PDA

View Full Version : Tulsa World: Grudge Match

bri
1/26/2009, 07:07 PM
Linky (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sports/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20090126_93_B1_Photoi960555)

It obviously means a lot to Obi Muonelo, who averaged 20 points in two Bedlam defeats last season.

"Everybody talks about this from when you are a little kid," said Muonelo, who grew up in Edmond. "You know, OU vs. OSU."

Muonelo said he chanced upon OU's Blake Griffin at a Kanye West concert. Their conversation shifted from "How are you doing?" to the inevitable subject.

"It got into a pretty heated argument about how they beat us twice last year and how they won without him," Muonelo said.

"We were just arguing about it for a little bit. I really don't want to lose to him because I know how he talks. He is a big talker. We played on the same AAU team, so I don't want to lose to him."

Asked about the encounter, Griffin said, "I thought the whole thing was a joke. We were just messing around, going back and forth. And then I got a few calls, like, 'Did you and Obi get into a fight at the Kanye West concert?' I was like, 'No, man, not at all.' It was just one of those things where we were both talking, just having fun as far as I thought. Maybe he took it more personally than I did."

Griffin, a national player of the year candidate, is expected to be Bedlam's alpha male. But, said Muonelo, "I have more weapons, I think, than he has on his (team)." Wow, what a dickholster. That concert sounds like the first time ever that Kanye West wasn't the biggest *sshole at a Kanye West show.

cheezyq
1/26/2009, 09:03 PM
I read today that he said that he has an advantage on Griffin on offense and that he has a better supporting cast than Griffin does at OU. Unfortunately for Obi, the NBA, the pollsters, and the overall records and statistics tell a different story on both accounts.