PDA

View Full Version : Where's that tax cut for those make 250K or less?

landrun
1/27/2009, 06:34 PM
If you're going to 'stimulate the economy' you think you'd give the money to someone other than the extremely rich and the extremely poor.

Not gonna happen with the libs running all branches of government.
And the lie about the tax cut for Americans making less than 250k a year has already been forgotten by Obama and the press.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0109/18033.html

President Barack Obama rolled into the Capitol with a clear message for Republicans Tuesday afternoon: He’s happy to talk, but he’s not compromising on his tax rebates for lower income households.

Obama was ready for the House Republicans to pounce, telling them: "Feel free to whack me over the head because I probably will not compromise on that part [refundable tax credits],” according to two sources in the room.

In the meeting, Obama acknowledged a fundamental divide between Republicans and Democrats on the issue of a tax rebates for people at the lowest income level - Republicans complain that tax cuts for people who don't pay income taxes amounts to "welfare through the tax code."

I read an article (on CNN I think it was) last week where they not even considering a tax cut for anyone making over 75K a year. The middle class will NOT get a tax cut. If you thought they would, you've been conned.

Okla-homey
1/27/2009, 08:46 PM
The middle class will NOT get a tax cut. If you thought they would, you've been conned.

and that is somehow 'sposed to be a newsflash?;)

Getem
1/27/2009, 09:43 PM
Remember that was a campaign promise. Only valid during the campaign.

Whet
1/27/2009, 09:56 PM
He's a little busy:

http://www.swamppolitics.com/news/politics/blog/2009/01/26/ObamaCover.jpg

landrun
1/27/2009, 10:02 PM
Busy? If you can write in a bill that people who don't pay taxes get a 'tax break' and that the richest people in our society get more money (a trillion dollar bailout) then you can go ahead and add an extra paragraph to give working people a tax break, like you swore to those who voted for you (and against you) that you would do. Its not that hard. This guys is a liar. I think everyone knows that but I'm just pointing it out to those who choose to believe this guy is any different than any other politician we've seen.

Whet
1/27/2009, 10:04 PM
He IS from Chicago! Just like our great governor - Rod Blaggo!

85Sooner
1/27/2009, 11:23 PM
Don't worry, I am sure that Bri, LAS and Johnnymack can answer that for you.

Curly Bill
1/27/2009, 11:25 PM
Don't worry, I am sure that Bri, LAS and Johnnymack can answer that for you.

Here's the standard SF.com donk answer these days: "Get over it, our guy won."

JohnnyMack
1/27/2009, 11:32 PM
I'm half drink right now in an effort to stay warm. Can you make up something intelligent sounding for me and sign my name to it? Thanks.

Also, nanny nanny boo boo, stick your head in doo doo.

Curly Bill
1/27/2009, 11:36 PM
I'm half drink right now in an effort to stay warm. Can you make up something intelligent sounding for me and sign my name to it? Thanks.

Also, nanny nanny boo boo, stick your head in doo doo.

We could...

...but who would believe it? ;)

:D

OklahomaTuba
1/27/2009, 11:36 PM
ACORN seems to be getting their "economic stimulus" without much of a problem. Hmm, I wonder why???

Oh well, at least their abortion and condom plan will get the economy moving again.

Hope.

Jerk
1/28/2009, 12:05 AM
Someone even posted a link during the campaign to one of Obama's websites where you would enter in your income and it would 'calculate' how large your tax rebate would be once Dear Leader passed his tax plan.

I had to smirk at that one...

OklahomaTuba
1/28/2009, 12:10 AM
He's a little busy:

http://www.swamppolitics.com/news/politics/blog/2009/01/26/ObamaCover.jpg

What a racist and bigoted cover. I, for one, am just appalled by it.

JLEW1818
1/28/2009, 03:43 AM
yep its not hard, just try and win the poor vote and convince some others who have money to vote for you.... thats the new strategy.

on the other hand.... i don't see Obama doing anything "major"

who knows tho.....

i still type his name in and spell check does not recognize it

SoonerJack
1/28/2009, 09:20 AM
Remember, now that B-Rock is in office we don't have to worry about our mortgages or gas.

OU4LIFE
1/28/2009, 09:50 AM
I'm pretty sure that this is exactly the 'change' most of us were expecting.

Change. Hope. Crock. Shiat.