PDA

View Full Version : Blake:"As it stands right now, I plan on coming back"

Sooner4FCD
1/29/2009, 12:38 PM
http://www.soonersports.com/ot/01_blake_mailbag.html

Ed Mann (Corinth, VT): Is there ANY chance of you staying one more year at OU?

There's definitely a chance. As it stands right now, I plan on coming back. I'm not going to make my decision until after the season on whether I'll leave or not. But again, I'm not planning on leaving as of right now.

Wow, I still don't believe he means this.

King Crimson
1/29/2009, 01:08 PM
"as it stands", it's numerically possible i'll be struck by a meteorite and make sweet love to Scarlett Johanson in the next 24 hours.

though, she's kind of starting to look like an insect or something...

ouleaf
1/29/2009, 01:29 PM
Great if he does stay, but I'm not really buying it. There really isn't a whole lot more he can achieve at this level by staying another year. Maybe to work on developing a jumper from 18ft and in, but you can do that during the spring/summer as he got ready for the draft.

NormanPride
1/29/2009, 01:46 PM
He can always improve his moves in the post. He's a physical monster, but his moves themselves are pretty rudimentary in terms of "elite level" players.

soonerfan28
1/29/2009, 01:48 PM
Maybe he wants to work on his trey's. Can you imagine how much beastlier he would be if he was consistent from behind the line.

King Crimson
1/29/2009, 02:02 PM
Maybe he wants to work on his trey's. Can you imagine how much beastlier he would be if he was consistent from behind the line.

the NBA 3?

Boomer.....
1/29/2009, 02:04 PM
Not sure but I think he means FTs.

soonerfan28
1/29/2009, 02:12 PM
NBA 3.

Knippz
1/29/2009, 02:20 PM
He's gone. I said this about Bradford, but Blake...definitely gone.

oumartin
1/29/2009, 02:22 PM
Tim Tebow beat Blake in a game of one on one! And he did so while using one hand to circumcise a baby.

OUSKINS
1/29/2009, 04:20 PM
As it stands right now, I plan on waking up tomorrow to find a suitcase of $100 bills lying next to my bed. Things could change, but that's my plan as it stands right now.

OUstud
1/29/2009, 04:43 PM
God, if he did stay he'd be like the guy I always would create out of boredom on NBA Live, the huge guy with 100 ratings on everything. :eek:

That said, I would bet a lot of money he'll go pro...

OUSKINS
1/29/2009, 06:57 PM
God, if he did stay he'd be like the guy I always would create out of boredom on NBA Live, the huge guy with 100 ratings on everything. :eek:

That said, I would bet a lot of money he'll go pro...

Ahhh...creating players on NBA Live...one of my all-time favorite pastimes-- especially during my OU days. I am a Cavs fan and believe me, I needed to stack my team a bit to get them to compete back then, so I created a really skinny, slasher-scorer, do-everything type of guy. But I bored with it, so I decided that he turned into a fairly politically minded Muslim and changed his named to Abdul A-Muhammed. Those were the days......

Back to your regularly scheduled thread..........

Frozen Sooner
1/29/2009, 07:00 PM
Was his name Chris Jackson?

stoopified
1/30/2009, 08:55 PM
If Blake comes back there will be major meltdowns in Stoolwater.Ausstin,Blue Chicken City.I would LOVE to see THAT but it is highly unlikely.

the_ouskull
1/30/2009, 11:38 PM
"as it stands", it's numerically possible i'll be struck by a meteorite and make sweet love to Scarlett Johanson in the next 24 hours.

Yeah, a totally HOT insect. You bite your freaking tongue, sir. BITE IT!

the_ouskull

the_ouskull
1/30/2009, 11:42 PM
Oh, and as for the thread, offensively, and defensively, as far as positioning, and when to front and when to play behind the post... and his footwork, I guess, too. He's out of position for a lot of plays that his athleticism allows him to make up.

Anyway... He could USE another year, but with this being a weak draft class, and his stock soaring with all of this postseason POY talk (can't you "talking heads" just shut the f*ck UP for once?" he's GOT to go. Personally, I think he's gone, but I've never wanted to be more wrong...

the_ouskull

King Crimson
1/30/2009, 11:57 PM
Yeah, a totally HOT insect. You bite your freaking tongue, sir. BITE IT!

the_ouskull

too much makeup. don't think i didn't almost steal your finger-a$$hole line from t1B. hehe. but, i respect an author.

SoonerShark
1/31/2009, 05:51 AM

Headline:

METEOR HITS EARTH; SCARLETT JOHANSON SEEKS RANDOM COMFORT

OUTrumpet
1/31/2009, 01:00 PM
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x191/Trmptplyr5/homer.jpg

That's what I'm thinking about next year's team if it comes true...

Half a Hundred
1/31/2009, 04:29 PM
If Blake comes back there will be major meltdowns in Stoolwater.Ausstin,Blue Chicken City.I would LOVE to see THAT but it is highly unlikely.

I want him to come back if only to see him drop 45 in the Phog on the way to a 20 pt victory

oumartin
1/31/2009, 04:43 PM
Can you imagine how awesome he would be with KS coaching

tommieharris91
1/31/2009, 05:23 PM
Can you imagine how awesome he would be at Duke with KS coaching?

Fixed.

the_ouskull
1/31/2009, 07:43 PM
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x191/Trmptplyr5/homer.jpg

That's what I'm thinking about next year's team if it comes true...

That's what I'm thinking about Scarlett right now.

the_ouskull

OU_Sooners75
2/1/2009, 04:49 AM
It is amazing how many people think all these athletes look forward to is money and the pros.

Yes, quite stars have left early, or not even attended college...but there are also quite a few that love the experience of college and being the big man on campus that they sometimes decide to finish that experience instead of cutting it short.

Then there are those that loved the school they are attending long before they even got there. And those are the ones that dreamed of winning conference and national championships while playing for that team. So they will tend to stay and give it their all and try everything in their power to win conference and national titles for that program.

the_ouskull
2/1/2009, 12:30 PM
I'm talking about a talented, busty hottie, and you're talking about money, sports, and fame?

What is this, a freakin' rap video?

the_ouskull

BoomerSoonerTexasscks
2/3/2009, 01:34 PM
Does anyone really believe he is going to come back even after saying the he plans on it "as it stands now"? What else is he going to say? "Yes I'm leaving. I have nothing left to prove and OU can only hold me back." He is saying the right things at the right time and when the right time comes he will say he is leaving for the NBA. On a side note is it ok to hope that OKC sucks over the last part of the season so they get the first pick and take Blake?

Overtime
2/5/2009, 05:14 PM
On a side note is it ok to hope that OKC sucks over the last part of the season so they get the first pick and take Blake?

Yes, it is definitely ok. Then maybe I'd watch the Thunder as religiously as my parents do.