PDA

View Full Version : 5 Reasons Why the Pittsburgh Steelers win and cover

JLEW1818
1/30/2009, 05:00 PM
1) Defense wins championships??? This seems to be the case a lot of times, however this Pitt D is more than just a good defense. Look what the Giants did to the best Offense is NFL history, last year.

2) The layoff. Not as bad as the BCS layoff in college football, but still 2 weeks totally kills this Arizona Cardinals momentum. They are a very hot team, very. I might have liked their chances if they played the superbowl last Sunday. Sure the Cardinals have been playing great the last 4 weeks, but guess what? The Steelers have been playing great the past 4 months.

3) PRESSURE ON KURT. He will constantly be hit after and eventually before every pass.

4) I like the Steelers offense, everybody is saying they don't have any offense?? Just wait and see what Parker does to this cards D. Special teams will also favor the Steelers. Larry Fitzgerald is a great player, but WR don't win superbowls, quarterbacks do. Fitzgerald will be held under 100 Receiving yards.

5) And finally, BIG Ben Roethlisberger, he will have lots of time to throw. The Steelers will jump to an early lead in this game and eventually wear down this Cardinals defense. The guy is just a great winner. The Cardinals will give up, because the wont be able to score touchdowns.

Final Score

Pittsburgh 31
Arizona......13

Take heads on the coin flip.

Kurt will throw 3 picks this game.

JohnnyMack
1/30/2009, 05:22 PM
Pittsburgh's D vs. Joe Flacco at home, at night in a snowstorm is one thing.

Pittsburgh's D vs. Kurt Warner at a neutral site in good weather is another.

TUSooner
1/30/2009, 05:40 PM

Agreed. And I don't see Big Ben NOT getting sacked - the fleepin Heisman Trophy statue gets rid of the ball quicker than he does.

But I do think Pittsburgh's D will make the diff. And Ben makes plays, even after being sacked 37 times per game.

I'll still be pulling and hoping for Kurt and the Redbirds to win, though.

Spray
1/30/2009, 05:53 PM
Pittsburgh's D has been outstanding since August- they haven't given up 300 yds passing to anyone all year. Not P. Manning, not E. Manning, not Rivers (twice), not Romo, not McNabb, not Cassel.

It will be interesting to see what Kaptain Kurt can do. They are hot, no doubt, but Philly's blitz schemes really stunted them in the second half last week. If Pittsburgh can replicate that pressure from the start, it could be over early.

JLEW1818
1/30/2009, 06:42 PM
Arizona has 7 losses for a reason. just saying

SteelCitySooner
1/30/2009, 06:49 PM

What like the crows can't play in bad weather? ;)

Aries
1/30/2009, 10:28 PM
3) PRESSURE ON KURT. He will constantly be hit after and eventually before every pass.

I'm not sure you're very familiar with Kurt Warner. He loves pressure... thrives on it... eats it for breakfast. If you come after him, you'd better get there early because he has a quicker release than possibly any QB in the NFL right now. And you'd BETTER not blitz. He LOVES that.

And he doesn't mind getting hit. As long as he doesn't have a concussion or broken fingers, he'll be fine.

And he will not throw three interceptions... now he may FUMBLE three times...

Having said all that... you're probably right. Pittsburg... but not by 14. Every Super Bowl Kurt Warner has ever played in has come down to the last play of the game.

JLEW1818
1/31/2009, 02:12 AM
yah and that was years ago

SoonerStormchaser
1/31/2009, 05:38 PM
While I can't help but cheer for Pitt...I hope somehow that Leinart gets in the game for AZ and promptly gets the **** kicked outta him!

StoopTroup
1/31/2009, 05:51 PM
While I can't help but cheer for Pitt...I hope somehow that Leinart gets in the game for AZ and promptly gets the **** kicked outta him!

Hater.