PDA

View Full Version : Now Hope for a Great Mizzou Or Colorado 2009 Season

Blues1
1/24/2009, 07:24 AM
Some How Playing Nebraska (TWICE) in 2009 in just 4 WEEKS Just Does Not Feel or Seem Right to me ~~~ Hope Colorado or Mizzou Win the Big 12 North in 2009 ~~~ JMHO --- :( -- (SEE BELOW)

** November 7 at Nebraska Lincoln, Neb. 9-4 Gator Bowl 44-37-3, OU

November 14 Texas A&M Norman 4-8 17-10, OU
November 21 at Texas Tech Lubbock, Texas 11-2 Cotton Bowl 12-4-0, OU
November 28 Oklahoma State Norman 9-4 Holiday Bowl 0-16-7, OU
__________________________________________________ _____________

***December 5*** Big 12 Championship Arlington, Texas

ANYONE ELSE --- SEE a Another Game With NEBRASKA Just 4 weeks after the November 7th Date ~~~ I See It Coming...!!!! And Get a BAD MOJO Feeling on that one --- !

royalfan5
1/24/2009, 08:49 AM
I wouldn't write off Kansas as winning the North. NU has to go to Lawrence, and who knows how our QB and WR situations will shake out. I'd wait awhile before I get too worked up about playing NU twice in a month.

Blues1
1/24/2009, 10:24 AM
I'm not worked up - Just seeing how I believe "Things" will shake out This coming Season - Think about it from a College Football Players view ~~~~

"Hey Guys we just beat this Team four weeks ago - Now we have to Do it again"

Or **What IF** -

Nebraska was the LAST OU game of the Season - and they Win the North -- OU wins the South -- Then you END Up playing the Same Team 2 weeks in a Row -- My Point is at Some Future Point ~ "The Big 12 Championship Game" ~ is More Hassle than It's Worth - At Least from a Players view --

"3rd WHAT IF"

South Team A beats North Team B - 66 to 7 in first Regular Season Game

"Both teams play again in Champ Game"

This Time A beats B team in Champ Game 14 to 7

Is B team that much Better the next time ?? -- Or Does A team Just Not give a Sh!T the the 2nd time around...??

Well we gotta talk something for the NEXT 8 Months ~~~~~ :)

Blitzkrieg
1/24/2009, 10:30 AM
MU has a foundation under them, and they have NU in Columbia. They lack star power, but will be a solid team that has a pretty good system in place. KU will be good offensively, but they lose some defense, but mangino is the best north coach IMO, and I think a lot of Pinkel and Pelini. CU doesn't belong in the conversation. KSU will be horrifyingly bad, ISU is well, ISU.

This should be the best north race since 2001.

OUTrumpet
1/24/2009, 12:56 PM
"3rd WHAT IF"

South Team A beats North Team B - 66 to 7 in first Regular Season Game

"Both teams play again in Champ Game"

This Time A beats B team in Champ Game 14 to 7

Is B team that much Better the next time ?? -- Or Does A team Just Not give a Sh!T the the 2nd time around...??

2001:

On Oct 20
Texas 41, Colorado 7

On Dec 1
Texas 37, Colorado 39

rainiersooner
1/24/2009, 01:15 PM
We beat Missouri twice in a row last year. Although I think the players had extra motivation because Daniels is such a wanker. There aren't any real wankers on Nebraska's squad. Hmmmm, yes, I am worried.

Well we gotta talk something for the NEXT 8 Months ~~~~~

Ain't that the truth!

SoonerStormchaser
1/26/2009, 10:11 AM
2001:

On Oct 20
Texas 41, Colorado 7

On Dec 1
Texas 37, Colorado 39

That was purely due to Chrissy Simms.

KU_Sooner
1/28/2009, 12:25 AM
Don't count us out at all next year. Our best offensive players will be back next year. Todd Reesing, Dezmon Briscoe, Jake Sharp, and Kerry Meier will be back. Plus we have Angus Quigley and Darrell Stuckey returning on defense. Yeah, we're losing a big chunk of our D-Line, but we've got some promising talent that really came through against Mizzou and Minnesota. With Mizzou losing Chase Daniel and Jeremy Maclin, the offense is suddenly without it's only players. Our home schedule next year looks pretty good except for the OU game. Which we only stand a chance of winning if we get really lucky. We fared much better than I expected in Norman this year which gives me hope that it won't be another Texas Tech game.

OU_Sooners75
1/28/2009, 12:47 AM
We beat Missouri twice in a row last year. Although I think the players had extra motivation because Daniels is such a wanker. There aren't any real wankers on Nebraska's squad. Hmmmm, yes, I am worried.

Ain't that the truth!

When did we play missouri twice last year?

We played them in Kansas City, where else?

CrimsonJim
1/28/2009, 01:36 AM
10/13/07 Oklahoma 41, Missouri 31 In Norman
12/01/07 Oklahoma 38, Missouri 17 San Antonio (Big 12 Championship)

JLEW1818
1/28/2009, 03:36 AM
That was purely due to Chrissy Simms.

i still hear them say that major almost saved the day

mobilesteve
1/28/2009, 11:21 AM
MU loses Daniel (Patton his backup), Maclin, Coffman and many other of their best players. I know they've recruited well, but they could very well stink. I'd look for KU, NU, Col to battle it out. Right now I'd say KU.

MojoRisen
1/28/2009, 11:38 AM
KU NU for sure, Zach Lee will have to get off for NU... I would bet on KU as well.

oudivesherpa
1/28/2009, 07:48 PM
Don't count us out at all next year. Our best offensive players will be back next year. Todd Reesing, Dezmon Briscoe, Jake Sharp, and Kerry Meier will be back. Plus we have Angus Quigley and Darrell Stuckey returning on defense. Yeah, we're losing a big chunk of our D-Line, but we've got some promising talent that really came through against Mizzou and Minnesota. With Mizzou losing Chase Daniel and Jeremy Maclin, the offense is suddenly without it's only players. Our home schedule next year looks pretty good except for the OU game. Which we only stand a chance of winning if we get really lucky. We fared much better than I expected in Norman this year which gives me hope that it won't be another Texas Tech game.

Of the 12 games we won last year KU was probably the most difficult. I think in 2009 game in Larwence we will be no more than a 10 point favorite.

royalfan5
1/29/2009, 09:13 PM
KU NU for sure, Zach Lee will have to get off for NU... I would bet on KU as well.

Lee won't be the starter for NU unless Patrick Witt get seriously injured, and I wouldn't be shocked if Cody Green starts over both as a true freshman.

goingoneight
1/29/2009, 09:32 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see Missouri struggle badly next year. There was quite a bit of a drop-off in 2008 from 2007, and now they're losing Booger, Maclin and Coffman. Even as one who was never impressed with Daniel, I can tell you that's gonna hurt them. You know their North rivals are sick at their stomach with all the mouthing Daniel and the boys have done in recent years. Think about OU in 2005... then insert "Missouri" in place of OU, and "Pinkel" in place of Stoops. No AD-esque contributor to bail them out.

Nebraska has the big QB question. Unless they have a Sam Bradford clone on hand (in which Sam's RsFr season was very rare for a n00b), they're really going to test Pelini as a head coach. Getting your toughest opponent at home (Oklahoma) is a big plus for them. Again, no booger at Missouri, Colorado is as Colorado does and ISU... well, there's oppurtunity for success.

KU should take it unless they really drop off from the last couple of years or lose Reesing.

royalfan5
1/29/2009, 09:38 PM
However for winning the North, NU has to go to Columbia, Lawrence, and Boulder. None of those places have been particularly friendly to NU of late. Getting OU and Tech at home will help. In addition to a new QB, NU will have to replace the go to receivers of the past few years. Lucky, Petersen, and Swift caught a lot of passes. At least our hot shot QB recruit is a spring enrollee. I think that expectations for NU will need to be tempered for at least another year.

King Crimson
1/29/2009, 09:59 PM
Colorado has KU, MU, and NU at home...whether or not they have the mojo to make that matter remains to be seen. but, the road to winning the North goes through Folsom Field.