PDA

View Full Version : Is It Possible We Are A Basketball School

jdsooner
1/26/2009, 11:41 PM
:eek: There are more people on the basketball board than the football board!
Unbelievable!:eek:

tommieharris91
1/27/2009, 12:38 AM
I think it's because we realize it's basketball season.

bri
1/27/2009, 01:03 AM
Yeah, it's a little early to proclaim ourselves a "basketball school", but we ARE the first team to 20 wins this year. That's gotta count for something.

'Cause, you know, if there's anything that'll get your average OU football fan to take an interest in basketball, it's a readily available bandwagon to jump on. :D

jdsooner
1/27/2009, 01:30 AM
Travis Ford's a believer:

"Oklahoma, they're not a good team, they're a great team," Ford said. "They are a great basketball team with a lot of weapons on their basketball team. When Austin Johnson is doing what he's doing and you've got that inside-outside punch, that's dangerous."

soonervegas
1/27/2009, 10:47 AM
I think OU is a basketball in every definition except one........we need to get a title on the board at some point. If we WERE to make it to the final four this year that would put us tied for #14 all time on final fours with Gerogetown, Houston, and Illinios. One spot out of top 10. We would be AHEAD of schools like Arizona, Syracuse, Florida, NC State, Memphis, Texas....and many more "basketball schools".

jdsooner
1/29/2009, 01:01 AM
With the women's team ranked number two and our men's team at 4 or 5, it is obvious that in 2009 we are one of the premier basketball schools!

ouleaf
1/29/2009, 02:33 AM
We'll always be a football school first. Presently I think we are an elite football school that is complimented with a very solid Basketball program among other sports at OU. Unless our guys go on to win multiple titles over the next few years, only then could we even start to be considered a top tier basketball school.

I also think the basketball teams have a lot of fair-weather fans IMO. If the men are having a good season, like this year, more fans pay attention to what's happening with the team and in College Basketball in general all season long. Not just at tourney time.