PDA

View Full Version : Thunder Draft Picks

boomersooner28
1/24/2009, 01:01 AM
I'm too lazy to go look, but somewhere I read or heard that OKC has 3 (?) first-round picks this year and 2 first rounders next year (?). Is this true? 5 first rounders in 2 years? That would be the awesome and I can see Sam Presti turning this thing around in a hurry! :)

BigRedJed
1/24/2009, 06:34 PM
That's correct. Three first rounders this year, two of which project to be lottery picks. Two next year. Also craploads of money under the salary cap, going into an exceptional off-season for unrestricted free agents. They have no shot at someone like Lebron or D Wade, based on the desire of guys like that to go to the largest media market possible, but have a great shot at someone like a Chris Bosh.

Look for a pretty big swing in talent over the next two years. That won't necessarily translate into better team play, since chemistry is so important, but it's entirely possible that they could be the best turnaround story since the Celtics. And no, that doesn't mean that I think they're going to win a championship. I did say "since."

Soonerus
1/24/2009, 06:43 PM
I say they win the championship next year...

Mixer!
1/29/2009, 10:48 AM
IF the Thunder get two lottery picks, does the Association have any rules about not having back-to-back picks?

I realize the chances are very remote, but the other teams might cry "FIX!" if the Thunder got the top two picks.