PDA

View Full Version : Well, that didn't take long:

SoonerStormchaser
1/23/2009, 03:00 PM
President Obama to lift ban on funding overseas abortions. (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/first100days/2009/01/23/obama-lift-ban-overseas-abortion-funding/)

This is a sensitive topic for me because of what my wife and I have had to deal with in the past...and one that I am somewhat headstrong about. But c'mon...is this action REALLY warranted?

frankensooner
1/23/2009, 03:14 PM
I'm sure if you want some of those unwanted aids babies from Africa, they would send you some.

OklahomaTuba
1/23/2009, 03:53 PM
Gotta get the important stuff done ASAP!

Interrogating terrorists = HELL NO!

Killing innocent unborn babies = HELL YEAH!!!

HOPE.

JohnnyMack
1/23/2009, 05:03 PM
They been playing ping-pong with this for 25 years. Not a shock that the new D president did this.

But I suppose sticking your head in the sand about abortion will just make it go away. Maybe you could pray abortion out of existence or something?

sooner n houston
1/23/2009, 05:28 PM
Yea and we have all the money in the world! No finanical problems here! Spend that money baby!!!

Pricetag
1/23/2009, 05:32 PM
They ought to fund vasectomies instead. Over here, too. Especially over here.

Vaevictis
1/23/2009, 07:59 PM
This is a sensitive topic for me because of what my wife and I have had to deal with in the past...and one that I am somewhat headstrong about. But c'mon...is this action REALLY warranted?

One of the first things a Republican president does is revoke funding. One of the first things a Democratic president does is restore it. It's SOP for any incoming administration, and nobody even spends any time thinking about it.

As far as whether this action is really warranted, if you're pro-choice, yes. If you're not, no. No surprise there, and let's not argue about it, because it's an argument about abortion, and you know how that ends -- lots of angst, lots of yelling, lots of hyperbole... and nobody changes their mind.

Jerk
1/23/2009, 08:11 PM
They been playing ping-pong with this for 25 years. Not a shock that the new D president did this.

But I suppose sticking your head in the sand about abortion will just make it go away. Maybe you could pray abortion out of existence or something?

Why don't you pay for them yourself, buddy.

You don't see us rednecks asking for the taxpayers to buy our shotguns.

JohnnyMack
1/23/2009, 08:24 PM
Why don't you pay for them yourself, buddy.

You don't see us rednecks asking for the taxpayers to buy our shotguns.

I myself am pro-life.

Keep telling yourself that rednecks have never used taxpayer funds to pay for an abortion.

Jerk
1/23/2009, 09:05 PM
I myself am pro-life.

Keep telling yourself that rednecks have never used taxpayer funds to pay for an abortion.

It wouldn't matter if they did. The point still stands. If nala wala in timbuktoo wants an abortion, she needs to pay for it her damned self.

I just don't understand you liberals. Taking people's money with the police power of the state, and handing it to others for abortions. WTF, man. You live in Tulsa? Drive around the "inner dispersal" and let me know if you think American taxpayer dollars could be used for something more productive, like rebuilding our infrastructure (no white male construction workers, of course).

LosAngelesSooner
1/23/2009, 09:24 PM
Jesus healed sinners.

Withholding medicine and financial support for medicine because someone a) is a "sinner" in your eyes or b) doesn't hold to your same moral/spiritual/religious/philosophical belief or c) lives in a country which has a policy you disagree with . . . ISN'T CHRIST-LIKE.

To deny medicine and financial aid for medical care to nations who either provide abortions or provide information about abortions ALSO ENDANGERS mothers who WANT to have a baby AND their babies.

So which is more Christian: preaching morality while withholding medicine and aid or giving medicine and aid regardless of their (or their government's) "sin" and then praying for them?

The misconception here is that the money is FOR abortion. It's not. It's money/medical aid for ALL medicine and treatments. The governments receiving the aid determine where the most need is for that money. Malaria, Cholera, etc all rank much higher on the "funding needs" sliding scale. So does post-natal care, especially in third world countries.

Judge not...

Jerk
1/23/2009, 09:37 PM
Jesus healed sinners.

Withholding medicine and financial support for medicine because someone a) is a "sinner" in your eyes or b) doesn't hold to your same moral/spiritual/religious/philosophical belief or c) lives in a country which has a policy you disagree with . . . ISN'T CHRIST-LIKE.

If you or anyone else here wants to voluntarily donate to those causes, then feel free. No one is stopping you.

But you can't stop there. It's just got to be done by force to make others do it. That's the liber..er Marxist way.

I can't wait until the whole rotten system goes broke.

LosAngelesSooner
1/23/2009, 10:03 PM
If you or anyone else here wants to voluntarily donate to those causes, then feel free. No one is stopping you.

But you can't stop there. It's just got to be done by force to make others do it. That's the liber..er Marxist way.

I can't wait until the whole rotten system goes broke.So, since you're against our government using its money (and surplus medical supplies) to give medical aid to other nations, I assume you're also against our government using its money (and surplus military supplies) to give military aid to other nations?

On another note, were you opposed to our government giving medical aid and monies to other nations as it was handled under the Bush administration? And since Bush also used tax payer money to give financial support for medical programs and medical supplies to other, less fortunate, nations, did you consider his philosophy to be "Liber..er Marxist?"

I eagerly await your direct, honest and sincere reply.

OKC-SLC
1/23/2009, 10:09 PM
I can't wait until the whole rotten system goes broke.

The wait is over.

Jerk
1/23/2009, 10:28 PM
So, since you're against our government using its money (and surplus medical supplies) to give medical aid to other nations, I assume you're also against our government using its money (and surplus military supplies) to give military aid to other nations?

On another note, were you opposed to our government giving medical aid and monies to other nations as it was handled under the Bush administration? And since Bush also used tax payer money to give financial support for medical programs and medical supplies to other, less fortunate, nations, did you consider his philosophy to be "Liber..er Marxist?"

I eagerly await your direct, honest and sincere reply.

My direct and honest reply is that we only need to be spending money on things that we absolutely have to right now. And yes, I wish that Bush had that philosophy, but he didn't. The alternatives were Gore and then Kerry.

Vaccinating a population for an outbreak of some terrible plague is a "have to." Buying condoms and providing abortions for the citizens of Banana Republic is not.

If anyone is distressed by this and is disturbed by the lack of proper contraceptive choices available to the people of The Republic of Banana, then by all means please feel free to donate to a charity of your choice who provides such things. Otherwise, if we are obligated to buy condoms for everyone on Earth, and fund their abortions when they don't use them, then why not just give everyone free health care for every conceivable ailment? All 6 billion people. We have printing presses that are spitting out money 24/7, and some are saying that debt doesn't matter anyway. Let's put that theory to the test.

47straight
1/24/2009, 01:10 AM
Jesus healed sinners.

To deny medicine and financial aid for medical care to nations who either provide abortions or provide information about abortions ALSO ENDANGERS mothers who WANT to have a baby AND their babies.

So which is more Christian: preaching morality while withholding medicine and aid or giving medicine and aid regardless of their (or their government's) "sin" and then praying for them?

The misconception here is that the money is FOR abortion. It's not. It's money/medical aid for ALL medicine and treatments. The governments receiving the aid determine where the most need is for that money. Malaria, Cholera, etc all rank much higher on the "funding needs" sliding scale. So does post-natal care, especially in third world countries.

Judge not...

The money doesn't go to a "nation", it goes to an NGO. So for country X facing malaria, it goes to NGO A in country X instead of NGO B. Malaria pills get bought.