PDA

View Full Version : What a courageous Arab? woman!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/30/2009, 12:23 AM
Broadcast on tv in the Middle EAst, watch it before it's pulled: http://switch3.castup.net/cunet/gm.asp?ai=214&ar=1050wmv&ak

Soonerus
1/30/2009, 12:27 AM
seems very good...but too long...

1/30/2009, 01:43 AM
seems very good...but too long...20 seconds too long? a minute too long?

OUHOMER
1/30/2009, 05:45 AM
Very brave of her.

olevetonahill
1/30/2009, 06:12 AM
While I agree with her . Why should I hurry up and watch ?
Its been up for 3 years ?:confused:

TUSooner
1/30/2009, 08:23 AM
Voice, meet Wilderness.

Soonerus
1/30/2009, 08:34 AM
I stopped after like 2 minutes....

King Crimson
1/30/2009, 08:39 AM
you can tell how enthusiastic RLC is for women's freedoms by his sig line.

yermom
1/30/2009, 09:26 AM
Its been up for 3 years ?:confused:

yeah, she's probably way dead by now :eek:

1/30/2009, 10:44 AM
you can tell how enthusiastic RLC is for women's freedoms by his sig line.Haha, you're a beaut!

1/30/2009, 10:46 AM
Its been up for 3 years ?:confused:Has it been on Soonerfans before?(I saw it for the first time yesterday)

swardboy
1/30/2009, 01:31 PM
I've never seen it. Wow, what a conversation. Yeah, she might as well talk to a wall as to that cleric, but maybe a ray or two of light made it out of the studio. We can only hope....

yermom
1/30/2009, 02:35 PM
you guys seem to be pretty impressed with an atheist's ideas...

an Arab woman atheist at that ;)

1/30/2009, 03:51 PM

an Arab woman atheist at that ;)And you're not?

yermom
1/30/2009, 04:03 PM
if an atheist feminist was railing on Christian intolerance what would the response be like?

WILBURJIM
1/30/2009, 04:06 PM

an Arab woman atheist at that ;)

Her POV, her voice, is that of an infidel, a group with varying beliefs.

She watch one of her college professors in Syria get gunned down by the Muslim Brotherhood and turned apostate. Now lives in LA.

1/30/2009, 04:15 PM
if an atheist feminist was railing on Christian intolerance what would the response be like?Are you comparing Muslim terrorism to some Christian's objections to whatever...again? IT DON'T FLY!(and you basically know that)

yermom
1/30/2009, 04:24 PM
not exactly, but what she's saying is that the Jews grew up and realized that stoning people for eating shellfish or whatever wasn't kosher anymore, no matter what some 2000+ year old book says.

for a society to grow up it needs to temper some of that supernatural belief with some reality

yermom
1/30/2009, 04:28 PM
Her POV, her voice, is that of an infidel, a group with varying beliefs.

She watch one of her college professors in Syria get gunned down by the Muslim Brotherhood and turned apostate. Now lives in LA.

the nature of my comment was not an attack on her character at all. i totally admire her bravery in saying what she did, where she did

i was kinda curious to know who she was (what is her name?)

i do think she might have given a little more credit to non-muslim religions though. i'm thinking the Jews have killed quite a few people in the last few days, and not in nice ways, if reports are correct

OUMallen
1/30/2009, 06:22 PM
if an atheist feminist was railing on Christian intolerance what would the response be like?

If Christians advocated what extremist Muslims do, I'd have the same reaction: 100% agreeance.

yermom
1/30/2009, 07:38 PM
there are just less of them now...

but the same manipulative principles still apply, they might be less overt and violent, but still there

KC//CRIMSON
1/30/2009, 07:41 PM
We landed on the moon!

1/30/2009, 08:41 PM
there are just less of them now...

but the same manipulative principles still apply, they might be less overt and violent, but still thereThere's violence vs non-violence. You SHOULD be able to see that as a HUGE difference. BTW, how the heck did this thread evolve into such a silly discussion?

StoopTroup
1/30/2009, 09:24 PM
There's always hope for the Atheist...

If your Muslim...your screwed. :D

StoopTroup
1/30/2009, 09:25 PM
Also...would we really have a problem if every Muslim did what they were told and tomorrow...they go out and blow themselves up.

I'm thinking one bad day for us...might clear up a lot of problems.

yermom
1/30/2009, 09:34 PM
There's violence vs non-violence. You SHOULD be able to see that as a HUGE difference. BTW, how the heck did this thread evolve into such a silly discussion?

just thought it was funny that you liked this little god hater

StoopTroup
1/30/2009, 09:40 PM
Did she say she hated God or that she preferred to be Switzerland?

If I was going up against those idjets...I think I might go with neutrality as to avoid any lopsidedness. I think you'd get further in debating them that way. Doing so might make you a good debater rather than a God-hater. Also...it seemed she was on the side of talk it through...instead of pull the plug on the one you disagree with. I think Jesus might have a little something for someone like that.

StoopTroup
1/30/2009, 09:45 PM
Also...

Samuel Huntington was born on April 18, 1927, in New York City and died on Christmas Eve of 2008. He graduated with distinction from Yale University at age 18, served in the U.S. Army, earned his Master's degree from the University of Chicago, and completed his Ph.D. at Harvard University where he began teaching at age 23. He was a member of Harvard's department of government from 1950 until his death.From 1959 to 1962 he was an associate professor of government at Columbia University where he was also Deputy Director of The Institute for War and Peace Studies.

The Clash....

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/c/ca/Civilizations_map.png/800px-Civilizations_map.png

yermom
1/30/2009, 09:49 PM
Did she say she hated God or that she preferred to be Switzerland?

If I was going up against those idjets...I think I might go with neutrality as to avoid any lopsidedness. I think you'd get further in debating them that way. Doing so might make you a good debater rather than a God-hater. Also...it seemed she was on the side of talk it through...instead of pull the plug on the one you disagree with. I think Jesus might have a little something for someone like that.

that's just what Dean likes to call us atheists :D (you'd have to believe in God to hate him, right?)

StoopTroup
1/30/2009, 09:54 PM
Takfir...

Stuff like this really helps me when I'm deciding to remain a Christian.

Takfir...
In Islamic law, takfir or takfeer (تكفير) is the practice of declaring unbeliever or kafir (pl. kuffār), an individual or a group previously considered Muslim. The act which precipitates takfir is termed the mukaffir.

Conditions

This declaration may be made if the alleged Muslim in question declares himself a kafir, but more typically applies to a judgement that an action or statement by the alleged Muslim indicates his knowing abandonment of Islam. The sentence for apostasy (irtidad), under Sharia law as traditionally interpreted, is execution, alternate amputation, expulsion.

For this reason, orthodox Islamic law normally requires extremely stringent evidence for such accusations, in many cases, requiring an Islamic court or a religious leader, an alim, to pronounce a fatwa (legal judgement) of takfir on an individual or group.

What constitutes sufficient justification for takfir is disputed between different schools of religious thought. The orthodox Sunni position is that sins do not in general prove that someone is not a Muslim, but that denials of fundamental religious principles do; thus a murderer, for instance, may still be a Muslim, but someone who denies that murder is a sin must be a kafir, as long as he is aware that murder is a sin in Islam.

An extreme case is exemplified by the early Kharijites, some of whom concluded that any Muslim who sinned ceased to be a Muslim, while others concluded that any major sin could cause that. The opposite extreme was taken by the Murjites, who argued that anyone who called themselves Muslim should be considered Muslim.

The Mu'tazilites (followed by the Zaydis) advocated what they saw as a middle way, whereby grave sinners were categorized neither as believers nor as kafirs.

Some Muslims consider Takfir (declaring someone a Kafir) to be a prerogative only of either the Prophet -- who does that through Divine revelation -- or that State which represents the collectivity of the Ummah (the whole Muslim community).

Extremist movements that have been ready to practice takfir - the earliest medieval Kharijites and modern groups such as Takfir wal-Hijra and the GIA, who regard virtually all self-styled Muslims as kafirs whose blood may legitimately be shed - have been condemned by more mainstream Muslims.

King Crimson
1/30/2009, 10:01 PM
BTW, how the heck did this thread evolve into such a silly discussion?

is this one of them there rhetorical questions....? ;)

:texan:

StoopTroup
1/30/2009, 10:04 PM
Her point is really made IMO when she says:

All the useful Scientific Books that you have today are theirs, the fruit of their free and creative thinking. What gives you the right to call them "Those who incur Allah's Wrath" or those who have gone astray and then come here and say that your religion commands you to refrain from offending the beliefs of others?

StoopTroup
1/30/2009, 10:07 PM
She needs to learn to defend herself from being called a "Heretic" IMO.

StoopTroup
1/30/2009, 10:17 PM
I don't believe the Jews forced the World to respect them after going through the Holocaust...I believe the World...or most of it...realized that there were way to many Christians and Jews who refused to let another Holocaust occur. The Jewish Tragedy of WWI was indeed an awful event for the people of this world. That War was between Continents and was an extension of what had begun in WWI. Everything after WWII has been fought to control the outcome...not to win.

Her point that the Jewish people have done more to make our World a better place to live in than the Muslims will probably make things worse though. Sadly...The Muslim Pride must be fed.