Teeheehee. Fat lotta good it did the team out on the court to have jeebus speaking to them!!

Leroy Lizard
2/1/2009, 11:39 AM
Check this out:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls05/news/story?id=2267624

Leroy Lizard
2/1/2009, 11:54 AM
Here is what the NCAA says about student athletes appearing in promotions:

12.5.1.4 Commercial Advertisement. It is permissible for a student-athlete’s name or picture, or the group picture of a squad, to appear in an advertisement of a particular business, commercial product or service, provided:

(a) The primary purpose of the advertisement is to publicize the sponsor’s congratulations to the student-athlete or team;

(b) The advertisement does not include a reproduction of the product with which the business is associated or any other item or description identifying the business or service other than it name or trademark;

(c) There is no indication in the makeup or wording of the advertisement that the squad members, individually or collectively, or the institution endorses the product or service of the advertiser;

(d) The student-athlete has not signed a consent or release granting permission to use the studentathlete’s name or picture in a manner inconsistent with the requirements of this section; and

(e) If the student-athlete has received a prize from a commercial sponsor in conjunction with participation in an institution’s promotional activities and the advertisement involves the announcement of receipt of the prize, the receipt of the prize is consistent with Bylaw 12.5.2.3.3.

Yep, it's a violation.

The NCAA bans the appearance of student-athletes (except Tim Tebow) in advertisements because teams located near large media centers (USC) can use such appearances to recruit.

Of course, none of this applies to Tim Tebow. But if you were anyone but Tim Tebow, you could lose your eligibility.

badger
2/1/2009, 12:04 PM
I know I should, but I really don't care.We had to listen about Teebow the entire game, but Florida fans had to put up with our offensive snap second counter or whatev.

Let's let the SEC rivals handle this issue (like an anonymous tipster from Phil Fulmer or something???). I'm sure they will do this quite well.

SOONER STEAKER
2/1/2009, 12:04 PM
Leroy Lizard will represent OU in getting TT banned from NCAA sanctioned sports...ie..football!! Great job Lizard.

Lizard will provide us with an address so we can contribute to his legal fees.

Leroy Lizard
2/1/2009, 12:20 PM
Thanks (I think).

The fact that Tim Tebow's performance was pre-planned may be the deciding factor, since it is clearly not an interview.

If the NCAA allows this, then I would assume that a student-athlete would be allowed to guest on a sit-com.

StoopTroup
2/1/2009, 12:36 PM
Check this out:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls05/news/story?id=2267624

I think "unintentional and inadvertent" are what got Lienharp off...Not sure Tebow should get away with this one...It looked deliberate to me. I mean...it's what was reported about him every freaking week! He is an inspiration to every slacker out there! Including ESPN Slackers. :D

According to the NCAA's Kent Barrett, Leinart's actions were "unintentional and inadvertent. This was the type of thing where it was obvious the student-athlete was not attempting to become an endorser of a network."

L-Boy
2/1/2009, 01:05 PM
Good lord. I can't believe you devoted an entire thread to whining about his. :D I found it harmless and amusing.

CrimsonJim
2/1/2009, 01:15 PM
While it is harmless and amusing (to Gator fans), it is an NCAA violation. We're not bitchin' about the 'cute little skit', we're just "concerned" that the Timster appears to have broken the rules. :rolleyes:

sooner ngintunr
2/1/2009, 01:33 PM
That's the gheyest thing I've seen in awhile.

L-Boy
2/1/2009, 01:40 PM
While it is harmless and amusing (to Gator fans), it is an NCAA violation. We're not bitchin' about the 'cute little skit', we're just "concerned" that the Timster appears to have broken the rules. :rolleyes:

If it is a violation, I am sure we will hear about it. I suspect it at worst would be a slap on the hand. I don't purport to be an expert on the rules, but I find it hard to believe that a player cannot make a planned appearance. They do interviews all the time. Is a quick TV skit without any compensation or any direct pimping of a program a violation, again, I'll let the NCAA geeks sort that out.

I think you have to look at the intent and the supposed harm done, so that is why probably nothing comes of it. OU, like UF, has been through some tough times in terms of probation, etc, so I am not one to throw stones whenever some potential minor violation comes along. This comes across as sour grapes and cry babying, IMO. If Bradford did the same thing, I wouldn't care.

Scott D
2/1/2009, 01:44 PM
There is a provision where ESPN can get clearance from the NCAA for it. They learned that lesson from the Leinart incident. Quit obsessing over the guy and his remaining 5 minutes of superstar fame.

CrimsonJim
2/1/2009, 01:50 PM
I, personally, don't care either (note I did not create this thread). My video input was merely in response to jlew looking for a link. You in turn responded with displeasure, so I seized the opportunity to ruffle your feathers.....errr scales as the case may be. Settle down there little Gator buddy, I'm sure it'll be a no-harm-no-fowl kinda thing, so it'll be ok. I'm just havin' fun. :)

Leroy Lizard
2/1/2009, 02:54 PM
If it is a violation, I am sure we will hear about it. I suspect it at worst would be a slap on the hand. I don't purport to be an expert on the rules, but I find it hard to believe that a player cannot make a planned appearance. They do interviews all the time. Is a quick TV skit without any compensation or any direct pimping of a program a violation, again, I'll let the NCAA geeks sort that out.

I would be surprised if ESPN did not clear it first.

But I think the NCAA needs to crack down on this behavior in the future. The rules are in place for a good reason, and if you give 'em an inch, they'll take a mile. How would you like to see about a dozen USC players appear on national tv shows every week.? Who couldn't recruit well under those conditions?

The rules should be clear: Student-athletes can appear on such shows to answer questions (that is, interviews) and receive awards. What we saw was a performance, not an interview.

I think you have to look at the intent and the supposed harm done, so that is why probably nothing comes of it.

I tend to agree as long as Tim Tebow paid his own way (including all meals and lodging). But if ESPN or the university paid for any part of the trip, that would be a different matter.

And sure, we would probably defend Bradford if the same thing happened to him. Fans are just that way.

starclassic tama
2/1/2009, 03:10 PM
funny how this guy is being worshipped when he was neither the leading rusher nor passer in the title game.

StoopTroup
2/1/2009, 03:37 PM
There is a provision where ESPN can get clearance from the NCAA for it. They learned that lesson from the Leinart incident. Quit obsessing over the guy and his remaining 5 minutes of superstar fame.

Which is funny because then it is "Intentional".

The NCAA should get it together and either put an end to it or just let the Players do what ever the hell they want. Doing it with clearance is showing favor to Florida IMO.

You might think it's no big deal...but it really is a problem when you spotlight an amateur...especially one that can't see the train wreck which is his Football future. I look at that video and think..."That's pretty sad...they are making fun of him and he doesn't know it".

Scott D
2/1/2009, 04:56 PM
Which is funny because then it is "Intentional".

The NCAA should get it together and either put an end to it or just let the Players do what ever the hell they want. Doing it with clearance is showing favor to Florida IMO.

You might think it's no big deal...but it really is a problem when you spotlight an amateur...especially one that can't see the train wreck which is his Football future. I look at that video and think..."That's pretty sad...they are making fun of him and he doesn't know it".

I still don't see the harm of the piece. How many have talked about how ESPN has promoted "Tebowmania" for the last year, year and a half. So they did a comedic piece because they were at Tennessee covering the Tenn/Fla basketball game that night. ESPN went through the wrong channels with Leinart on that spot. They learned their lesson from that and went through the right ones with Florida.

Would this be a big deal if they'd gotten clearance and done a spot with Jacquizz Rogers? Should we be villifying Oregon State if it was the case? Or is it only a big deal because it's the current starting QB of the Florida Gators?

StoopTroup
2/1/2009, 07:40 PM
Well...as long as you don't see any harm...I guess it's OK.

soonergirlNeugene
2/1/2009, 07:41 PM
Meh

SoonerShark
2/1/2009, 07:43 PM
In exchange for the ESPN shout-out the only thing he received was the Monica Lewinsky he would have gotten from the staff regardless. No harm no foul.

GKeeper316
2/1/2009, 08:49 PM
If Bradford did the same thing, I wouldn't care.

if sam bradford had done it, stoops would have thrown him off the team to protect the program's integrity (see rhett bomar).

just another example of everybody getting on thier knees for tebow.

SoonerShark
2/1/2009, 08:55 PM
just another example of everybody getting on their knees for The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah.

"You want to do what to me...? How about you do it for that guy over there instead and just give me the tip money?"

SoonerShark
2/1/2009, 08:58 PM
"You want to do what to me...? How about you do it for that guy over there instead and just give me the tip money?"

Strike that. That was not nice. Tbone would give the money to a leper...or he would do unto the unclean soul what ESPN's on-air talent would do unto him.

SoonerShark
2/1/2009, 09:00 PM
Strike that. That was not nice. Tbone would give the money to a leper...or he would do unto the unclean soul what ESPN's on-air talent would do unto him.

"Mr. Tebow, is that a cold sore on your lip or leprosy?"

SoonerShark
2/1/2009, 09:05 PM
Tebow thing is like the emperor's new clothes...the on-air folks go on and on about the moving speech but his oratory abilities compare to George W's. I was expecting a Martin Luther King, Jr., type of speech when I read about it. His delivery was crappy. This isn't sour grapes, it is just I don't get all of the hoopla about his moving speeches.

SoonerShark
2/1/2009, 09:10 PM
Of course, Gary Cooper won a best actor Oscar and he spoke like he was reading from a ransom note cut from magazines. I would have voted for Gary Cooper, just not for the Emperor of Florida and All National Broadcasters.

Scott D
2/1/2009, 09:16 PM
if sam bradford had done it, stoops would have thrown him off the team to protect the program's integrity (see rhett bomar).

just another example of everybody getting on thier knees for The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah.

this post makes absolutely no sense. The two offenses (provided the Florida QB is part of a violation), are so vastly different that they're not even on the same planet much less in the same ballpark.

GKeeper316
2/1/2009, 09:19 PM
a violation is a violation.

stoops doesnt stand for em. end of discussion.

Scott D
2/1/2009, 09:19 PM
Well...as long as you don't see any harm...I guess it's OK.

More like I'm of the mind of "If it's a violation, then it's a violation." If it turns out not to be a violation, then there's no point in teeth gnashing or getting worked up over it. The fact that it's the Florida QB means as much to me as if it'd been the Kansas QB, or the Ohio State QB.

Jason White's Third Knee
2/4/2009, 11:06 AM
Is this the one you're talking about?

4L8FQAohi7I

I can only imagine how their lives must have been elevated by being in the presence of TT for 5 minutes. I am sure that they will be better for it.

meoveryouxinfinity
2/4/2009, 05:11 PM
So,

When can we expect to see Tebow on SNL?! I'm thinking a marijuana and michael phelps skit...

ZookSucks
2/7/2009, 01:15 PM
Here is what the NCAA says about student athletes appearing in promotions:

Yep, it's a violation.

The NCAA bans the appearance of student-athletes (except The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah) in advertisements because teams located near large media centers (USC) can use such appearances to recruit.

Of course, none of this applies to The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah. But if you were anyone but The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah, you could lose your eligibility.
it wasn't a commercial. it was just a skit they did during the show.

Hot Rod
2/7/2009, 08:36 PM
It looked more like they were making fun of him than anything.

Leroy Lizard
2/7/2009, 11:22 PM
it wasn't a commercial. it was just a skit they did during the show.

ESPN is a news outlet, so this skit is more of a promotional item for the network. The NCAA does not allow players to appear in promotional items, if I read the rules correctly. But at this point I don't even care that much anymore, other than to think that the NCAA should explicitly ban this type of activity in the future. Not so much because of Tim Tebow, though, but rather because teams like USC can take advantage of their location to major media outlets.

OK2LA
2/8/2009, 01:10 AM
Good lord. I can't believe you devoted an entire thread to whining about his. :D I found it harmless and amusing.

We've devoted entire threads to stuff much more stupid than this

OK2LA
2/8/2009, 01:15 AM
Not so much because of The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah, though, but rather because teams like USC can take advantage of their location to major media outlets.

Like Bristol, Connectuict?

OU_Sooners75
2/8/2009, 04:07 AM

It was harmless and amusing.

But so is a guy giving money to recruits to come to their school.

Both may be harmless and rather amusing....but both are violations to the rules set in place by the NCAA.

In therefore, both should be acted upon with equal predjuice.

OU_Sooners75
2/8/2009, 04:16 AM
Question.

How many ESPN commercials/skits was/has _ _ been on when it was planned?
Troy Smith?
Chrissy Sims?
Sam Bradford?
Jason White?
Any other NCAA athlete past or present.

Yet Tebow is?

Sco
2/9/2009, 11:22 AM
You guys seem to be forgetting that if you spend 5 minutes with Timmy boy, your life will be better for it, everyone you know will become cured, and you'll get the automatic green light into Heaven.

ESPN and the NCAA are just doing God's work. Leave them be. ;)

Mile High Sooner
2/9/2009, 02:22 PM
a violation is a violation.
Stoops doesnt stand for em. end of discussion.

Get a rope... :rolleyes:

snp
2/9/2009, 04:11 PM
I'm guessing the University of Florida compliance department and media relations employees have a lot better insight into this case than all of you.

oubose
2/9/2009, 07:52 PM
That is one of the dumbest things I have ever see, that kind of acting belongs on the WWE. GAY!!!!!!!!!!

Leroy Lizard
2/9/2009, 10:45 PM
I'm guessing the University of Florida compliance department and media relations employees have a lot better insight into this case than all of you.

True. But USC got nailed for something similar, and they certainly knew the rules.

Ignorance isn't the problem, unless you're Mack Brown trying to understand that "computer" thang.

sooneron
2/10/2009, 11:55 AM
ESPN is a news outlet, so this skit is more of a promotional item for the network. The NCAA does not allow players to appear in promotional items, if I read the rules correctly. But at this point I don't even care that much anymore, other than to think that the NCAA should explicitly ban this type of activity in the future. Not so much because of The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah, though, but rather because teams like USC can take advantage of their location to major media outlets.

NO, this is yet another ****ing stupid uproar. Instead of reading what the ncaa says, maybe you should go take an advertising class or two. It was not an advertisement or a promo Did it look like one? It could have been cleaned up and put on during a commercial break or "sell time", but it was not. It was a goof that was included AFTER a commercial break. There is no "sell" going on in that clip. He made fun of his bravado with some espn dudes on camera, espn aired it. And I seriously doubt he got any money for it.

You guys need to just drop the whole teblow thing. I don't like him that much, but the petty crap that is going on here is sad and pathetic.

SLOgator
2/10/2009, 05:00 PM
Just thought I would drop in to see if the embers were still smoldering.. Seems they are - you guys just can't get TT
out of your heads. Still acting like fools, calling him names...The game's over. Be like Nick Harris - He got his @ss trucked several times, but was a man about it, not like, well, you know who you are...

Leroy Lizard
2/10/2009, 06:51 PM
NO, this is yet another ****ing stupid uproar. Instead of reading what the ncaa says, maybe you should go take an advertising class or two. It was not an advertisement or a promo Did it look like one? It could have been cleaned up and put on during a commercial break or "sell time", but it was not. It was a goof that was included AFTER a commercial break. There is no "sell" going on in that clip. He made fun of his bravado with some espn dudes on camera, espn aired it. And I seriously doubt he got any money for it.

And ESPN aired it to for what reason? Because it's news? ESPN is a news outlet, not Saturday Night Live.

Now, if the activity was unplanned, that would be different. But ESPN puts on these skits for a reason, and it isn't to inform the public. It's marketing. And if you can't see how this is aimed at marketing, then you are every major corporation's dream.

Like I said before, this event should be used by the NCAA to revise its rules to keep this type of activity from going out of control. This event, in of itself, is not the problem.

Leroy Lizard
2/10/2009, 06:58 PM
Just thought I would drop in to see if the embers were still smoldering.. Seems they are - you guys just can't get TT out of your heads. Still acting like fools, calling him names...The game's over. Be like Nick Harris - He got his @ss trucked several times, but was a man about it, not like, well, you know who you are...

I tend to agree about some of the childish reactions to the Tebow lovefest.

But come off it with the "trucked" bs. The game was very much in question until the end, so to pretend that Florida's players just simply had their way all night is ridiculous. Both teams played lights out, and if you can't acknowledge that then get the Hell out of here.

sooneron
2/11/2009, 11:02 AM
And ESPN aired it to for what reason? Because it's news? ESPN is a news outlet, not Saturday Night Live.

Now, if the activity was unplanned, that would be different. But ESPN puts on these skits for a reason, and it isn't to inform the public. It's marketing. And if you can't see how this is aimed at marketing, then you are every major corporation's dream.

Like I said before, this event should be used by the NCAA to revise its rules to keep this type of activity from going out of control. This event, in of itself, is not the problem.

Man, you are the one that is every corporation's dream if you think ESPN is really a "news Outlet". Dream the **** on, Disney has no desire whatsoever to be involved in reporting news.

Until you provide some measure of ANY knowledge of advertising , I think it's best you just let this one slide. If you want the ncaa to adopt the rule of "no athlete should make any appearance whatsoever", feel free and good luck with that.:rolleyes: In the mean time your grasp of this is NOT SO GOOD. You may want to just let this die. Hopefully, the other "Tebow should burn" crowd will subside and quit looking so petty. It's pathetic.

Leroy Lizard
2/12/2009, 01:01 AM
Man, you are the one that is every corporation's dream if you think ESPN is really a "news Outlet". Dream the **** on, Disney has no desire whatsoever to be involved in reporting news.

Go to espn.com. What do you see? Headline news. Sports scores. Opinion pieces on the latest news items.

You may not like the quality of the news, and I certainly don't. But ESPN is very much a news outlet. In fact, it is probably the most prominent sports news outlet in the country.

Until you provide some measure of ANY knowledge of advertising , I think it's best you just let this one slide.

I don't see your resume posted anywhere, so who the _____ are you to question my knowledge about marketing?

If you want the ncaa to adopt the rule of "no athlete should make any appearance whatsoever", feel free and good luck with that. In the mean time your grasp of this is NOT SO GOOD. You may want to just let this die.

Quit bringing it back up, and I will gladly let it die. Maybe you should take some of your own STFU advice.

Hopefully, the other "The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah should burn" crowd will subside and quit looking so petty. It's pathetic.

Just to be clear, my criticism isn't pointed at Tim Tebow. From what I can tell, he didn't do anything wrong.

JLEW1818
2/12/2009, 01:46 AM
i vote lizard boy to leave, just me... lol

L-Boy
2/14/2009, 07:43 PM

Actually L Boy originally stood for Lizard Boy. :D

I hadn't been here in a couple of weeks, and I was shocked to see this was STILL burning on the front board. Funny, this is not being discussed anywhere else. I guess OU fans have some special insight into these issues.

Leroy Lizard
2/14/2009, 10:40 PM
Not as much insight as we have in good BBQ. After all, who would argue against Van's Pig Stand as the best BBQ in the entire midwest?

Seamus
2/15/2009, 03:04 AM

Pretty sure the "E" stands for Entertainment. That's all it was, and that's all most of their stuff is meant to be, for better or worse.

Now, that said, ESPN can apply their tongues to my taint, in a nice swirling motion, 500 or 600 hundred times. But you seriously need to calm down, down some Jack or Shiner or Mexican Tar or whatever gets you right, and move down the road to "Past It."

Life's too short to bunge your size 42 Fruit of the Looms into some size 28 Calvin Kleins.

Crucifax Autumn
2/15/2009, 05:20 AM

I vote this thread gets ignored, locked, or deleted. I'm sick of this dumb shat.

DCGator
2/15/2009, 08:40 AM
This skit was done in the middle of football season originally, during a game ESPN was broadcasting and was done in the Gator locker room. It was done as part of the game presentation and was shown during the segment when they do the player interviews. They asked him to do this skit while they were doing their interview of him for the game. I don't know why they are reusing it, other than it was during a Gator bball game, or they just needed a TBow fix. The skit was originally aired in a segment like when a player simulates a play on the football field. It was not like one of those pre-planned skits they do with the pro-athletes, at least it was not shot like that originally.

I have no idea if it's a rules violation, but if it is, then every player is going to need a compliance person following them around when they are being interviewed by the press.

CrimsonJim
2/15/2009, 01:47 PM
Hopefully, the other "The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah should burn" crowd will subside and quit looking so petty. It's pathetic.

I vote this thread gets ignored, locked, or deleted. I'm sick of this dumb shat.

YES! Shut it up and lock it down....ppllllleeaaasseeee. I would rather not have anything at all to read than to read about any further TRRTTM crap. I am ready to move on. :rolleyes:

Leroy Lizard
2/15/2009, 04:20 PM
The thread WOULD die if only people would quit posting for it to die.

No more posts! Fair enough?

sooneron
2/15/2009, 11:56 PM
I don't see your resume posted anywhere, so who the _____ are you to question my knowledge about marketing?

Quit bringing it back up, and I will gladly let it die. Maybe you should take some of your own STFU advice.

I have produced over 100 commercials and promotions. I have worked on more than a dozen espn promos. I have worked on more than another 150 commercials in my professional career thus far.

Please, go away. Seriously. Who ****ing stays on a site where they are not wanted? Why do you stay here? Hell, I bet your family says that pretty often.

Leroy Lizard
2/16/2009, 02:43 AM
I have produced over 100 commercials and promotions. I have worked on more than a dozen espn promos. I have worked on more than another 150 commercials in my professional career thus far.

Just when we thought the thread was dead, here comes sooneron galloping along: "I have won major awards and prizes... I have a 194 IQ... I have mansions and Ferraris... EVERYONE WANTS TO BE ME."

Just drop it already. Criminy!

deebo65
2/16/2009, 11:37 AM
So uh, did you guys see tebow at the Daytona 500? I can post some pics if you would like...

Now don't blast me I'm just bustin balls...

MiccoMacey
2/16/2009, 01:34 PM
Not as much insight as we have in good BBQ. After all, who would argue against Van's Pig Stand as the best BBQ in the entire midwest?

Absolutely noone with any sense of BBQ knowledge.

Leroy Lizard
2/16/2009, 08:01 PM
Walton's Smokehouse moved back to Midwest City, so who has the best?

Please don't give me a name of some freakin' chain.

CrimsonJim
2/17/2009, 12:24 PM
So uh, did you guys see The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah at the Daytona 500? I can post some pics if you would like...

Now don't blast me I'm just bustin balls...

Thank you. Consider the balls busted....yet again. :eek:

MiccoMacey
2/17/2009, 02:24 PM
Walton's Smokehouse moved back to Midwest City, so who has the best?

Please don't give me a name of some freakin' chain.

We're agreeing. Van's rocks. Best in the Midwest.

But the best ever goes to a shack in College Station. C&J's BBQ.

Leroy Lizard
2/17/2009, 11:29 PM
So how would you rank the steakhouses/barbeque joints in Norman?

I heard Indian Hills closed. Noooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MiccoMacey
2/19/2009, 07:53 PM
There's a Van's in Norman. So I'd call that #1.

Bob's BBQ is good...quantity is probably a bit higher than quality, but it's still good. You get a ton of food.

Leroy Lizard
2/19/2009, 10:05 PM
I ate at Bob's and thought it was terrible. But that was many years ago.

What about J.R.'s? And the Rib Crib? And B.J.'s? How would you rank them?

Where is the best BBQ in OKC?

Seamus
2/20/2009, 12:22 AM
Leroy, you ought to try Dr. Kevorkian's Backroom Ribs. They're killer.

MiccoMacey
2/21/2009, 07:41 AM
I ate at Bob's and thought it was terrible. But that was many years ago.

What about J.R.'s? And the Rib Crib? And B.J.'s? How would you rank them?

Where is the best BBQ in OKC?

Rib Crib is a national chain, and so it's out based on the criteria you set.

Not sure I've ever been to BJs...is it new? I haven't eaten in Norman since 2002. Pretty much the same for OKC.

And Bob's is hit and miss, I agree...too bad you got the miss. Like I said, even when it's on it's not the world's best BBQ, but they give you a ton of food for the price.

sooneron
2/23/2009, 12:45 AM
Just when we thought the thread was dead, here comes sooneron galloping along: "I have won major awards and prizes... I have a 194 IQ... I have mansions and Ferraris... EVERYONE WANTS TO BE ME."

Just drop it already. Criminy!

Wow, your reading comprehension sucks. Really bad, when in doubt try to make yourself sound like regular folk and talk about bbq. Fag, the best ribs are out of my smoker, so you still lose, of course, you're used to that. Turn on gas, open oven door...

OU_Sooners75
2/23/2009, 03:21 AM
Lizard...please do not respond to this post....

But you said,

The thread WOULD die if only people would quit posting for it to die.

No more posts! Fair enough?

Yet you have posted 4 more times in this thread. STFU and move on. Nothing will come about this, rule breaking or not!