PDA

View Full Version : The Boss to play BOK

KC//CRIMSON
1/27/2009, 03:29 PM
Legendary music icon Bruce Springsteen will perform on April 7 at the BOK Center. Tickets go on sale on Saturday, Feb. 7 at 10 a.m., according to the BOK Center's Web site. There is no word yet on prices.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/articleimages/2009/Thumbs/20090127_springsteen_package.jpg

The announcement was part of the fanfare surrounding Tuesday's release of Springsteen's new CD, "Working on a Dream," and a national tour with the E Street Band. Tulsa is one of 26 North American tour stops, and the only Oklahoma show Springsteen and the band will play.

Fans can see them this Sunday playing the Super Bowl halftime show.

Springsteen is widely known for his brand of patriotic and folk music-like tunes, also called “heartland rock,” mixed with poetic lyrics, Americana and pop music influences and love of his home state of New Jersey.

Springsteen has won 18 Grammy awards since he started performing in 1972. According to Billboard, his hit 1984 album, “Born in the USA” has sold more than 15 million copies in the U.S. alone, making it one of the top-selling albums of all time. Seven singles from the album hit the top 10, including “Dancing in the Dark,” “Born in the USA,” “Cover Me” and more.

King Crimson
1/27/2009, 03:33 PM
Springsteen is widely known for his brand of patriotic and folk music-like tunes, also called “heartland rock,” mixed with poetic lyrics, Americana and pop music influences and love of his home state of New Jersey.

"heartland rock", "folk music-like"? people get paid to write this crap.

Curly Bill
1/27/2009, 03:42 PM
Fans can see them this Sunday playing the Super Bowl halftime show.

Like I need another reason not to watch the Super Bowl.

Okla-homey
1/27/2009, 04:27 PM
With Bush gone, what on Earth will he have to rail about?

captain_surly
1/27/2009, 04:40 PM
With Bush gone, what on Earth will he have to rail about?

Maybe he will let the anger go. He reminds me of George Carlin or Richard Prior. Once they got seriously mad they stopped being funny. Springsteen hasn't been cool IMHO since he became megafamous. I liked him better when he was playing with Roy Orbison.

OUHOMER
1/27/2009, 04:48 PM
Maybe he will let the anger go. He reminds me of George Carlin or Richard Prior. Once they got seriously mad they stopped being funny. Springsteen hasn't been cool IMHO since he became megafamous. I liked him better when he was playing with Roy Orbison.

Agreed

BudSooner
1/27/2009, 04:52 PM
He ain't my boss, **** him. Srsly, another high priced ticket at the BOK center, wow...color me shocked.

I wouldn't waste $3 on this *******.

bri
1/27/2009, 05:15 PM
Man, just think of the people we could get at the BOK if we hadn't built it by the jail. :D

tulsaoilerfan
1/27/2009, 05:55 PM
It always amuses me how some of the people on this forum always act to cool for stuff like this

XFollower
1/27/2009, 07:53 PM
I might have considered it, but now that he's become one of the "celebretards" who think they have a more powerful voice in politics, I'll pass.

Okla-homey
1/27/2009, 08:31 PM
It always amuses me how some of the people on this forum always act to cool for stuff like this

Yes, that is amusing. But what is more amusing is the fact Tulsa's own Garth Brooks is too cool to play the BOk, or to have performed at any of the state's Centennial events back in '07. That right there, cut it with Mrs. Homey who used to be a big fan. I still listen to his stuff (not the Chris Gaines crap of course), but he took a big hit in my regard for him by his being an a$$ about playing his home state during its biggest birthday party, and passing on the gig when he was invited, nay pleaded with, to bust the BOk cherry.

bri
1/27/2009, 08:57 PM
I'm glad everyone has finally come around to my "Garth Brooks can choke on a dick" theory. :D

Curly Bill
1/27/2009, 10:22 PM
I'm glad everyone has finally come around to my "Garth Brooks can choke on a dick" theory. :D

pfffft...I was in on that theory from the get-go. ;)

I never saw what the fuss was about. :confused:

Cam
1/27/2009, 10:49 PM
I saw Springsteen in Jersey in the summer of 92 I think it was. Never been much of a fan of his, so once is really more than enough for me. He does put on a heck of a show though, at least he did back then.

bri
4/3/2009, 12:00 PM
For anyone who was on the fence about going due to the ticket prices, $20 tickets will go on sale Monday morning with all proceeds going to the Food Bank of Tulsa.

picasso
4/3/2009, 02:48 PM
Man, just think of the people we could get at the BOK if we hadn't built it by the jail. :D

heh.

hey, at least they're building the new ballpark facing the wrong way!

JohnnyMack
4/3/2009, 02:52 PM

smacktards. Enjoy the 3 home runs that'll be hit in that ballpark.

oumartin
4/3/2009, 03:30 PM
Springsteen sucks.

bri
4/3/2009, 09:41 PM
heh.

Yeah, when they kept saying "and a breathtaking view of the Tulsa skyline from the 3rd base line" I was all, wait a minute. So we're batting towards the one block of Greenwood that didn't get burned down in the Race Riots? NICE! ;)

soonerscuba
4/4/2009, 06:12 PM
There are some things on the planet I will never understand, why Springsteen has sold over 100 million albums is one of them.

I'm not being a hater but I can generally tell why things are massively popular, I just don't get "The Boss".