PDA

View Full Version : Quick question

JLEW1818
1/29/2009, 04:24 PM
might have already been asked and answered..

Why did Jamarkus McFarland rating go down on rivals?? from 5 star to 4.?

just curious..

JLEW1818
1/30/2009, 01:47 AM
i guess nobody really knows?

ousooners182
1/30/2009, 06:41 AM
They said during the AA practices he was dominant but a couple other dt's really stood out and they rose..
crazy how quick someone can jump up from the aa game..but then again...

gerald mccoy is the main example of that.

he dominated the aa practices all week long and the game and jumped up like crazy.

lewis and chaisson jumped like 20-30 spots a piece too in the rivals 100

soonerfan28
1/30/2009, 10:49 AM
I think he had some injuries his senior year and wasn't as productive as gurus thought he should have been. I could be wrong though.

Big John
1/30/2009, 11:02 AM
I'm pretty sure scout.com had Stephen Good as a five-star, then dropped him to a four-star after he got injured his senior season.

boomersooner28
1/30/2009, 02:21 PM
He dropped from a 5* to a 4* right after he committed to us. Thats how we roll. :cool:

P.S. If he would have committed to Notre Dame or USC he would have gone from a 5* to a 6*. :D

KingDavid
1/30/2009, 06:20 PM
Wouldn't surprise me at all if the non-football factors influenced the star-droppage - at least a little. This one spent a little bit too much premature time in the lime-light and maybe some of his indecision conveyed some weakness of character. Just a thought.

boomersooner28
1/30/2009, 06:48 PM
Wouldn't surprise me at all if the non-football factors influenced the star-droppage - at least a little. This one spent a little bit too much premature time in the lime-light and maybe some of his indecision conveyed some weakness of character. Just a thought.

Of course non-football factors influence the "stars". Thats how they sell magazines and website subscriptions.

trwxxa
1/30/2009, 08:27 PM
He dropped from a 5* to a 4* right after he committed to us. Thats how we roll. :cool:

P.S. If he would have committed to Notre Dame or USC he would have gone from a 5* to a 6*. :D

or Texas:D

47straight
1/31/2009, 09:43 AM
Non-football factors being the sour grapes from Geoff Ketchum and the staff over at orangebloods.com

snp
2/2/2009, 03:27 PM
They said during the AA practices he was dominant but a couple other dt's really stood out and they rose..
crazy how quick someone can jump up from the aa game..but then again...

gerald mccoy is the main example of that.

he dominated the aa practices all week long and the game and jumped up like crazy.100

McCoy jumped from the #2 DT to the #1 DT. It wasn't that big of a jump.

I'm pretty sure scout.com had Stephen Good as a five-star, then dropped him to a four-star after he got injured his senior season.

And they moved him back to a 5* when he recovered from his injury.

e: I was talking about Rivals. No one pays attention to Scout.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
2/2/2009, 04:15 PM
i think it was warranted. he wasn't the best DT on the field during the AA game.

picasso
2/2/2009, 06:16 PM
might have already been asked and answered..

Why did Jamarkus McFarland rating go down on rivals?? from 5 star to 4.?

just curious..

I read where it had to do with his changing of hair styles. Just wasn't "as cool."

Seamus
2/3/2009, 02:15 PM

Nah, he would have gone from 5* to
http://www.nasa.gov/images/content/111857main_image_feature_296_ys_4.jpg

KingDavid
2/3/2009, 04:12 PM
Nah, he would have gone from 5* to
http://www.nasa.gov/images/content/111857main_image_feature_296_ys_4.jpg

Beautiful.

What we mean to say is that "star" rankings simply don't apply to Notre Dame or USC commitments. They bypass the whole system and are measured by "galaxies" as opposed to just stars.

For instance, if McFarland had committed to USC, he probably would have jumped to a "4 Galaxy" rating. Just my humble opinion.