PDA

View Full Version : Need a football fix?

cjames317
1/28/2009, 04:47 PM
Vote for the cheapest "cheap shot" of the 2008 football season. The Huskies' mugging of DeMarcus Granger is included and there are several others involving our buddies from Boise St. and Oregon. I think Major Wright's "message" to Manny Johnson should've been included:

http://www.thewizofodds.com/the_wiz_of_odds/2009/01/vote-for-the-cheapest-shot-of-the-2008-season.html#more

Leroy Lizard
1/29/2009, 01:06 AM
It may have been an infraction, but I wouldn't call Major Wright's hit on Manny a cheap shot.

Are we talking about Sooner games only? If not, I would like to nominate the Texas HS player's hit on a referee.

ouleaf
1/29/2009, 02:14 AM
My vote is probably Auburn lineman going low. While it didn't result in an injury i thought it was by far the dirtiest play. Close behind that one has to be the Boise Safety taking out the Oregon WR.

sooner2b09
1/29/2009, 02:14 AM
Boise seems to be in on alot of those

Crucifax Autumn
1/29/2009, 02:47 AM
Intersting, but this ain't gonna keep me going till fall! lol

Leroy Lizard
1/29/2009, 04:22 AM
I think Crucifax is begging for some cheerleader photos.

Readyfor8
1/29/2009, 08:53 AM
The Laser Pointer one on Colorado vs. Oklahoma State, I think that's funny and not even close to over the line.

swardboy
1/29/2009, 08:58 AM
Interesting that the comments on that board think Granger's mugging is funny :(

OUmillenium
1/29/2009, 10:48 AM
Watching the Tech game today for my fix. We really missed Murray in the BCS game.

CrimsonJim
1/29/2009, 11:07 AM
Yeah, I thought we might get by without him, but MAN was I wrong! He would have made such a difference........sigh

rainiersooner
1/29/2009, 12:18 PM
Along those lines, the Pokie State player taking out Austin Box's knee. Balogun did heroic work, but it would have made a difference to have had Box in Miami.

starclassic tama
1/29/2009, 03:31 PM
no, it wouldn't have.

rainiersooner
1/29/2009, 03:42 PM
I think the middle of our defense tired out in the 3rd and 4th quarter...they were getting pulled to the edges and not being able to get back and fill the middle gap quick enough; hence getting burned on the shuffle pass to the tight end twice, not to mention being gashed for 4 and 5 yards from tebow down the middle time and time again. I think having a quicker Austin Box rotating in with Balogun could have shored that up. But what do I know....

soonermagic14
1/29/2009, 06:43 PM
Along those lines, the Pokie State player taking out Austin Box's knee. Balogun did heroic work, but it would have made a difference to have had Box in Miami.

I dont think Box would've made that much of a difference in the Florida game and I thought Balogun played ok- but the pokie st player's hit on Box was bad....just as bad as the assault on Granger in Washington. The Manny incident had about 3 penalties in one: helmet to helmet, pass interference, and sideline infraction.

rainiersooner
1/29/2009, 07:16 PM
The Manny incident had about 3 penalties in one: helmet to helmet, pass interference, and sideline infraction.

I decided to torture myself and watch it again last night: yeah, all of those should have been called. The problem was it happened early in the game and the referees still hadn't figured out what they were even doing in Miami.

But again, hey - no sour grapes here - well played Florida!!!