PDA

View Full Version : Pat White thoughts

ouleaf
1/28/2009, 11:37 AM
Any thoughts about where he will go in the Draft? I think he is one of the most intriguing prospects we've seen in awhile. Probably the most dynamic running QB since Vick. While he may not be as strong as Vick, he certainly has been successful and won a lot of games against solid competition, including us.

I'd be surprised if a team were to draft him only to convert him to WR. I think if he has a few years to learn on the sidelines he could be devastating in the NFL.

MojoRisen
1/28/2009, 11:42 AM
He can throw the ball, I think he will play QB and WR... Also people like that wild cat formation and he would be a dual threat in that as apposed to an option runner alone.

I just don't know if he can throw well enough for the NFL, you have to be accurate or it's over.

Do you think he is better than Crouch? Probably a better passer

I think he will go anywhere from 4-6th round.

SoonerDood
1/28/2009, 11:47 AM
he's the new Randle El.

yermom
1/28/2009, 11:59 AM
i'd take Vince over Vick...

winning 4 bowl games is pretty cool. i'd imagine he'll be holding a clipboard for a while or playing WR/weird formation stuff next season

soonermix
1/28/2009, 12:07 PM
a second day guy for a good team.
could be a steal that late being such a good athlete

stoops the eternal pimp
1/28/2009, 12:08 PM
I could see White going in the 4th or 5th somewhere...I could see him as some type of gimmick quarterback in certain situations but more likely a slot guy....His arm is not strong enough(not near as strong as Vick's) and he lacks ideal size..heck Del Rio created a package of plays just for him because he wasn't doing too well and he wanted him to show what he was good at

soonerfan28
1/28/2009, 12:25 PM
I think if he would agree to be a WR then he would go as high as the mid to late 3rd, but if he wants a chance at QB then he'll be a 4th or even 5th round selection. He still has to test well at the combine.

ouleaf
1/28/2009, 12:55 PM
I agree, if he's willing to switch positions he will probably go higher, but you have to consider that there really aren't a lot of quality backup QBs in the lead so that might lead to more look at him more seriously as a QB.

That was an interesting comparision someone brought up earlier about who was better, Crouch or White. I'd say at the college level they were pretty equal. White's career numbers are substantially better. About 2500 more total yards and 15 more tds than Crouch.....However Crouch did win the heisman, played for an NC but lost, and probably played against a little stiffer competition throughout his career.

gotpoi73
1/28/2009, 02:19 PM
pat white is definitely one of the most under rated college qb's. if he doesn't hurt his thumb against pitt last year, they go on to crush ohio state in the nc ( and we crush someone else in the fiesta). the thing about him, is he plays his best in big games. not that tall, but i still think he can play qb at the next level

JLEW1818
1/28/2009, 02:35 PM
I'd say 5th round

Sooner13
1/29/2009, 02:47 PM
I see him being similar to Seneca Wallace with Seattle, but getting more time at WR. (pretty sure Wallace is a full-time QB now) He has actually played decent in the little time he has had under center. White is probably faster and a better athlete.

rr2
2/1/2009, 12:36 AM
His stock has been going up. He could go in the 2nd or 3rd round.

AlbqSooner
2/1/2009, 06:59 AM
First pick in the draft by Detroit. They have a long history of taking talented athletes and getting the hell beat out of em in 2-5 years.

bluedogok
2/1/2009, 12:30 PM
I see him being similar to Seneca Wallace with Seattle, but getting more time at WR. (pretty sure Wallace is a full-time QB now) He has actually played decent in the little time he has had under center. White is probably faster and a better athlete.
Wallace was for five weeks after Hasselbeck went out with back injury.

Collier11
2/4/2009, 05:14 PM
Havent ready much from above so my apologies if I repeat anything.

For one, I have always been a fan of the guy minus one horrible night in January 08, I really hope he makes it. I would imagine based on what ive heard from the so-called gurus and people like Pat Jones that he will end up as a Randle El type, but will probably be used more in the wildcat role. Probably wont feature at any position but will be pretty good at a few. See Brad Smith for Ny Jets although I see him playing more than Brad Smith.

Collier11
2/4/2009, 05:15 PM
I could see White going in the 4th or 5th somewhere...I could see him as some type of gimmick quarterback in certain situations but more likely a slot guy....His arm is not strong enough(not near as strong as Vick's) and he lacks ideal size..heck Del Rio created a package of plays just for him because he wasn't doing too well and he wanted him to show what he was good at

Of course it is all speculation but I heard some draft guys around the time of the Senior Bowl saying that he could move up to the 2nd or 3rd round with good workouts, do you see this being possible?