PDA

View Full Version : Rest of season thoughts?

OUmillenium
1/29/2009, 11:26 AM
Looking at our schedule and having survived conference play so far, what are your thoughts on how we finish? Who will beat us in conference?

Obviously, no game is a guaranteed win but here are the "tough" ones IMO...

At Baylor
At Texas
Home v. KU
At Mizzou

I think Baylor and Texas guards will shoot it better at home. They have to in order to have a chance to win. No way Abrams stinks it up again from the perimeter.

KU game will be huge.

Is Mizzou any good? I have not watched them at all this year. Couldn't name their coach or 1 player on their team.

soonerfan28
1/29/2009, 11:36 AM
I think Texas will be tougher then Baylor and I hope Kansas stays undefeated in conference until they play us just because of the pub it will get, but they looked horrible against Nebraska last night.

oumartin
1/29/2009, 11:36 AM
Mizzou is hot and cold.

I think we lose 3 in conference. At Texas, possibly at home against KU and either at Baylor or Mizzou.

I think OU winds up a 2 seed in the NCAA and if AJ stays on a roll and Crocker starts knocking down his looks I think they make the final 4.

and who knows what happens from there

soonervegas
1/29/2009, 11:57 AM
I agree with the 13-3 assessment, although I think it may take 14-2 to win the conference outright. I think we split the 4 games above and lose one we should not (Iowa State anyone?) I think we win the Big 12 Tourney and head to the West Region as a #2 seed. It will come down to us beating Wake in the Elite 8. I am going to say we do it and end up in Detroit, only to lose the title game on Monday night to Louisville.

tommieharris91
1/29/2009, 12:37 PM
I don't see Kansas coming in and beating us. I can see Mizzou beating us in Columbia, though.

King Crimson
1/29/2009, 01:12 PM
i was in the 11-5 type camp but with the road W's we've got at ATM and Pokieville....and what's left....i'd say anything less than 13-3 would be a bit crestfalling. i could live with 12-4 but not love it. i can see a L at UT, MU, and either maybe at BU or KU (spit) at home. but other than that, if we play OUR game we should beat teams by 10. which is what we are doing.

we are the best team in the conference...so, i'll go with 13-3.

King Crimson
1/29/2009, 01:25 PM
i'll just add that it's since i last posted that i've notice MU got beat by 16 at KSU....which takes some of my "somewhat on the Mizzou bandwagon" luster away.

soonerfan28
1/29/2009, 01:47 PM
No way we lose at Iowa State. They have Brackins and mediocre guard play. He may get 40 on us but I doubt it when he's going against Blake. The barely beat Houston Baptist at home. We could lose at Baylor or at Texas, but I thing unless we have injuries we beat Kansas at home easily. I say we lose at Texas and go 15-1.

OUstud
1/29/2009, 04:49 PM
See, I don't know about ISU. It has all the makings of our annual "North road game that's on a crappy ESPN Plus feed in which we shoot 23% and lose 59-52 just because one of their guys couldn't miss from 3". Of course I thought the same about KSU. I think we'll win 65-58.

OUmillenium
2/2/2009, 01:08 PM
We struggled for a good part of the game but made plays when we had to. Turned into another 10-point win at the end. Great job down the stretch in a hostile environment. Road games against better teams = yikes.

King Crimson
2/2/2009, 01:21 PM
It's looking like any chance Baylor has to make the NCAA (unless they blow it completely between tonight's game against KU and our visit to Waco) will be to beat us.....MU will likely be looking for a W against us to clinch a birth and the more mature version of "quality win"....so, that's not ideal because they'll be sky high. but, hey. our ball handling worries me against MU...some.