PDA

View Full Version : Pitt and Duke lose.

soonerfan28
1/28/2009, 10:19 PM
With these two going down tonight then that can only help us if we take care of Iowa State Saturday. We should be no lower then #3 next week.

SoonerShark
1/28/2009, 10:42 PM
Duke should not drop too much due to only losing by 2 on the road to top five Wake Forest. Pitt lost to Villanova, the 21st ranked team, by 10 and should drop more. I would put UConn 1 (only since they are 2 now), WF 2, Duke 3, us 4. I would love for us to be number 1, but I would prefer it in early April.

soonerfan28
1/29/2009, 11:24 AM
Duke has 2 losses to our 1. They lost to Michigan on Dec 6th.

sooner518
1/29/2009, 12:23 PM
Duke wont drop below us. count on it

IronHorseSooner
1/29/2009, 12:32 PM
Most conventional wisdom is that if we keep on our glide path, we will get a #1 seed, most likely in the Midwest, with the #2 ACC team going out west. I could get spun up on why Duke, with 2 losses, should drop below us, but they did avenge their loss to Michigan. #4 right now is fine.

badger
1/29/2009, 01:20 PM
Behold, my happy dance:
http://eaglewoodsnest.org/wp-content/uploads/blogger/blogger/5412/1505/320/snoopy_happy_dance.jpg

I wanna be one. I wanna put the ONE in Sooners. I wanna be the top dawg (or daug, whatev) in the nation, not just the Big 12. Oh, and I wanna beat Texas too. That's a given :D

And now... back to the happy dance:
http://img.cellular-news.com/story/29766/Vodafone_Staff_Upset_by_Dead_Badger_on_Way_to_Work _1.jpg

soonerfan28
1/29/2009, 01:36 PM
Duke drops below OU. Count on it.

NormanPride
1/29/2009, 01:52 PM
I was commenting to baj, both teams looked lost when their main offensive strengths were defended moderately. Duke needs the 3 to survive (not news), and Wake needs the dribble drive to get anything done on O. I like having a little of everything.

Also, that pg of Wake's is a moron.

SoonerShark
1/29/2009, 08:09 PM
Is Michigan or Arkansas better? Arkansas is 0-4 in the SEC. UM is 4-5 in the Big X + I and Duke beat them on a neutral court by 15, and lost a close game on UM's home court. Losing to Wake Forest at their place in a close game should not count against you. Arkansas beat us and UT at the Sty. UM and UArk losses may be a wash.

tommieharris91
1/29/2009, 08:12 PM
Is Michigan or Arkansas better? Arkansas is 0-4 in the SEC. UM is 4-5 in the Big X + I and Duke beat them on a neutral court by 15, and lost a close game on UM's home court. Losing to Wake Forest at their place in a close game should not count against you. Arkansas beat us and UT at the Sty. UM and UArk losses may be a wash.

Michigan is better. Higher RPI, play in a better conference. Both need to do some winning soon though.

josh09
1/29/2009, 09:23 PM
We just need to take it one game at a time.

soonerfan28
1/29/2009, 09:29 PM
We are the only team with 20 wins and we still have that 1 loss. Wake is 17-1 and UCONN is 19-1, so I see at least UCONN ahead of us but probably Wake with the quality win over Duke, but there is no way that we don't get in the top 3.

sooner518
1/29/2009, 10:18 PM
Duke drops below OU. Count on it.

you think the #1 team in the country, who the media has a love affair with and who lost to #4 at Wake Forest by 2 points on basically a fluke, broken play buzzer-beater is going to fall below OU, who this week has beaten OSU and (assuming we win on Saturday) Iowa State? I'll be back once the next polls are released and I expect some spek then

soonerfan28
1/30/2009, 10:50 AM
you think the #1 team in the country, who the media has a love affair with and who lost to #4 at Wake Forest by 2 points on basically a fluke, broken play buzzer-beater is going to fall below OU, who this week has beaten OSU and (assuming we win on Saturday) Iowa State? I'll be back once the next polls are released and I expect some spek then

Yes, I do.

Readyfor8
1/30/2009, 01:06 PM
I don't think OU will get that kind of love. Might be close in points but I doubt we are higher than 4th.

Readyfor8
1/31/2009, 10:11 PM
I take it back, I take it all back. With Wake Forest losing today (I was thinking they would pass us with one loss in the ACC and two wins over number 1's) it should go...

UConn
Pitt
Oklahoma

IronHorseSooner
2/1/2009, 08:57 AM
I take it back, I take it all back. With Wake Forest losing today (I was thinking they would pass us with one loss in the ACC and two wins over number 1's) it should go...

UConn
Pitt
Oklahoma

Pitt should be below us. The Notre Dame team that they beat is in absolute free-fall mode. Of course, they had maybe the most brutal 5 game stretch in recent memory (and they still have to go to UCLA). The top 10 SHOULD be:

1. UCONN
2. OU
3. Louisville
4. UNC
5. Duke
6. Pitt
7. Marquette
8. Wake Forest
9. Michigan State
10. Xavier (even though I am starting to like Butler her in the 10 position)

That Lousiville-UCONN match on Big Monday ought to be gargantuan. The games in the Big East this year are like what was happening this year in football to the Big XII South. One huge game right after another.