PDA

View Full Version : Shops like a girl, but eeek tries on store clothes naked

Chuck Bao
1/31/2009, 05:19 PM
This post is pretty ugly and I don't see any way around that. Maybe Nope will forgive me, someday. Maybe someone else will explain it to me or give a better example of girl shopping or why anyone would try on blue jeans without underwear.

Nope and I went shopping today.

I hadn't noticed before, but Nope shops like a girl. He has that muscleman swagger in the way he walks but shops around like a girl.

I typically go into a large department store with an agenda and a list, at least a mental list, I go to the area I want, buy the things I need and job done. Go home.

We were like walking up and down every aisle of a very large department store for a long time and I’m thinking what the hell ya doing? He stops and asks directions three times. Why do we need to ask directions? My mental just snapses.

Seriously, that would be fine and good, but Nope only buys Wrangler brand and there was a pretty big Wrangler sign in the department store because it is a popular brand for blue jeans.

Nope buys four Wrangler jeans. I think they are pretty cool, button-up jeans. I remember when button- up Levis used to be the height of cool.

Nope has to try on each of them. That is probably prudent because he could have lost weight since the last one.

He buys five Wrangler t-shirts and a Wrangler belt. He says he likes Wrangler and I respond that Wrangler must love him back.

On a side note, as the department store is taking an hour and a half in hemming his newly-purchased blue jeans, we cool our heels at Starbucks. The place is totally packed out despite selling me a pretty insipid Venti lemon iced tea at four dollars. I could get iced lemon tea for 5 cents outside the department store.

Nope is more difficult to please. He is on the second of three consecutive Saturdays as a strict vegetarian, including no dairy.

I’m trying to figure this out and it is something to do with his (our) ghost child, Ming Kwan. Apparently, Ming Kwan is wanting to go somewhere, sometime in the future and it involves some self sacrifice. I’m hoping that Ming Kwan will appreciate this and is giving up his standard chocolate fare because of the dairy content.

After a long discussion with the Starbucks fancy name coffee servers, Nope decides on a mango lemon slush.

We eventually get the hemmed jeans after Nope gets another tour of all of the Wrangler merchandise. The sales ladies are pretty good. .

The thing that freaks me out is that after returning home, Nope changed into his new clothes and I realize that he isn’t sporting any underwear.

But, I’m mostly angry with him that he wore his new Wrangler button-up jeans sans underwear and new red Wrangler t-shirt to go to an anti-government rally and didn’t take me after all that girly shopping expedition.

royalfan5
1/31/2009, 05:28 PM
The only thought I have on this is I'm assuming Nope never wear underwear, and wanted to make sure the feel was the same when trying them on. Also, is Wrangler different overseas or are walking about cowboy cut wranglers that are big in Cattle Country?

Chuck Bao
1/31/2009, 05:35 PM
I think the Wrangler brand is the same as Cattle Country. All my jeans are Wrangler from the US.

As far as the feel is the same, I refuse to go there.

royalfan5
1/31/2009, 05:39 PM
I think the Wrangler brand is the same as Cattle Country. All my jeans are Wrangler from the US.

As far as the feel is the same, I refuse to go there.

So super-tight boot cut jeans that run about 25 bucks here are big in Thailand? Does everyone buy Justin Boots too? What about pearl snap shirts? Are those big there too? This possibility intrigues me.

Chuck Bao
1/31/2009, 05:53 PM
So super-tight boot cut jeans that run about 25 bucks here are big in Thailand? Does everyone buy Justin Boots too? What about pearl snap shirts? Are those big there too? This possibility intrigues me.

No, I'm guessing that Wrangler blue jeans are popular because they ARE the cowboy jeans. There isn't a reason to buy the rest of the get-up. Like Nope, they buy the Wrangler t-shirts, maybe a way-overpriced Wrangler belt (probably only Nope because the sales girls did their job on him) and Nke tennis shoes.

Chuck Bao
1/31/2009, 05:57 PM
By the way, the Wrangler jeans cost about $40 dollars at Central Department Store. I'm not sure where they were made. Where are the $25 dollars ones sold in the US made?

royalfan5
1/31/2009, 05:59 PM
By the way, the Wrangler jeans cost about $40 dollars at Central Department Store. I'm not sure where they were made. Where are the $25 dollars ones sold in the US made?

In a factory.

Chuck Bao
1/31/2009, 06:03 PM
sweatshop?

royalfan5
1/31/2009, 06:04 PM
sweatshop?

Depends on their HVAC.

Chuck Bao
1/31/2009, 06:25 PM
And underwear policy?

royalfan5
1/31/2009, 06:29 PM
And underwear policy?
that too.

StoopTroup
1/31/2009, 06:51 PM
I'd like to hear Dean's take on all of this.

bluedogok
1/31/2009, 08:44 PM
Wrangler has another line called 5 Star denim that is in Target and Wal-Mart stores, that is what I usually wear and it is about 16.00 at Target. The 13MWZ Cowboy Cut stuff is usually only at places like Shepler's, Cavenders and Langston's and is around 30-35.00. Most Wranglers are made in Mexico now, VF closed the plants in Seminole and Ada in 2003 and Coalgate, Okemah and Prague before that. They pretty much closed all their US plants and moved them to Mexico.

Flagstaffsooner
1/31/2009, 09:39 PM
I'd like to hear Dean's take on all of this.Queer as a 3 dollar bill.

KABOOKIE
1/31/2009, 09:48 PM
Queer as a 3 dollar bill.

I think they actually have those in Thailand.

Harry Beanbag
1/31/2009, 11:14 PM
Family board.

Chuck Bao
1/31/2009, 11:25 PM
I'm not getting what a family board has to do with it. But, okay. Fine, delete the thread. It was only meant as a bit of levity and shopping extravaganza amongst the doom and gloom economic / political threads.

Besides there was no drunky town threads. Where is Olevet?

Veritas
2/1/2009, 12:41 PM
Family board.
Eh? It's not like the conversation was about the generation of santorum.

StoopTroup
2/1/2009, 12:47 PM
Family board.

I'll be back later....I'm gonna go take my Family clothes shopping. We're leaving our underwear at home. :rolleyes:

Penguin
2/1/2009, 12:55 PM
I wear underwear just in case I drop a brick. At least there's a chance my underwear will snag it before it rolls out my pant leg.

I mean, it's just common sense.

LilSooner
2/1/2009, 01:17 PM
Family board.
:rolleyes:

Harry Beanbag
2/1/2009, 01:43 PM

Wow, that really is fun.

StoopTroup
2/1/2009, 02:29 PM
Heh.:rolleyes:

StoopTroup
2/1/2009, 02:31 PM
I remember all the really nice gheytor families we had on here.

They were really nice...some of them wore underwear on their heads I bet.

Harry Beanbag
2/1/2009, 02:55 PM
I remember all the really nice gheytor families we had on here.

They were really nice...some of them wore underwear on their heads I bet.

Dirty underwear I'll bet.

StoopTroup
2/1/2009, 03:27 PM
Definitely dirty.

LosAngelesSooner
2/1/2009, 03:35 PM
Family board.
*ahem*

"Hairy Bean bag"

;)

Harry Beanbag
2/2/2009, 12:37 AM
*ahem*

"Hairy Bean bag"

;)

Obviously, my comment went over everybody's head, not just your's. But I'm glad you have a hard on for my username that is nine years old now. Would you like it better if I changed it? I know how much it truly offends you.

;)

LosAngelesSooner
2/2/2009, 04:09 AM
Obviously, my comment went over everybody's head, not just your's. But I'm glad you have a hard on for my username that is nine years old now. Would you like it better if I changed it? I know how much it truly offends you.

Talk about "going over somebody's head."

Crawl down from the cross, Jesus. It was a joke.

Harry Beanbag
2/2/2009, 07:17 AM

Talk about "going over somebody's head."

Crawl down from the cross, Jesus. It was a joke.

It's one of your favorites, since you've made it many times. Either you really need to get some new material or it really does bother you. Which is it?

Harry Beanbag
2/2/2009, 07:19 AM

I love this thing!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: