PDA

View Full Version : need a new cell Phone, why is it so

OUHOMER
1/31/2009, 06:39 PM
hard to get a straight answer:mad: I went on line and basically found 2 ways to buy with 2 different prices. I went to 2 AT@T stores and got several different answers to my question. very confusing for an old fart like me.

Anyway, I am thinking about the Black berry curve. All I want in a phone.
1. a phone

2. internet so I can keep up with news, sports and ebay stuff

3. calender / organizer ( I tend to forget who I let out on vacation until they dont show up for work :cool: )

I dont text, dont even know how, dont want to know how. I figure I can check yahoo email thru internet connection.
I want to keep the same plan I have and had for several years. Dont want to pay for anything extra otherwise i would get the Iphone.

Anyway any other suggestion besides the BB Curve?

:pop:

StoopTroup
1/31/2009, 06:44 PM
Learn to text.

YWIA

The IPhone sucks anyway.

Frozen Sooner
1/31/2009, 06:44 PM
You're going to have to pay for a data plan if you're not already if you get the Curve.

OUHOMER
1/31/2009, 06:51 PM
You're going to have to pay for a data plan if you're not already if you get the Curve.

So, the $10.00 a month a spend for internet on my razor is not the same thing?

StoopTroup
1/31/2009, 06:54 PM
Your first mistake was going to an AT&T Store.

Go on-line.

You'll get a better deal.

OUHOMER
1/31/2009, 07:03 PM
Your first mistake was going to an AT&T Store.

Go on-line.

You'll get a better deal.

Actually it was cheaper at SAM's than it was online...... I could get the BB for $99.00.

online was 199.00 for new , 79.99 for refurb

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

StoopTroup
1/31/2009, 07:08 PM
Then at least you didn't go to an AT&T Store.

I can't understand any of these Companies who think they can have folks like what is in these stores, represent their Company and the Public think they are getting a good deal. All of us are getting screwed.

soonerboomer93
1/31/2009, 07:09 PM
some stores will match the online deals fyi

StoopTroup
1/31/2009, 07:11 PM
When I walk into a Cell Phone Store and the first person I see is one with a clipboard who wants to take my name and put it on a list and they have the nerve to ask if they can help me....well...I'm surprised that most of them don't have an off-duty Cop on the premises.

People are tired of getting screwed.

StoopTroup
1/31/2009, 07:12 PM
some stores will match the online deals fyi

Not AT&T Stores.

StoopTroup
1/31/2009, 07:13 PM
Matter of fact...I'm paying so much for everything from them...I think they should come and blow me once a month.

OUHOMER
1/31/2009, 07:14 PM
The girl at Sams represented At&t, Sprint and Tmoble. she tried to get me to change to Sprint, I could have the BB for less than $30.00, but it would have raised my plan to $120.00 a month verse my $68.00

StoopTroup
1/31/2009, 07:17 PM
The 3G Internet pkg I have costs $30 a month BTW and includes unlimited texting

OUHOMER
1/31/2009, 07:25 PM
My bill is 68.00

here phone
Basic package $50.00
wife 200 text $4.99

my phone
add on phone $9.99
internet $10.00

plus taxes.

company discount

comes up to 68.00 every month

Crucifax Autumn
1/31/2009, 07:42 PM
AT&T sucks...The idiots on their customer service line told my wife that if she didn't like their answers to call back and get another rep, since they all handle things differently. Apparently they don't even haave policies of any kind, each person can make up anything they want.

bluedogok
1/31/2009, 08:31 PM
I went with an iPhone, I had a Blackjack for two years and was disappointed in it, I could never get the email to work right and had to use a third party package through AT&T and leave the computer logged in all the time. With the iPhone I can set up an Exchange account and multiple POP accounts with ease and the web is much better on it and it connects Wi-Fi at home and work. The iPhone and iPod are the only Apple products that I own. It may cost a little more but for me it was worth it.

Just because phones have all sorts of stuff doesn't mean that you have to use it all....and all of the PDA type phones will require a data package, the internet package on the Razr is not the same package...as I found out having a Razr prior to the Blackjack.

Okla-homey
1/31/2009, 08:35 PM
hard to get a straight answer:mad: I went on line and basically found 2 ways to buy with 2 different prices. I went to 2 AT@T stores and got several different answers to my question. very confusing for an old fart like me.

Anyway, I am thinking about the Black berry curve. All I want in a phone.
1. a phone

2. internet so I can keep up with news, sports and ebay stuff

3. calender / organizer ( I tend to forget who I let out on vacation until they dont show up for work :cool: )

I dont text, dont even know how, dont want to know how. I figure I can check yahoo email thru internet connection.
I want to keep the same plan I have and had for several years. Dont want to pay for anything extra otherwise i would get the Iphone.

Anyway any other suggestion besides the BB Curve?

I got an iPhone for Christmas and have enjoyed the heck out of it. Coolest gadget I've owned since that Mattel Intellivision I got back in 1983.

yermom
1/31/2009, 08:37 PM
buy an unlocked phone on eBay or somewhere

then you aren't locked into stupid AT&T plans where they charge you based on the phone you have :rolleyes:

i got lucky and bought an iPhone cheap and made it work on T-Mobile

i even went to talk to the AT&T guys and they kept trying to screw me, so for now i'm just staying on T-Mobile

the iPhone doesn't seem that great until you use it for a while.

StoopTroup
1/31/2009, 08:40 PM
When I found out I couldn't take a picture and send it to someone in a text on an IPhone...it was not an option.

There are somethings I do like about it...that ain't one of them.

I'm sure the next generation of phones will be even cooler....they are all just trying to screw us out of as much dough as possible until then.

OUHOMER
1/31/2009, 08:42 PM
I went with an iPhone, I had a Blackjack for two years and was disappointed in it, I could never get the email to work right and had to use a third party package through AT&T and leave the computer logged in all the time. With the iPhone I can set up an Exchange account and multiple POP accounts with ease and the web is much better on it and it connects Wi-Fi at home and work. The iPhone and iPod are the only Apple products that I own. It may cost a little more but for me it was worth it.

Just because phones have all sorts of stuff doesn't mean that you have to use it all....and all of the PDA type phones will require a data package, the internet package on the Razr is not the same package...as I found out having a Razr prior to the Blackjack.

I was afraid of that. Umm if i have to get the data package I might as well get the Iphone.

But I am a cheap, So I think I will just get a phone. I just can not justify paying an extra $35.00 a month. hell, as it is we have over 4000 roll over mins. we never go over, ever...

OUHOMER
1/31/2009, 08:45 PM
buy an unlocked phone on eBay or somewhere

then you aren't locked into stupid AT&T plans where they charge you based on the phone you have :rolleyes:

i got lucky and bought an iPhone cheap and made it work on T-Mobile

i even went to talk to the AT&T guys and they kept trying to screw me, so for now i'm just staying on T-Mobile

the iPhone doesn't seem that great until you use it for a while.

So what do you do. Take the smart card out of my razor and just put in the unlocked blackberry?

yermom
1/31/2009, 08:46 PM
When I found out I couldn't take a picture and send it to someone in a text on an IPhone...it was not an option.

There are somethings I do like about it...that ain't one of them.

I'm sure the next generation of phones will be even cooler....they are all just trying to screw us out of as much dough as possible until then.

i never did that one my other phones either

you can just email pictures with the iPhone

i'm not exactly sure why they didn't have that option or a video camera on the iPhone though

walkoffsooner
2/1/2009, 08:21 AM
rollover min. suck I only used the new ones.

yermom
2/1/2009, 01:39 PM
So what do you do. Take the smart card out of my razor and just put in the unlocked blackberry?

yeah, but with a Blackberry you do still need a data plan to do the cool stuff

OUDoc
2/2/2009, 09:50 AM
FYI-I bought a Samsung Eternity 2 weeks ago and love the thing.

http://www.techgadgets.in/images/samsung-eternity-mobile-phone.jpg