PDA

View Full Version : New Commit: Tavaris Jeffries

Cappy
1/30/2009, 02:58 PM
JUCO lineman.

I'm sure Rhino will have more info later. ;)

Frozen Sooner
1/30/2009, 05:52 PM
He's a big sumbitch. I tell you what.

320 lbs.

jdsooner
1/31/2009, 12:20 AM
Offensive tackle at a Mississippi community college commits to the University of Oklahoma Sooners
By Jake Trotter - Staff Writer
Published: January 30, 2009 Buzz up!

Tavaris Jeffries, an offensive tackle out of Coahoma (Miss.) Community College, has committed to Oklahoma, the Clarksdale Press Register reported Friday.

Jeffries, 6-foot-4, 330 pounds, chose the Sooners over Marshall, Kansas, Ball State, South Florida, Florida International and Texas Tech

“I’m excited about it,” Jeffries told the Register. “Oklahoma has such a rich tradition and I know a lot is going to be expected of me but I’m looking forward to it. I know they can get almost anyone that they want and I feel honored that they think that much of me to want me to come there.

“I don’t mind the competition. I love competition. In my mind, I think that I’m the best left tackle out there. Now, I have to go out there and show them that I am.”

MALE918
1/31/2009, 01:16 AM
Offensive tackle at a Mississippi community college commits to the University of Oklahoma Sooners
By Jake Trotter - Staff Writer
Published: January 30, 2009 Buzz up!

Tavaris Jeffries, an offensive tackle out of Coahoma (Miss.) Community College, has committed to Oklahoma, the Clarksdale Press Register reported Friday.

Jeffries, 6-foot-4, 330 pounds, chose the Sooners over Marshall, Kansas, Ball State, South Florida, Florida International and Texas Tech

“I’m excited about it,” Jeffries told the Register. “Oklahoma has such a rich tradition and I know a lot is going to be expected of me but I’m looking forward to it. I know they can get almost anyone that they want and I feel honored that they think that much of me to want me to come there.

“I don’t mind the competition. I love competition. In my mind, I think that I’m the best left tackle out there. Now, I have to go out there and show them that I am.”

I really like that attitude!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/31/2009, 01:16 AM
WTF! Rivals has Tavaris as a 2 star, and Scout has him as a 1 star!

sooner518
1/31/2009, 12:03 PM
WTF! Rivals has Tavaris as a 2 star, and Scout has him as a 1 star!

gawd he must really suck!:rolleyes:

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/31/2009, 12:34 PM
gawd he must really suck!:rolleyes:Well, what do you think is the truth? I'm not claiming to know anything about him, or the low ratings from the 2 rating services.

PDXsooner
1/31/2009, 12:45 PM
I know nothing about ranking services. But I'd venture to say if there is one position that would be harder to scout than any, it would be O-Lineman.

How many great O-lineman are there getting after it in small towns across the USA, tearing it up under the moonlight in some tiny town with the shadows of the Rocky Mountains in the background and not a D-1 recruiter to be seen? Probably a lot.

Curly Bill
1/31/2009, 12:50 PM
Honestly, if a kid can tear it up they will be found by someone. That's not to say that you might not hit or miss on a kid, bypassing a Welker lets say, or a kid might be a late developer like a Clayton, but there are not great numbers of linemen stalking the prairies who could be stars at the college level if only someone gave them a chance.

BoomerJ
1/31/2009, 12:53 PM
There's no Rocky Mountains in Mississippi.

Rhino
1/31/2009, 12:56 PM
He's a JUCO, so no one really knows how good he is or isn't.

But he's certainly big enough and can redshirt in 2009 to work in the weight room and learn his position. Worth taking a shot, if nothing else to add depth on the o-line.

Frozen Sooner
1/31/2009, 12:57 PM
Well, crap Oregon. He showed you. Must not be any good players there either.

PDXsooner
1/31/2009, 01:03 PM
ha ha -- you get my point (hopefully)

BoomerJ
1/31/2009, 09:20 PM
Yes, I was kidding.