PDA

View Full Version : Bomar Experience

Josh Eisenteith
1/24/2009, 09:46 PM
From the look of the 'Senior Bowl' it's a good thing he has experience washing cars.

Dan Thompson
1/24/2009, 09:49 PM
Too bad he got sacked in the endzone and lost the ball for a TD. IF Loadholt could keep up with those fast DEs or Rett would step up...

Josh Eisenteith
1/24/2009, 09:57 PM
Too bad he got sacked in the endzone and lost the ball for a TD. IF Loadholt could keep up with those fast DEs or Rett would step up...

I'm thinking Loadhold might've let one slip.....just....a.....little....:cool:

landrun
1/24/2009, 10:42 PM
What channel was the game on? I couldn't find it.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/24/2009, 10:44 PM
Its on NFL Network..and the scouts and GMs couldn't care less about the game itself...Bomar looked good this week when it mattered

He is gonna get drafted

Rhino
1/24/2009, 11:07 PM
And that play was all Loadholt's fault.

OU_Sooners75
1/24/2009, 11:57 PM
Good for loadholt.

yermom
1/25/2009, 12:25 AM
hehe

bringit
1/25/2009, 01:05 AM
I saw it as Rhett's fault for dropping too deeply into the endzone and the screen taking too long to develop.

tommieharris91
1/25/2009, 01:08 AM
Loadholt and Bomar were never on campus at the same time.

OU_Sooners75
1/25/2009, 03:16 AM
Loadholt and Bomar were never on campus at the same time.

So...Loadholt is and will always be a Sooner. Blowmar, not so much.

TXBOOMER
1/25/2009, 11:23 AM
The North O-line seemed to struggle a little huh. Bomar struggled but will be drafted without a doubt. I couldn't believe how bad Harrell looked though.

Dan Thompson
1/25/2009, 11:34 AM
The announcers kept talking about how bad Harrell's intermediate passes where.

badger
1/25/2009, 01:46 PM
He is gonna get drafted

I don't think that's up for debate. The real question is can he make a roster?

If he's lucky, he'll end up at a team that has absolutely nobody at QB and teams will be desperate to keep several guys on board "just in case." Detroit and Minnesota would fit that description. If he gets drafted by, like New England... doom.

the_ouskull
1/25/2009, 03:27 PM
- Bomar? 3rd Round. A team with a veteran at the position already. An incumbent. He's being drafted to hold the clipboard carrier's clipboard.
- Loadholt? First of all, he'll break the number of references of a player's "potential" before finally falling to the late-2nd / early-3rd round. The team that takes him either will be disappointed in him, or he'll be considered a "steal of the '09 draft" in three years. Neither would surprise me, and there won't be anything in between.

the_ouskull

JLEW1818
1/25/2009, 03:46 PM
i think freeman is gonna be a starter soon...just a feeling

Hot Rod
1/25/2009, 08:14 PM
Bomar should've thrown it away or held onto the ball. I think that play hurt him. 4 years of experience and gives 6 points away didn't look good to me.

soonerfan28
1/25/2009, 08:23 PM
Loadholt is a athletic as hell for his size. It's just a matter of whether or not he can work on his footwork enough to be a good pass blocker. He has made tremendous strides from 2007 and will be a great run blocker but the DE 's only get faster at the next level.

cheezyq
1/25/2009, 10:00 PM
From the look of the 'Senior Bowl' it's a good thing he has experience washing cars.

Unless I'm mistaken, he didn't get all that much "experience" washing cars...thus the reason he left OU.

sooner94
1/25/2009, 10:56 PM
I think Loadholt will be a good pro. Just maybe not at LT. A lot of all world guys at LT in college struggle at that position in the pros.

Look at Leonard Davis. Total bust at LT and gets moved to RG, then makes the Pro Bowl.

OUAlumni1990
1/25/2009, 11:52 PM

Wow, this thread reminds me of 2005 all over again. Lost the ball for a TD? Sounds just like 2005. Anyone remember TCU or Texas game? Classic Bomar. Nice to see he's had all this playing time and still hasn't learned anything. I'm GLAD he's gone. Otherwise, we would have had 2005 again in 2006, 2007, and 2008.

badger
1/26/2009, 08:55 AM
Perhaps going to the NFL to tryout for a roster will really help RB because as long as he's in competing in the college version, he'll have to listen to Jerry's coaching and crap that goes along with it. When he's in a far-away NFL city trying to make a roster, Jerry can't camp on the sidelines and tell coaches what to do anymore, because RB is not a 5-star coveted recruit... and if he tries, they can just cut his son and RB will hate Jerry the rest of his life.

SoonersEnFuego
1/26/2009, 09:03 AM
I already do!

UberSooner
1/26/2009, 09:41 AM
I agree with Loadholt late 2nd round. His film is not very impressive when going against speed on the outside which is what the pro's will look at. I don't see him playing DT at the next level. Time will tell.

badger
1/26/2009, 12:05 PM
Is this the draft projection thread now? If so, here's a few other comments.

1- I feel so bad for Phil Loadholt and Duke Robinson. I thought they were sure-fire first rounders, only to have these Senior Bowl drills and other crap drop them to second, possibly third round.

2- Whoever drafts Iggy and Manny will not regret it. Draft our WR's. ASAP.

3- I am proud of our top players not declaring early. Academic reasons or otherwise, it is wonderful to have players committed to their teammates and coaches and fans enough to stay an additional year and hold off on personal fame and fortune. If that means no first rounders, that's ok.

...It's not like we had any last year. :P