PDA

View Full Version : Flu Bug

SOONER STEAKER
1/27/2009, 07:31 PM
Has stricken me. Temperature of 102, and my body aches from the neck to the knee joints and every joint in between.

I'm taking Theraflu Nighttime, anyone have any luck with that product?Flu shot didn't work which sucks, I wonder if I can get my money back :)

batonrougesooner
1/28/2009, 08:45 AM
Just curious, was your flu diagnosis confirmed by testing? The reason I ask is that I'm in healthcare and we have seen very few cases of actual flu this year compared to last. Good for everyone else, apparently not good for you unfortunately.

fadada1
1/28/2009, 12:39 PM
i've always had luck with the alkaseltzer flu stuff. not that i get the flu (rarely, if ever), but it helps when i have those nasty colds.

flu shots are the biggest scam going right now, imo. unless you're over 70, no need for one.

get well soon.

1890MilesToNorman
1/28/2009, 12:43 PM
I came down with a bug on New Years Eve and it hung around until about 1/12, not pretty but I have no idea if it was the flu or not.

No flu shot fer me either, those are just an educated guess on which virus will strike in a given year.

SOONER STEAKER
1/28/2009, 04:55 PM
I'm getting better, no body pains, just a raw sore throught and a lot of phlem. But I still feel week though.

Wasn't confirmed by the doctor but my sister in law was diagnosed 2 days ago and she feels almost back to normal with the meds her dr prescribed to her.

I'm gonna stay in for 2 more days and hopefully I'll be at full strength.

LoyalFan
1/28/2009, 10:15 PM
I wiah yew a speedy recovery, Streak. Be grateful that you don't have the bug that causes you to perch on the porcelain with a wastebasket in front of yew.
Hang in there!

LF