PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have link to story about OU's homage to OSU in 2001 after plane crash?

SoonerShark
1/28/2009, 12:52 PM
On February 14, 2001, OU's team wore warm-ups that were in commemoration of the tragic plane crash that struck the OSU basketball team and support staff. Does anybody have a link to the story? The Sooner website also had a yellow ribbon the next few months to honor the victims and the families of the victims.

Sooner04
1/28/2009, 12:57 PM
I was at that game in Stillwater. We wore orange T-shirts underneath our regular warm-ups. We threw the shirts into the student section as we headed to the bench.

O-State absolutely mauled us that night. The final was 72-44, and it wasn't that close.

SoonerShark
1/28/2009, 01:03 PM
Very classy move.

SoonerShark
1/28/2009, 01:04 PM
I was at that game in Stillwater. We wore orange T-shirts underneath our regular warm-ups. We threw the shirts into the student section as we headed to the bench.

O-State absolutely mauled us that night. The final was 72-44, and it wasn't that close.

Did the crowd appear to appreciate the gesture?

Sooner04
1/28/2009, 06:17 PM
Polite applause. They were probably a little shocked at the gesture.

SoonerShark
1/28/2009, 10:22 PM
Polite applause. They were probably a little shocked at the gesture.

Nice. Thank you for the information. I am glad the team did that. I even wasn't that sad when they beat us that one time due to what they endured, which was the first time in my life I ever was that gracious to OSU in a head-to-head match-up with them.

My season basketball tickets are near the visitors bench in Norman 5 rows up and my amazing cheering efforts enabled us to beat them in the return game later in the season. I have been a season ticket holder for 11 years in basketball and I sometimes still wear the Big XII Tournament Champion hat from that year's tourney since it was our first in the Big XII.