PDA

View Full Version : OU-OSU game FREE tonight

OUsooner1
1/26/2009, 01:17 PM
if ya'll feel like driving to Stilly in crappy weather.

http://www.okstate.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=1463&SPID=145&DB_OEM_ID=200&ATCLID=3654588

King Crimson
1/26/2009, 01:35 PM
if ya'll feel like driving to Stilly in crappy weather.

http://www.okstate.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=1463&SPID=145&DB_OEM_ID=200&ATCLID=3654588

good move by their AD. though, i hope no one get hurt on bad roads...so, i could the play the "irresponsible" angle too. Cuz free tonight is 5 cans of Skoal Bandits tomorrow.

:texan:

Sooner04
1/26/2009, 02:13 PM
'87 UNLV all over again. They had Armon "The Hammer" Gilliam. We have Blake "The Hammer" Griffin.

Hopefully the road team is victorious tonight. They weren't on that icy night in '87.

badger
1/26/2009, 02:26 PM
Dear OSU,

See that big crowd that you have for OU-OSU tonight? You can have that EVERY night via the students if you only follow OU's lead and make tickets free if they use most of them (or have a someone use them).

Do it. You know you're sick of declining attendance, especially when ours continues to rise. Don't you want to be ahead of us in something besides wrestling for once? Just once?

Love,
Sooner Nation

MichiganSooner
1/26/2009, 02:37 PM
First, free tickets to a bowl game; now free tickets to a basketball game. Let's see if those Cowboy fans "travel well". And bedlamb in the world's loudest arena? Are they going downhill or are they a team on the rise?

Sooner04
1/26/2009, 02:55 PM
This free admission thing now has me genuinely spooked. The resemblance to that '87 UNLV game is uncanny!

But we shall overcome! Hopefully no one sneaks in an air horn.

Who's our "Fast" Freddie Banks? Willie Warren?

Is Taylor Griffin the next Jarvis Basnight?

How good would we be with Mark Wade running the point while AJ shifts to permanent shut-down defender?

When things get going tough tonight, will Capel switch to the Amoeba defense?

C&CDean
1/26/2009, 03:06 PM
This free admission thing now has me genuinely spooked. The resemblance to that '87 UNLV game is uncanny!

But we shall overcome! Hopefully no one sneaks in an air horn.

Who's our "Fast" Freddie Banks? Willie Warren?

Is Taylor Griffin the next Jarvis Basnight?

How good would we be with Mark Wade running the point while AJ shifts to permanent shut-down defender?

When things get going tough tonight, will Capel switch to the Amoeba defense?
You do know that whatever is wrong with you is no little thing, don't you?

King Crimson
1/26/2009, 03:39 PM
we better bring it or lose. a bad shooting night will not surprise me.

HOWEVER, i don't (still don't) see the UNLV comparison. i more see a go to GIA and suck it comparison.

because that's happened before. more than once.

Sooner04
1/26/2009, 03:48 PM
HOWEVER, i don't (still don't) see the UNLV comparison.
Top 5 team goes on the road to a hostile environment. Check.

Scores of fans let in for free due to ice. Check.

Coach with very short hair goes on the road to take on brash, combed-over loudmouth. Check.

I could go on. :)

But I think we'll pull it off tonight, whereas the Runnin' Rebels went home to Vegas with a loss that icy night in Norman 22 years and nine days ago.

OUstud
1/26/2009, 07:44 PM
Ironically my parents were telling me about the UNLV game just a couple of days ago. Was that the one where the ceiling tile fell? I wish this game was here for free, that would be great.

oumartin
1/26/2009, 08:07 PM
1987 was only 12 years ago?

King Crimson
1/26/2009, 10:02 PM
Top 5 team goes on the road to a hostile environment. Check.

Scores of fans let in for free due to ice. Check.

Coach with very short hair goes on the road to take on brash, combed-over loudmouth. Check.

I could go on. :)

But I think we'll pull it off tonight, whereas the Runnin' Rebels went home to Vegas with a loss that icy night in Norman 12 years and nine days ago.

yeah, but that was 2 top 5 teams with a kind budding "style of play" and outlaw program/non-hoops blueblood rivalry angle. this a top 5 team on the road at one of college hoops "traditional" gyms and in-state rivalry.

it's not working for me. that said, and it's halftime and we are up 9....i would not be surprised in the least to see us lose. i like where we are at...

1/26/2009, 11:23 PM
Was it "free with student ID?"

That would make good sense. For the most part, they don't have to drive. (...or drive far)

I think that is what they were after... a national TV game, big LOCAL crowd. Good call in my books. Also, it keeps some of the kids out of their cars on the bad roads.

Might be a few idiots who chose to distance drive to the game, but it looked like students mostly. Good for them. Good crowd and good game.

tulsaoilerfan
1/26/2009, 11:50 PM
Don't fall for the "free" angle; the ice is just an excuse to cover the fact that the "best hoops fans in the Big 12" won't pay to see the Pokes get their asses handed to them at home :D