PDA

View Full Version : A Lube Job

SicEmBaylor
1/30/2009, 03:17 AM
How much does Wal-Mart charge for the most basic of oil changes?

olevetonahill
1/30/2009, 05:53 AM
Are you shating Me ?
5 Qts of oil @2bucks is =10 bucks
Oil filter (best) 5 bucks
Change the stuff yerself :rolleyes:

SicEmBaylor
1/30/2009, 05:57 AM
Change the stuff yerself :rolleyes:
Now you're ****ting with me.

The best I can tell, it's $30.00. Plus an extra 5 for a so-called "chasis lubrication" whatever the hell that is.

OUHOMER
1/30/2009, 06:00 AM
Go to jiffy lube or any other oil place if you are not going to do it yourself. Walmart only hire folks who dont know ****..

DO NOT LET THEM TOUCH YOUR CAR

SicEmBaylor
1/30/2009, 06:04 AM
Go to jiffy lube or any other oil place if you are not going to do it yourself. Walmart only hire folks who dont know ****..

DO NOT LET THEM TOUCH YOUR CAR
It's way the hell on the other side of Waco and well out of my way whereas Wal-Mart is literally 3 minutes away. However, if they're really that ****ty then I'll drive over there.

SicEmBaylor
1/30/2009, 06:07 AM
There's a Kwik Kar lube joint much closer, are they any good?

olevetonahill
1/30/2009, 06:36 AM
What Homer said
Only let wallyworld **** with yer oil and**** if you NEED a New engine:rolleyes:

AlbqSooner
1/30/2009, 07:31 AM
At Jiffy Lube and other such places, before you go practice your mantra: "I need an oil change and lube"

They will tell you all kinds of things you "need", but just keep repeating your mantra and they will eventually give up. They do a good job on oil changes but not so much on anything else.

King Crimson
1/30/2009, 08:33 AM
change your own oil and filter. good lord.

SteelClip49
1/30/2009, 09:17 AM
Why was I thinking this was about something else considering it was started by you ole Frosty? Oh, and Big O Tires is a good place.

Mixer!
1/30/2009, 09:51 AM
Considering it's the Sicem-mobile, there's probably a half dozen things that have to be loosened/removed in order to get to the oil filter. :pop:

SoonerJack
1/30/2009, 10:01 AM
I can vouch for Wally marts shoddy labor on oil changes. When I used to drive a truck I had my oil changed there once and I checked it when I got home. Wasn't even registering on the dipstick. My truck used around 6 or 7 quarts and they had put in the usual 4 as if it were a car. They didn't even bother to check specs. This was on a 4x4 F-150, one of the most popular vehicles out there.

Hot Rod
1/30/2009, 10:04 AM
A few years back I got wise and stopped using Walmart. I did use to change my own oil, but the convienience was nice. Their whole thing of checking all the fluids was crap, because I hadn't had transmission fluid in awhile and it was messing up the truck. I learned my lesson and now use a lube place where I actually know the owner and they take care of my new truck.

TheHumanAlphabet
1/30/2009, 10:11 AM
Advice,

Do not go to the Wal-marts for auto service if you value the car or need it working...Too many hourly wage numnuts leave out the oil, forget to replace the filter or replace the cap, etc...Same goes about the oil change companies. I always double check before I leave the lot after a service like that.

frankensooner
1/30/2009, 10:40 AM
Yep, my folk's best friend's car got ruined when the idjit at wallyworld forgot to replace the drain plug.

Crucifax Autumn
1/30/2009, 11:07 AM
Sorry...Wrong thread. I was looking for pron!

C&CDean
1/30/2009, 11:35 AM
Those lubejob places ain't any better than walmart. They all hire pothead kids willing to work for $6 an hour and who've never held a wrench in their hand before being hired there.

Yes Sicem, even you could change your own oil. Can you wipe your own ***? Can you shake the dew off your lily-white lily after you pee? Can you stick a key into a lock and unlock a door? If you can do all of these things, you can change your own oil. It. Ain't. Hard.

Of course driving a fagmobile that's only 3" off the ground makes it a little more difficult. Also, if this is the first time you're getting the oil changed in that POS I'm thinking it won't be long for this world.

1890MilesToNorman
1/30/2009, 11:52 AM
Wherever you have it done request the Wanker Filter and Gummy Oil (light weight NIT), two great automotive brands.

C&CDean
1/30/2009, 12:10 PM
And be sure to tell them you need some free-wheel clutch grease, and to also check the T.R. Double E.

Whet
1/30/2009, 12:33 PM
Don't forget the ewe joint - they should check it too!

frankensooner
1/30/2009, 04:35 PM
Make sure they check the blinker fluid, you never want that to get low.

soonerboomer93
1/30/2009, 04:46 PM
$5 from a desperate methed up hooker

OUMallen
1/30/2009, 06:03 PM
Sorry you asked yet, Sic?

SicEmBaylor
1/30/2009, 06:38 PM
Sorry you asked yet, Sic?

I was sorry before I asked.

StoopTroup
1/30/2009, 08:17 PM
A few years back I got wise and stopped using Walmart. I did use to change my own oil, but the convienience was nice. Their whole thing of checking all the fluids was crap, because I hadn't had transmission fluid in awhile and it was messing up the truck. I learned my lesson and now use a lube place where I actually know the owner and they take care of my new truck.

Could you repeat that in ENGRISH.

TIA

ST

StoopTroup
1/30/2009, 08:25 PM
Three things to do if your going to have someone change your oil on your car...

1) Stand right behind them and ask questions when you have one.

2) Have the guy show you the final amount of oil on the dipstick

3) After the oil change...stop after about two blocks, open your hood and look down near the filter to see if there is oil squirting out everywhere. If there is...turn your vehicle off. Call the place that just did your oil change and ask them to have your car towed in. If they don't...leave your car right there and call an attorney.

If any of you think one of these oil change places...especially Wally World is just going to buy you a new engine when they screw up....go right on ahead thinking that little dream.

The rest of you who have a good mechanic that you can trust and don't mind paying a little more for quality work...good choice.

Those of you who do it yourself...even more the better.

Newbomb Turk
1/30/2009, 08:30 PM
There's a Kwik Kar lube joint much closer, are they any good?

I've had good luck with them here in OKC. They have always done a good job and don't push the extra crap.