PDA

View Full Version : New suspense-thriller "Taken" w/Liam Neeson

Okla-homey
1/31/2009, 08:16 PM
soopah!

If you are the father of a daughter, this movie will push every button on your heart and stimulate your go-kick-some-a$$ gland.

Rousing good, utterly predictable outcome, but dang fine entertainment.

KC//CRIMSON
1/31/2009, 08:24 PM
never heard of it......:D

bri
1/31/2009, 08:25 PM
I agree. That movie is the very best kind of kick-*ss. It feels like it drags a bit in the first part, but that's just because we've all seen the trailer and we know how totally face-rocking-off it's gonna get. Once we get to the good stuff, it's on like Donkey Kong.

Soonrboy
1/31/2009, 11:44 PM
Liam Neeson is a bad ***...plus seeing it at the warren theater makes everything better by at least 20%

SeattleOUstudent
2/1/2009, 12:34 AM
LOST hasnt been the same since Maggie Grace left :)

http://www.hkb.org.uk/collages/m/maggiegrace/MaggieGrace_Lost104_hkb5.jpg

8timechamps
2/1/2009, 11:27 AM
Based on these reviews, I'm gonna check it out.

Although, the preview seems to make Liam drag a bit (with his "you messed with the wrong guy" lines).

GottaHavePride
2/1/2009, 07:12 PM
No way. Liam is THE reason to go see this movie.

Yeah, end result? No surprise. Fun movie to watch. Liam Neeson's character is darker than I expected. Nice change for this type of movie.

Okla-homey
2/1/2009, 07:30 PM
The ONLY part in which I did'nt cheer Liam was his conduct towards the Frog cop's wife at dinner. The woman had given him his choice of chicken parts and had just asked him if he wanted carrots. Then, he went bananas. That was a bit uncalled for IMHO.

Also, note to self. If you are a young American hottie traveling alone in Europe, its best to be "pure," because that way, even if kidnapped, you won't end up at job site serving as a mid-shift snack for horny hard-hats. Instead, you get boatrides. ;)

KC//CRIMSON
2/1/2009, 07:55 PM
The ONLY part in which I did'nt cheer Liam was his conduct towards the Frog cop's wife at dinner. The woman had given him his choice of chicken parts and had just asked him if he wanted carrots. Then, he went bananas. That was a bit uncalled for IMHO.

That's what is called an "attention getter." If you want results, you pop a cap in authority's *ss.

fadada1
2/1/2009, 10:28 PM
LOST hasnt been the same since Maggie Grace left :)

http://www.hkb.org.uk/collages/m/maggiegrace/MaggieGrace_Lost104_hkb5.jpg

SHE'S EVERYWHERE!!!!!

either that, or she's one sister among nontuplets.

JohnnyMack
2/8/2009, 06:58 PM
I thought it was borderline horrible. I'm pretty sure it was written by a 10th grade drama class.

Boomer.....
2/9/2009, 08:42 AM
I saw it this weekend also. Very entertaining movie. It bordered on unbelievable but still a good movie.

silverwheels
2/9/2009, 01:47 PM
It's good for what it is. Should it win any awards or anything? No, but you know what you're going to get with this type of movie and it executed the whole "badass guy tracks down a bunch of people and beats the **** out of them and/or kills them" plot pretty well. The fight scenes were very well choreographed.

KC//CRIMSON
2/9/2009, 02:00 PM
It's good for what it is. Should it win any awards or anything? No, but you know what you're going to get with this type of movie and it executed the whole "badass guy tracks down a bunch of people and beats the **** out of them and/or kills them" plot pretty well. The fight scenes were very well choreographed.

This.

It's like Jason Bourne and Jason Voorhees had a kid together who went all Death Wish on some Albanian terrorist.

badger
2/9/2009, 06:47 PM
Go see Coraline instead. My husband gave his seal of disapproval on my desire to see "The Wrestler" so we settled for this and it turned out to not suck. :)