PDA

View Full Version : Louis CK's commentary on life.

soonerbrat
1/29/2009, 11:46 AM
"We live in an amazing, amazing world, and it's wasted on the crappiest generation of just spoiled idiots."

http://barefootmeg.multiply.com/video/item/56

bri
1/29/2009, 12:23 PM
Louis CK is teh win. Think I'll watch some Lucky Louie now.

Oldnslo
1/29/2009, 12:30 PM
Yeah, but...

I'm old enough to remember when flying was a Big Deal. You got dressed up, and not because you worked for the airline and you were getting a free ride. You dressed up because it was a Big Deal.

You got served food. It wasn't awesome 5-star stuff, but it filled you up.

You got playing cards if you asked. For keeps.

You got treated like a Passenger, not like freight.

Stewardesses were HAWT. Universally. And they knew it, and knew that you knew it, too.

So, yeah, flying is a miracle and we live in an age of wonders, but I remember it being a little more... wonderful.

TUSooner
1/29/2009, 12:42 PM
Yeah, but...

I'm old enough to remember when flying was a Big Deal. You got dressed up, and not because you worked for the airline and you were getting a free ride. You dressed up because it was a Big Deal.

You got served food. It wasn't awesome 5-star stuff, but it filled you up.

You got playing cards if you asked. For keeps.

You got treated like a Passenger, not like freight.

Stewardesses were HAWT. Universally. And they knew it, and knew that you knew it, too.

So, yeah, flying is a miracle and we live in an age of wonders, but I remember it being a little more... wonderful.
Yeah, but nowadays many female passengers dress like they want to have sex with multiple travelers (not including me, of course) on the flight and at the airport. I.e., they dress way more hotter than back in the day of which you speak, and which I remember very well.

tbl
1/29/2009, 03:39 PM
Still, the overall message is very applicable. "Non contributing zero" was my favorite line...

OUstud
1/29/2009, 04:58 PM
He's the best. His newest special Chewed Up is probably my favorite stand-up show ever.

SoonersEnFuego
1/29/2009, 05:05 PM
I love hearing his life stories when he was on Opie and Anthony. His story about going to jail because of not having toll money...or a license...or insurance...etc. He looks at the toll booth person and says, "I don't have any money..........What do we do?"
Also, according to him, he's a mexican citizen technically.

CK is da $hit!