PDA

View Full Version : Are we becoming...

LoyalFan
1/25/2009, 09:32 AM
...a BASKETBALL skewl?
The men are winning. The wimmin are winning. Where will it all end?
Oh, the humaniteeeeee!
Frankly, I'm hoping the Bass Fishing Team (Yais, we DO have one.) will add another MNC to OU's laurels.
Congrats to the boys and girls, to Sherri and Jeff!

LF

Soonerfan88
1/25/2009, 02:34 PM
Nah, I think we are still a gymnastics school. :D

GrapevineSooner
1/25/2009, 02:56 PM
we're still a track school.

sooner2b09
1/25/2009, 03:06 PM
WRASLIN!![hairGel]

8timechamps
1/25/2009, 06:44 PM
One can't be a basketball school if one cannot sell out home games.

LoyalFan
1/25/2009, 07:15 PM

I think the talking heads at today's girls' game said the place wuz packed, over ten thou. Not true? Or are you referring to the mens' team games.
Is there a source for attendance figures?
Is the moon really made of green chizz?

LF

Desert Sapper
1/25/2009, 08:36 PM
Hope it ends with Men's and Women's championship trophies. Final Four is definitely in the cards. Boomer!

Hotrod3157
1/25/2009, 09:40 PM

So true!! I was so happy to hear that Saturdays Baylor game was sold out and it sounded plenty loud on the radio. Need to support this team and Coach Capel as much as possible. I think the OU fans will warm up to a great basketball team it might just take a little while. The team is fun to watch with athletes all over the court and that will help some with getting people in the seats. Here's hopin we can keep LNC packed and rockin for the rest of the year.

Readyfor8
1/26/2009, 12:32 AM
The problem keeping OU from being a basketball is no body here cares about basketball until January 15th or later. Thats half the season without a sellout.

Right now half the crowd only shows up for the ranked opponents, and they used to have more sellouts when attendance didn't count toward points for football.

sooner59
1/26/2009, 01:11 AM
Went to my first bball game this season Saturday and it was great. We put a whoopin on Baylor. Been busy lately, but im definitely going to more games this season if i can get my hands on the tickets.