PDA

View Full Version : Former UM QB Marve being courted by Stoops?

CaliBornSoonerBred
1/26/2009, 12:41 PM
http://www.newsok.com/ou-notebook-miamis-marve-considering-sooners/article/3340735?custom_click=headlines_widget

Former University of Miami quarterback Robert Marve has been contacted by Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops and is now taking a look at transferring to OU, Marve’s father told the Miami Herald over the weekend.

Marve is also considering transferring to Oklahoma State, Purdue and South Florida, or less likely, paying his tuition at Tennessee or Florida, which is allowed, the Herald has reported.

Marve is not expected to enroll at a new school this semester.

Marve, 6-foot-1, 210 pounds, played in 11 of the Hurricanes’ 13 games in his redshirt freshman season in 2008, before being benched in favor of Jacory Harris. Marve threw for 1,293 yards and completed 55 percent of his passes for nine touchdowns to 13 interceptions.

Marve originally chose Miami over Alabama when he came out of Plant High School in Tampa, Fla., where as a senior, he broke the state single-season records for passing yards (4,380) and touchdowns (48), both previously held by Florida’s Tim Tebow.

If he transferred to OU, Marve would have to sit out the 2009 season and then would have two years of eligibility left.

Coincidentally, the Sooners play Miami at Dolphin Stadium on Oct. 3 next season

This could help by adding some depth at QB since many are worried about that. We have Landry of course and Drew Allen committed but this could possibly help out.

oupride
1/26/2009, 12:45 PM
I guess he has eliminated Alabama? No mention he might transfer there.

Dio
1/26/2009, 01:06 PM
do we want a kid from Miami? Seems like it might be Bomar pt II.

Or worse yet, Charles Thompson, pt II.

Pricetag
1/26/2009, 01:16 PM
If Randy Shannon is coaching, sure.

starclassic tama
1/26/2009, 01:17 PM
well i'd say it's worth a shot. we are somewhat thin in numbers at QB, and if the guy is an idiot he will be gone ASAP.

aero
1/26/2009, 01:34 PM
6-1, 210. Is he being recruited for safety? Or possibly corner? Chase Daniel and Todd Reesing are great for Mizzou and Kansas but I'm thinking if it lists him at 6-1 he's probably 5-11 and I'd prefer a taller qb. Unless of course Bob's switching to the bone after Sam leaves.

soonerfan28
1/26/2009, 01:36 PM
I think he heads to OSU or Purdue. He is going to be sitting behind Landry Jones in 2010.

ouleaf
1/26/2009, 03:51 PM
I'd be happy to have him if he comes aboard. It's nice to know that we'd at least have a back up with considerable D-1 experience just incase.

sooner rick
1/27/2009, 10:10 AM
Got a buddy from Tampa that followed his career through high school into college. Says he's a hell of a good quarterback. He said you just need to keep him away from mailboxes. Seems he got into some trouble down there with going around and smashing them.

sooner KB
1/27/2009, 11:38 AM
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/content/sports/epaper/2008/08/23/a10b_umfoot_0824.html

...was charged with two misdemeanors - resisting arrest without violence and criminal mischief - after he punched and broke a car mirror then tried to elude police by running away.

MojoRisen
1/27/2009, 11:54 AM
I watched him play a couple of times this year- He is pretty good. What did he do to get benched for the bowl game? Because after watching Jacory there is no way he was better than Marve.

Rhino
1/27/2009, 12:03 PM
Our man Dave Sittler has since reported that OU, in fact, is not in the Marve sweepstakes, that Bob Stoops likes Sam Bradford, Landry Jones and Drew Allen just fine thanks. (http://www.tulsaworld.com/webextra/blogs/weblog.aspx?column_id=12).

pappy
1/27/2009, 01:37 PM
I watched him play a couple of times this year- He is pretty good. What did he do to get benched for the bowl game? Because after watching Jacory there is no way he was better than Marve.

missing too many classes (4) and the 4th absence he was actually in class but was late because he was talking with a professor he had in the class before that one and his teacher still counted him absent.

BigDeezy
1/27/2009, 02:54 PM
Don't think so.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/webextra/blogs/weblog.aspx?column_id=12

msooner
1/27/2009, 03:35 PM
I would go after another high school QB that can be worked into our system, if Wilson and company are around for a while. I think as long as Coach Josh is around, we can have very good QB's come out of the Univ. of OKla. Maybe another Heismen hopeful.

josh09
1/27/2009, 05:44 PM
I dont think i would like this guy.....

KingDavid
1/27/2009, 07:21 PM
This would be something like the Steelers trying to acquire Terrell Owens and Pacman Jones in a trade from the Cowboys.

There are some stories that you just KNOW are full of crap no matter who/where/how they are originally reported.

SoonerShark
1/28/2009, 10:50 PM
Got a buddy from Tampa that followed his career through high school into college. Says he's a hell of a good quarterback. He said you just need to keep him away from mailboxes. Seems he got into some trouble down there with going around and smashing them.

You mean that's illegal? Oops!

Collier11
5/21/2009, 02:35 PM
Marve just announced on CFL that he is going to Purdue over Tenn. I would say that is a good idea