PDA

View Full Version : Dear AC/DC...

Okla-homey
1/26/2009, 06:48 PM
My little bro and I taking our lives into our own hands to see to see the Tulsa stop on your "Black Ice Tour" ,<srsly, that's what its called> I think we should at least get to go onstage and sing background vocals on "Hell's Bells." TIA

SoonerStormchaser
1/26/2009, 07:20 PM
...I'M ROLLING THUNDER...POURIN RAIIIIIINNNN...I'M COMIN ON LIKE A HURRICAAAAANE!!!!

bri
1/26/2009, 08:07 PM
You should see if they'll let you slide around the building down the Icon Wall. That just looks like fun.

King Crimson
1/26/2009, 08:55 PM
shot down in flames....

talk an underrated cut.

Okla-homey
1/27/2009, 01:42 AM
I don't know what those guys' fitness regimen and/or nutritional supplements consist of, but they RMFO. My ears will be ringing at least until noon tomorrow.

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/2940/angusyoungtoronto2008uq0.jpg
Angus Young, 54 years old.

Ace
1/27/2009, 11:50 AM
Tulsa gets AC/DC - OKC gets Coldplay. Damn you BOK center.

KC//CRIMSON
1/27/2009, 12:45 PM
Jim Breuer: Hardcore (AC/DC) Brian Johnson Impresssion

UdjRTOuo4Sc

SoonerStormchaser
1/27/2009, 12:52 PM
Homey...

That's why the USAF makes me wear earplugs at that **** nowadays...;)

Okla-homey
1/27/2009, 02:44 PM
Homey...

That's why the USAF makes me wear earplugs at that **** nowadays...;)

I suspect they are weary of paying guys like me for permanent noise-induced hearing lo$$.

OU4LIFE
1/27/2009, 02:57 PM
packed house homey?

no way we could risk the travel, 3 deaths on the turnpike yesterday....

can't believe i'm gonna get stiffed on the ticket price when it was that hazardous that the gubner declared it a disaster.

Frozen Sooner
1/27/2009, 03:09 PM
Sounds like a good show. That's another thing I'm looking forward to with moving back to the lower 48. The ability to see a good concert or three. I saw just as many good shows in 4.5 years while living in Norman as I have in 30 years living up here.

Okla-homey
1/27/2009, 04:00 PM
packed house homey?

no way we could risk the travel, 3 deaths on the turnpike yesterday....

can't believe i'm gonna get stiffed on the ticket price when it was that hazardous that the gubner declared it a disaster.

There were very few empty seats. The BOk did a good job treating the pedestrian approaches to the doors and opened doors early for those who otherwise would have been milling around in the cold and sleet.

Taxis were doing a land office business too. It really wasn't too bad on the way in or home. Most folks were hunkered down thus traffic was very light. IMHO, most of the crashes occurred in the early afternoon right after it began. The conditions deteriorated rapidly at 2pm and caught folks off guard and it was bumper cars city.

By 6pm or so, the crashes were cleared, the roads were liberally salted, and it was 45mph on the Tulsa metro expressways. All that said, you're alive and undented today, and that's what's really important. I'm old, my kid is grown, and both she and the wife would be really rich if I got snuffed in a car wreck.;)

linkage to TulsaWorld story:
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20090127_11_0_Thecol27463

BTW, Springsteen has booked for April.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20090127_11_0_Legend53931