PDA

View Full Version : My OSU friend passes away

SOONER STEAKER
1/30/2009, 06:00 PM
I am an avid OU fan, but my friend was an avid OSU fan. His house was decorated in orange/black. His garage door was orange/black. All his yard tools were orange/black. Heck, over the garage door was a sign that read, 'BEAT OU' In his back yard he had a plaques for every OSU bowl appearance, each plaque had the opponents, the scores and the teams final records.

Bob was in his 80's, he ate breakfast at Braum's everyday, he'd read the paper from end to end and talk sports with anyone who wanted to talk sports.

Bob Burrows was a great man and I know I will miss talking OU-OSU with you and I know sports fans will miss you as well.

Rest in Peace Bob

85Sooner
1/30/2009, 06:05 PM
Sorry for your loss.

TUSooner
1/30/2009, 06:08 PM
I am an avid OU fan, but my friend was an avid OSU fan. His house was decorated in orange/black. His garage door was orange/black. All his yard tools were orange/black. Heck, over the garage door was a sign that read, 'BEAT OU' In his back yard he had a plaques for every OSU bowl appearance, each plaque had the opponents, the scores and the teams final records.

Bob was in his 80's, he ate breakfast at Braum's everyday, he'd read the paper from end to end and talk sports with anyone who wanted to talk sports.

Bob Burrows was a great man and I know I will miss talking OU-OSU with you and I know sports fans will miss you as well.

Rest in Peace Bob

Sounds like Bob had good friend, too.

OUHOMER
1/30/2009, 06:43 PM
Sad, deal, sorry to hear that

Mixer!
1/30/2009, 06:52 PM
Sorry for your loss, Steaker.

Whet
1/30/2009, 07:14 PM
Sorry to hear.

tommieharris91
1/30/2009, 07:57 PM
Condolences.

You should post this on an OSU board as well.

1/30/2009, 08:07 PM
As they say where i live now, "here" answering for him during Aggie muster's roll call.

We're all friends and sports are but a past time. God bless and keep him. Sounds like a good friend and neighbor.

Newbomb Turk
1/30/2009, 08:20 PM
sorry to hear that.

RIP Bob.

StoopTroup
1/30/2009, 08:30 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss Steaker...

I hope you slipped something Sooner in his Casket for him to remember you by. :D ;)

SOONER STEAKER
1/30/2009, 10:02 PM
A couple of my OSU friends told me tonight that Bob was OSU's version of Cecil Semera. His van had OSU stickers on the doors and Pistol Pete on the front and back.

Something else that was funny, on his personel checks, it also said 'BEAT OU'.

Thanks for all your postings!!

King Crimson
1/30/2009, 10:13 PM
what TUSooner said and best to you and Bob.

bluedogok
1/30/2009, 10:57 PM
A couple of my OSU friends told me tonight that Bob was OSU's version of Cecil Semera. His van had OSU stickers on the doors and Pistol Pete on the front and back.

Something else that was funny, on his personel checks, it also said 'BEAT OU'.

Thanks for all your postings!!
Did he live in the Mayfair area? There was someone in my old neighborhood there who had a white van with OSU stuff all over it.

Sorry for your loss....

SOONER STEAKER
1/30/2009, 11:06 PM
Yes, he was a Mayfair Heights Chipmunk. Seems like that school closed many moons ago but he had t-shirts that looked brand new.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/31/2009, 05:27 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss Steaker...

I hope you slipped something Sooner in his Casket for him to remember you by. :D ;)I'll echo this one!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/31/2009, 05:30 PM
Yes, he was a Mayfair Heights Chipmunk. Seems like that school closed many moons ago but he had t-shirts that looked brand new.I think the Christ the King Knights baseball squad I was on used to regularly play the Mayfair Chipmunks. (I didn't eeven know about aggy in those days)

I Am Right
2/1/2009, 08:28 PM
Sorry.

OU4LIFE
2/4/2009, 08:38 AM
We're all friends

You obviously don't live near Stillwater. We aren't all friends.

Condolences for the loss of your friend Steak...