PDA

View Full Version : I got a bad feeling about tomorrow night !

ratedrsuperstar
1/25/2009, 07:48 PM
and I feel like we are in trouble come tournament time because of the minutes our starters are playing, this team just isn't deep enough to go head to head for 40 minutes against a Uconn, North Carolina or Duke.

Sooner04
1/25/2009, 07:50 PM
With Pattillo emerging we go 8-deep. In certain situations, it's a legitimate 9-deep. You don't need to go any deeper than that.

UConn was taken to the limit by Buffalo. Carolina lost at home to Boston College. Duke lost to Michigan. Anyone can beat anybody on any given night.

Enjoy the ride, because we're awfully good.

sooner2b09
1/25/2009, 07:50 PM
Did you watch the game yesterday? Yes we aren't always going to get the minutes out of our bench, but that game led me to believe we can play with anybody.

tommieharris91
1/25/2009, 08:06 PM
ratedrsuperstar, just leave this board. I have never seen you make a positive, informed post here ever.

SOONER STEAKER
1/25/2009, 08:26 PM
The only thing that needs to be scared monday night are the sheep in Stillwater. Chill out and drink a cold one and watch the Sooners go 20-1 on the season.

BOOMER

soonerfan28
1/25/2009, 08:30 PM
I don't know Page and all of his 5'7 self scare me.:D

ouwapiti
1/25/2009, 09:05 PM
what worries me is NOT being able to stay focused for an entire game....i know its difficult but thats what separates pretenders from contenders....however, sooners are WAAAAAY better than recent OU teams.....if they could shoot from the outside consistently they'd be double tough......man, how much fun are the griffins to watch ????....never seen big guys that can flat jump out of the gym like those two

ratedrsuperstar
1/25/2009, 09:32 PM
ratedrsuperstar, just leave this board. I have never seen you make a positive, informed post here ever.

You must be a dumb inbreed f@#$*&% from west Okla and it is simple, if you don't like my post quit clicking on them. Too bad you are to stupid to understand how it works.

Hotrod3157
1/25/2009, 09:35 PM
This team is so fun to watch and after the last couple of weeks I believe that they can play with any team in the country. If Patillo will continue to play that way we are a legit team with some depth. Very few teams can go more then 8 deep and it be quality. Even if they can go deeper those players won't have the playin time to not be rusty in games. I'm not too concerned about tomorrow night but it will probably end up being a better game then it should with OSU playing over their heads against us. I think all of us had better enjoy the ride this year and hope that Joe C. can keep Capel. If we can keep Capel with his recruiting and coaching OU will end up being a basketball power too.

ouwapiti
1/25/2009, 09:49 PM
You must be a dumb inbreed f@#$*&% from west Okla and it is simple, if you don't like my post quit clicking on them. Too bad you are to stupid to understand how it works.

whoa, i 'resemble' that remark......seriously though, western okla doesnt have the market cornered on inbreds....they're all over the state just like they are here in texas and the rest of the states....a person could probably go outside and throw a rock in pretty much any direction and hit one !!!!

Charla
1/25/2009, 10:11 PM
It always seemed to me that I saw less teeth and more bib overalls as I was goin' East on I-40. Once you get on the other side of I-35 it really gets bad. But hey I'm a native and proud of it!!!!!!!

Crimsontothecore
1/25/2009, 10:18 PM
and I feel like we are in trouble come tournament time because of the minutes our starters are playing, this team just isn't deep enough to go head to head for 40 minutes against a Uconn, North Carolina or Duke.

Thank you Dave Sittler:rolleyes:

tommieharris91
1/25/2009, 10:25 PM

Dear Lord I hope the mods shoe whip you for this.

josh09
1/25/2009, 10:27 PM
NOOOOOOO!!!! YOURE RIGHT!!!! WE SUCK!!!! DANGIT!!!!!!

bri
1/25/2009, 10:54 PM

So what you're saying is, you request that he stop posting in this thread?

tommieharris91
1/25/2009, 11:03 PM
So what you're saying is, you request that he stop posting in this thread?

Bri cnat reed gud.

:P

boomersooner28
1/25/2009, 11:15 PM
nm

bri
1/25/2009, 11:21 PM
Bri cnat reed gud.

:P

To read makes our speaking English good!

OUstud
1/25/2009, 11:33 PM
You must be a dumb inbreed f@#$*&%

InBRED.

if you don't like my post quit clicking on them.

PostS.

Too bad you are to stupid to understand how it works.

ToO stupid.

Two sentences about someone being stupid, three errors. You suck.

:gary:

tommieharris91
1/25/2009, 11:47 PM
grammar errors
He needs this. (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126709)

Sooner4FCD
1/26/2009, 12:19 AM
UNC and UCONN I think we'd have trouble against, but Duke?

They have almost no inside presence. Blake would drop 30 points and 20 boards against them.

tommieharris91
1/26/2009, 01:22 AM
UNC and UCONN I think we'd have trouble against, but Duke?

They have almost no inside presence. Blake would drop 30 points and 20 boards against them.

And if the tourney started today, we wouldn't meet any of those teams untile the Elite 8 at earliest.

ratedrsuperstar
1/26/2009, 07:11 AM
Dear Lord I hope the mods shoe whip you for this.

I got a slap on the hand, they told me you came crying about it !!!
Way to act like a big boy, running to your mommy (mod's) cause someone called you a name.
How old are you, 6 ?

badger
1/26/2009, 08:30 AM
Someone's learning from their mistakes.

Payton
1/26/2009, 10:37 AM
You all are idiots with fridgazarous or whatever #12's name is taking baddie McDavis's spot we are now getting productive minutes from someone besides our starting 5. Yeah i just transferred to OU btw so shove it.

SoonersEnFuego
1/26/2009, 11:45 AM
For real. I think he needs to change his name to Negative Nancy or Debbie Downer.
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m115/mizti_182/debbie_downer.jpg

picasso
1/26/2009, 11:49 AM
oSu plays zero defense. If Mizzou doesn't settle for the 20 footer they score 120 on 'em.

Eddie Sutton must be having a coranary.

OUSKINS
1/26/2009, 12:04 PM
Eddie Sutton must be having a coranary.

Ahh..so many different directions in which I could take that, but I'll pass..... :)

Anyway, looking past some of the silliness that permeates this thread, I'll focus on the main point:

Should we be "worried" about the game tonight?

Sure.

But for one reason and one reason only-- the Law of Averages.

Is OU going to go 16-0 in the Big 12? Probably not. I predicted 13-3 before conference play, but I've since switched to 14-2. That still means we're going to have to lose twice somewhere along the line. I honestly don't think it's going to happen in the LNC, although I could see KU getting the upset.

And I don't see us losing in Ames or Lubbock. That leaves Stillwater, Waco, Austin, and Columbia as potential losses. I don't think it's crazy to think we'd go 2-2 in those games.

OSU is a pretty good team. Nothing special, but fairly explosive. I think they are the very definition of an NCAA "bubble" team at this point. And playing a team like that on the road, especially given the rivalry, is no easy task.

We're better than OSU. We're better today and we'll be better tomorrow, NO MATTER WHAT happens in the hellhole tonight.

Are we going to lose because OSU is the superior team? No chance.

But could we lose, just because? Of course.

tommieharris91
1/26/2009, 01:01 PM
I got a slap on the hand, they told me you came crying about it !!!
Way to act like a big boy, running to your mommy (mod's) cause someone called you a name.
How old are you, 6 ?

Just stop posting here. No one likes you.

King Crimson
1/26/2009, 01:40 PM
we've had bad shooting nights/vs. them lights out at Gallagher since the beginning of time....it's very real we'll need to overcome one tonight.

it's a great gym for hoops.

Crimson_Balls
1/26/2009, 02:17 PM

No one likes me here either.

They can suck it!!

BOOMER

bri
1/26/2009, 02:34 PM
Eddie Sutton must be having a coronary.

Why, did someone finally cut him off?

Knippz
1/27/2009, 02:10 PM

Agreed.