PDA

View Full Version : OU's 2009 OOC schedule looks better . . .

Jacie
1/30/2009, 03:32 PM
. . . than saxet's.

Oklahoma
opponent & (2008 record)
BYU (10-3)
Idaho St. (1-11)
Tulsa (11-3)
Miami, FL (7-6)

saxet
LA-Monroe (4-8)
Wyoming (4-8)
UCF (4-8)
UTEP (5-7)

The knock against OU's OOC opponents is the game vs. a non-BCS school, Idaho State. Throw them out, however, and the Sooner's three other opponents still won more games in 2008 than the whorns four.

Yup, whorn fans, take a long look. The same thing that tripped your team up in the polls last year, inferior OOC games, looms again (in the unlikely event OUr teams are tied).

Mack? Mack Brown? Are you listening? Got a clue, yet?

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
1/30/2009, 03:37 PM
They're working on an Amendment to cover their week schedule. That should take care of the problem.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
1/30/2009, 04:34 PM
I read where they were trying to drop UCF and schedule a home and home with Wisconsin, but couldn't agree on a return date to Madison, so it was dropped. Apparently they didn't want to play the Badgers too tough. Oh, and my other question. Is it weird that the UT-Wyoming game is in Wyoming? Random.

fadada1
1/30/2009, 05:49 PM
Oh, and my other question. Is it weird that the UT-Wyoming game is in Wyoming? Random.

maybe the horns are getting a big fat paycheck for playing an away game at a superior opponent - kinda like idaho state playing us.

trwxxa
1/30/2009, 08:35 PM
maybe the horns are getting a big fat paycheck for playing an away game at a superior opponent - kinda like idaho state playing us.

A&M played at Wyoming a few years ago. We all know the mission of the whorns is to keep up with the aggies. ;)

yermom
1/30/2009, 09:11 PM
Wyoming isn't really an easy place to play, either

and UCF gave them all they wanted a couple years ago...

AlbqSooner
1/30/2009, 10:28 PM
Many of the "lesser" schools but not bottom feeder types will try to schedule a top level team on a 2 for 1 home basis for less money. It gets them 2 paychecks not quite as fat and a home game with a big time school.

RedstickSooner
1/31/2009, 01:58 AM
They're working on an Amendment to cover their week schedule. That should take care of the problem.

Homophone.

Sooner70
1/31/2009, 08:44 AM
I heard Mack is already lobbying the BCS software to give "grace points" to Texas offset the OOC 17-31 record, such that Texas gets merits for scheduling underpriviliged programs & helping lift them up/increase attendance by gracing them with Texas. After all, just the presence of Texas should be worth something, shouldn't it? Entitlement.

MI Sooner
1/31/2009, 01:02 PM
Maybe there was no way around it, but I see scheduleing Idaho St. as a huge mistake. It's my impression that the computers tend to rank schedule strength based on the average quality of all your opponents. For a top-5 team, there isn't much difference (chance of losing) between a 6-6 Sun Belt team and a 1-11 FPS team.

But when it comes to strength of schedule, the 1-11 team kills you. That's why our non-conference shedule was barely better than UT's last year. We played two good and two horrible teams. They played 4 meh's. UT had about zero chance of losing any of their games, while TCU and Cinci were both capable of upsetting top-5 teams. But when averaged with UT-Chat and UW, it looked like we played four 7-6 teams.

Last, a scheduling question for the fans:

I've only attended one home game since I graduated 7 years ago (moved cross-country). I get the most pleasure out of staying in the national championship hunt as long as possible, even if that means playing a bunch of crappy teams on the way to a 11-1 or 12-0 record. But if I were still a seaon-ticket holder, I think I'd rather schedule like USC and play all our OOC games against "name" programs. I'd resent paying $80+ for UT-Chat tickets. Do season ticket holders feel the same way?

OUTrumpet
1/31/2009, 01:34 PM
Being in the Dallas area, I can say that I really love what the athletic department is doing with a possible 3 OU games here.

More than likely won't travel to Norman for Idaho State though. I mean seriously, we couldn't find a better FCS team than potato aggy?

fadada1
1/31/2009, 04:27 PM
Wyoming isn't really an easy place to play, either

and UCF gave them all they wanted a couple years ago...

probably because you have to have a time machine to get to wyoming. when football teams come to play, it quadruples the population of the state.

JLEW1818
1/31/2009, 06:00 PM
I'm guessing the Idaho state will be PPV only

oubose
2/1/2009, 08:19 PM
Lets skip all the bull sh*t and get to the game that counts, the force feeding of mac brown and mccoy. Down with texas!!!!

texas sucks!!!!!!!!!!

TheHumanAlphabet
2/2/2009, 09:30 AM
Why Potato Aggie? Are they a late fill-in? I mean, not like we get a lot of recruits from Boise State / Gonzaga territory...